Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr 1.4 with Ableton Link is out

Comments

• There is a lot of crying going on in this thread about the price.

I look at it this way, I own an OP1, it was expensive (£600) now if it was stolen or I gave it away I would want to buy another, yes it would cost me a lot more but time had passed, inflation takes its toll but it’s worth the price so I would just get on with it as it is worth the price in my view.

Now I used to own an SP1200 which I sold quite a while ago, I would love to buy another but inflation had pushed the price beyond my pocket.
    Have I gone online and berated the sellers ? No.
    it’s just the way of the world, I just got on with my day and other equipment instead, hoping one day I’d be lucky enough to hustle together the cash or to find one cheap.

Whingeing about it being so unfair that you can’t afford a luxury item, is not a good look, it makes you seem like self entitled children.
    We all should remember that if we are in a position to post on here about this app then we are already luckier than most of the world and have water to drink, food to eat and a roof over our heads.

• edited February 2020

One final thing, Samplr has been around at the old price for a verrrrrrrry long time and during that time has been discussed at length on various music sites. If you didn’t pick it up prior to the price increase then it’s your own fault !!!

• edited February 2020

Using these vintage apps along with the latest and greatest these past few days has been a pleasant reminder of just how much iOS has improved.

Anyone who has wistful memories to share via iTunes will (audio)copy.

Respect to all developers who have made this possible 🙏

• edited February 2020

Korg Gadget is a quasi-DAW, and yes, some of thier purchases are up there in the price realm of this one. However, Korg is guaranteed to have a least 1/2 off sales 2 times per year. And, those apps all work with one another in an environment. Do we want AUV3 from Korg, yes. Do we see constant updates and new things from Korg, yes.
    Samplr's Dev, Marco, on the other hand, was weak minded, gave into his fear and hate, and is now an apprentice to the Supreme Chancellor, Apple Team. Apple sets this price. You will pay it. This is the code you are looking for.
    Really though, Some even question if Marco is still the same person, as he has been feeding on A.I. algo's via Binural Beats in his sleep and integrating them into his DNA code. We're not sure how much of him is still human at this point.

• edited February 2020

@CRAKROX said:
    There is a lot of crying going on in this thread about the price.

I look at it this way, I own an OP1, it was expensive (£600) now if it was stolen or I gave it away I would want to buy another, yes it would cost me a lot more but time had passed, inflation takes its toll but it’s worth the price so I would just get on with it as it is worth the price in my view.

Now I used to own an SP1200 which I sold quite a while ago, I would love to buy another but inflation had pushed the price beyond my pocket.
    it’s just the way of the world, I just got on with my day and other equipment instead, hoping one day I’d be lucky enough to hustle together the cash or to find one cheap.

Whingeing about it being so unfair that you can’t afford a luxury item, is not a good look, it makes you seem like self entitled children.

Some people like to discuss the pricing of a music app on a public forum, that's dedicated to the discussion of music apps.

Others take it upon themselves to write long, ranty posts, attacking those people for having an opinion different to their own.

That's the way the World spins. We're all different.

• @Breezee said:
    Korg Gadget is a quasi-DAW, and yes, some of thier purchases are up there in the price realm of this one. However, Korg is guaranteed to have a least 1/2 off sales 2 times per year. And, those apps all work with one another in an environment. Do we want AUV3 from Korg, yes. Do we see constant updates and new things from Korg, yes.
    Samplr's Dev, Marco, on the other hand, was weak minded, gave into his fear and hate, and is now an apprentice to the Supreme Chancellor, Apple Team. Apple sets this price. You will pay it. This is the code you are looking for.
    Really though, Some even question if Marco is still the same person, as he has been feeding on A.I. algo's via Binural Beats in his sleep and integrating them into his DNA code. We're not sure how much of him is still human at this point.

⬆️ Sarcasm, in case anyone wonders.

• @Breezee said:

Woah

• edited February 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

Some people like to discuss the pricing of a music app on a public forum, that's dedicated to the discussion of music apps.

Others take it upon themselves to write long, ranty posts, attacking those people for having an opinion different to their own.

Yep, if mine was the first of such posts I’d maybe feel maligned however the constant crying was grating.
    There’s a distinct difference between discussing and self entitled whinging.

Especially when the audience had been asking for an update for ages then when they get it complain because the developer has the cheek to seek monetary recompense.

• @CRAKROX said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

Yep, if mine was the first of such posts I’d maybe feel maligned however the constant crying was grating.

There's a difference between joining in with a debate, in a respectful and constructive way, and lurching in with insults and waving your dick around like a randy bull in a field full of heffers.

• @MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

There's a difference between joining in with a debate, in a respectful and constructive way, and lurching in with insults and waving your dick around like a randy bull in a field full of heffers.

I’ve already joined in a respectful way, however pointing out that certain posters are acting in a selfentitled manner isn’t dick waving as you put it in my view.

• Question regarding the topic of the thread, the app:

How intuitive and easy to get into is the app? Especially compared to Spacecraft. That is one app I regularly use on its own in standalone when in the bus, train or taking a break from learning just to get lost in different soundscapes. Is that doable with samplr as well or does that take a bit more effort?

What I really like about Spacecraft that I do not to feed new samples into it to get different results. I can just skip around in the default ones and usually find something new I can play around with. It‘s a matter of 10 seconds and I got some pleasing results.

• @CRAKROX said:

I’ve already joined in a respectful way, however pointing out that certain posters are acting in a selfentitled manner isn’t dick waving as you put it in my view.

Well it is, in my view.

Why do you feel it your responsibility to chastise and criticise posters for having an opinion different to yours? So you're happy top pay $30 for the app, good for you. Others feel that's a bit steep, and are entitled to express that opinion without being accused of 'self entitled whinging' and labelled as 'self entitled children'.

You don't know the financial situations of others on here, what might be cheap to you might not be to others who have to save and budget for stuff like this.

• @Zaubrer said:
    Question regarding the topic of the thread, the app:

How intuitive and easy to get into is the app? Especially compared to Spacecraft. That is one app I regularly use on its own in standalone when in the bus, train or taking a break from learning just to get lost in different soundscapes. Is that doable with samplr as well or does that take a bit more effort?

What I really like about Spacecraft that I do not to feed new samples into it to get different results. I can just skip around in the default ones and usually find something new I can play around with. It‘s a matter of 10 seconds and I got some pleasing results.

Not as immediate as Spacecraft, but in standalone you can get some pretty good stuff going, as it's got 6 tracks and a built in sequencer.

• @Zaubrer said:

While I can't directly compare it to spacecraft add that's still in my want list, samplr is a lot of creative fun, really easy to get into and I found it inspiring to play with - it's iPad only though if you're thinking about using it on your commute...

• edited February 2020

@MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

Well it is, in my view.

Why do you feel it your responsibility to chastise and criticise posters for having an opinion different to yours? So you're happy top pay $30 for the app, good for you. Others feel that's a bit steep, and are entitled to express that opinion without being accused of 'self entitled whinging' and labelled as 'self entitled children'.

You don't know the financial situations of others on here, what might be cheap to you might not be to others who have to save and budget for stuff like this.

Let’s see...

1. I don’t have a problem with anyone thinking the app is too expensive.

2. I don’t have a problem with anyone who posts that.

3. As written what irritates is those who cry and moan about it although it’s their god given right to buy something at the original price forever.

4. Anyone on here who can afford the hardware to run these apps isn’t a million miles away from being able to afford them. Even if it meant saving for a period of time to do so. iPads/iPhones/Apps are luxury items.

5. Why should I not defend the developers actions when others are criticising them ? (Over price).

6. Try rereading my posts without the lens of irritation you seemingly have over our past arguments.

• edited February 2020

@CRAKROX said:

Let’s see...

3. As written what irritates is those who cry and moan about it although it’s their god given right to buy something at the original price forever.

Do you not see a contradiction between what you've written there, and posted previously?

@CRAKROX said:

1. Why should I not defend the developers actions when others are criticising them ? (Over price).

They're not criticising them personally though are they. They're not calling the developer a 'self entitled child' for setting a price they don't like. They're simply commenting on the price. It's a commercial product. This is a forum about commercially available music apps - where they get promoted, tested, bug reported, purchased, and showcased. Discussing the price of an app is a part of that.

So I don't see why you have to make personal insults against those that don't share your view on its pricing structure. By all means argue in the developers favour for the price they've set, but do it without accusing people of 'self entitled whinging' and labelling them as 'self entitled children'.

• @MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

Let’s see...

Do you not see a contradiction between what you've written there, and posted previously?

@CRAKROX said:

1. Why should I not defend the developers actions when others are criticising them ? (Over price).

They're not criticising them personally though are they.

The word 'greed' came back a few times, if I'm not mistaken.

• edited February 2020

@brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CRAKROX said:

Let’s see...

@CRAKROX said:

The word 'greed' came back a few times, if I'm not mistaken.

Ok, I didn't see that. That's obviously out of order. But comments about "a lot of crying going on in this thread about the price", "self entitled children" and "those who cry and moan about it although it’s their god given right to buy something at the original price forever" comes across as a general complaint against anyone who thought $30 was too high. Which I do.

• edited February 2020

@MonzoPro said:

>

Not at all, it’s about the tone of certain posts.

@CRAKROX said:

>

I did not single out any individual poster, it is up to them to if they feel what is written is applicable to their individual posts.
    However surely calling the developer greedy is a personal criticism ?

• p.s. As I said in one of my earlier posts it’s certain posters who are coming across badly, not all who are unhappy with the price rise.

• edited February 2020

@Zaubrer said:

Funny, I find spacecraft really hard to get inspired by or get positive (according to me) results. It seems to me that samplr covers a wide variety of sample playing modes from granular through vinyl to arp while spacecrafts output is generally fairly loose rhythmically.

When I first got samplr I remember clearly that I found it confusing and put it away for a couple of days. The stumbling block was that I couldn’t work out how to start the sequencer. Yes, as silly as that. Once I had that piece of information everything else was a breeze.

• @OnfraySin said:

“You’re too poor for SAMPLR, bosh !”

• @CRAKROX said:

I did not single out any individual poster, it is up to them to if they feel what is written is applicable to their individual posts.
    However surely calling the developer greedy is a personal criticism ?

Of course it is, but if you had an issue with that particular post then maybe you should have quoted it, rather than making generic comments about "a lot of crying going on in this thread about the price", "self entitled children" and "those who cry and moan about it although it’s their god given right to buy something at the original price forever".

@CRAKROX said:

Not at all, it’s about the tone of certain posts.

Precisely.

• @supadom said:

@Zaubrer said:

Funny, I find spacecraft really hard to get inspired by or get positive (according to me) results. It seems to me that samplr covers a wide variety of sample playing modes from granular through vinyl to arp while spacecrafts output is generally fairly loose rhythmically.

When I first got samplr I remember clearly that I found it confusing and put it away for a couple of days. The stumbling block was that I couldn’t work out how to start the sequencer. Yes, as silly as that. Once I had that piece of information everything else was a breeze.

Same here.

I can't be creative or inspired with Spacecraft. I love the app, but Samplr for me is like sit in front of my piano. I can play and let my fun flows.

My real thought here, is that Samplr is an app for musicians

• @MonzoPro said

Of course it is, but if you had an issue with that particular post then maybe you should have quoted it,

>

Maybe you shouldn’t be so sensitive or try reading my posts more closely.

• edited February 2020

@CRAKROX said:

@MonzoPro said

Of course it is, but if you had an issue with that particular post then maybe you should have quoted it,

>

Bored now. Ignore activated.

• edited February 2020

I've used Samplr in a very limited way live - I sing with an alt-rock band and there are a couple of songs where I use the loop mode to live-mangle vocal samples. I really should try making Samplr the basis of an actual composition for my fledgling solo alter-ego!

• edited February 2020

@OnfraySin said:

@supadom said:

@Zaubrer said:

Same here.

I can't be creative or inspired with Spacecraft. I love the app, but Samplr for me is like sit in front of my piano. I can play and let my fun flows.

My real thought here, is that Samplr is an app for musicians

Ah well, then it Samplr is probably not for me. I‘m no musician at all, I just like fiddling with sounds and learn stuff about synthesis. Spacecraft is probably more like a meditational thing for me than it is for fiddling and learning. For the learning aspect of Granular Synthesis I already got Quanta and am eyeing with Borderlands Granular and Tardigrain. I guess Samplr would do fine but I don‘t think I would get my money worth.

Thanks for the input though! Helped a lot :smile:

• @CRAKROX said:

@MonzoPro said

>

Is it actually possible to put people on an ignore list? That‘s something I really miss on these forums. I am so used to it from the other ones I am active at.