Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr 1.4 with Ableton Link is out

Comments

• @supadom said:

For the record I was not complaining about the price.

Then I apologize!

I just watched the Cuckoo video. It looks incredible. Bought the app years ago, and never really got it. That will change this week!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

and, far shorter and more recently, I like what our friendly fruitcake Cuckoo does with it here also:

https://youtu.be/1dLP1Ckm7ek

Ah thanks, that’s really helped jog the memory -picked up a couple of tricks straight away.

• @mistercharlie said:

@supadom said:

For the record I was not complaining about the price.

Then I apologize!

I just watched the Cuckoo video. It looks incredible. Bought the app years ago, and never really got it. That will change this week!

No worries, it wasn’t clear. What I meant was that I already own the app but I’d buy it again if it came out as AUV3. Would likely spend more on it but didn’t want to show off. Showing off is easy when one doesn’t actually have to empty the pockets ..

• Why > @mistercharlie said:

Blimey, thirty quid.

“As for the price, TBH I’d pay £30 for a AUV3 version of it with full midi implementation.”

>

Yeah, no AUV3?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Samflash3 said:
    Whoa. The price went up by $20. I really should have got the app earlier but I was worried it was abandoned.
    Sigh...

People worry to much (in my opinion) about abandonment even when apps work well. If an app works well and is at a decent price point and is a known quantity, don't worry about what might be added in the future. Just ask yourself, can I use this today, does my version of the OS support it.

Yeah, and this was a hard lesson in that.

• I understand perfectly well who has been hurt by the rather remarkable price increase that Samplr had during this update. One has the impression of having arrived only a second after the sale is over.
    But if there is really an app that deserves to cost more than € 30.00 it is probably this one here.
    However, I would have been hurt too, I can't deny it. Strangely, for once, it wasn't my turn ...

• @mistercharlie said:

Blimey, thirty quid.

As for the price, TBH I’d pay £30 for a AUV3 version of it with full midi implementation.

Whoa. The price went up by $20. I really should have got the app earlier but I was worried it was abandoned.

Ha! What happened to ‘this is the best sampler ever’ ? $30 isn’t even enough to buy a plugin for the Mac!

I've not used Samplr so I don't know if I qualify under the notion that it's the best sampler ever. I was just reflecting if I made the right decision in not buying the app. There's the side of not knowing what I'd miss, but there's also the fact that I didn't need the app before this thread was made.

Overall, I've made my peace with it. If I get it in the future, great. If not, also great. What matters is what I do with the tool, and I have a good amount of tools I can use to create all sorts of music.

• So how has the addition of Link changed how anybody uses Samplr? Videos?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2020

For that price should include Drambo!

:trollface:

I used Sampler back in the day and I miss no midi input (I know state of the art touch interface blablabla but I was using pads at that time and I will use them now if I go that route) but even today with the recipes hack trick I will not use it too much (maybe if I freeze an old device inside a dock... mmmm...)
    Anyways it's a great app even I didn't used it too much and it deserves the price. Let's hope it doesn't gets deprecated and later appears inside garageband update which I can't install due my old mini4...

Apple sucks... developers and then we miss amazing apps.

• @Samflash3 said:

@mistercharlie said:

Blimey, thirty quid.

As for the price, TBH I’d pay £30 for a AUV3 version of it with full midi implementation.

Ha! What happened to ‘this is the best sampler ever’ ? $30 isn’t even enough to buy a plugin for the Mac!

I've not used Samplr so I don't know if I qualify under the notion that it's the best sampler ever. I was just reflecting if I made the right decision in not buying the app. There's the side of not knowing what I'd miss, but there's also the fact that I didn't need the app before this thread was made.

Overall, I've made my peace with it. If I get it in the future, great. If not, also great. What matters is what I do with the tool, and I have a good amount of tools I can use to create all sorts of music.

Fwiw, it isn't a traditional sampler and for doing traditional sampler stuff (even considering that "traditional sampler" can mean a lot of things), there are other options that work better. So, I wouldn't stress if you can't get it. If the videos of it intrigue you, you might keep an eye on it in case it goes on sale at some point.

• What's the justification for price increase?

• @auxmux said:
    What's the justification for price increase?

Sorry - but that’s just wrong

• I didn't express that well enough. I get the app is much beloved, but I never had it, but the jump seems high to me. I may consider it in the future, but it gives me pause right now.

• edited February 2020

@auxmux said:

Probably the large and never ending chorus of “I would pay unlimited money if only this app wasn’t abandoned and dead.”

The real cost could be measured in time spent owning an iPad while not owning Samplr.

Shivering at that thought 🥶

The price is still an absolute bargain for what Samplr can do, it has been able to sync via link to midi for a long time. Great to have Link support built in. Will save a good bit of time for regular users.

• Have a feeling it will jump to auv3 as well

• @Marcos Thank you so much for the update! Samplr is such a joy to use on an iPad.. so much potential.. so much experimentation.. it's a true treasure! Never mind the pure fun factor.. it's a perfect noisemaker, soundscaper, spirit waker, cake baker.. :)

• Well worth $30, one of the original innovative iPad music apps.

• Samplr, Koala, and Turnado together makes for a good time

• Holy Funk!

Great to see this still being developed.

• @Marcos said:
    Hi everyone,

This update took a lot longer that I expected but it’s finally here. Samplr 1.4 is out!

New features:

• Ableton Link support. I’m really excited about this one.
    • Redraw the entire interface at a higher resolution. It should look good now on big iPads.
    • Improved MIDI Sync. MIDI was never great so I decided to rewrite it from scratch. It should work much better now.
    • Fixed audio recording and file import from Dropbox and Audioshare.
    • Many more bug fixes.

Enjoy!

Marcos

Get it here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/samplr-touch-the-music/id560756420?mt=8

You rule, thanx!

• This is not a vid of the update but shows what samplr does for those on fence

• @Marcos
    Hi! thank you so much for the update! I have a big problem though. I need to download it back on my ipad mini 1 and its not possible anymore! It's a huge bummer as the ableton link apps work on that OS, and it was one of the apps that really made that device worth something. Is it possible to get it back somehow, even without ableton link? 🙏

• @pierre said:
    @Marcos
    Hi! thank you so much for the update! I have a big problem though. I need to download it back on my ipad mini 1 and its not possible anymore! It's a huge bummer as the ableton link apps work on that OS, and it was one of the apps that really made that device worth something. Is it possible to get it back somehow, even without ableton link? 🙏

Have you tried downloading it again? Recently I had an app that required iOS 11 or higher - my phone is on ios10.2 - so I thought I couldn't download - but I hit the download button anyways & got message saying something like "this app required 11.0 or higher - do you want to download the last version of the app that worked on iOS 10?" Worth a shot.

• @Halftone said:
    Have you tried downloading it again? Recently I had an app that required iOS 11 or higher - my phone is on ios10.2 - so I thought I couldn't download - but I hit the download button anyways & got message saying something like "this app required 11.0 or higher - do you want to download the last version of the app that worked on iOS 10?" Worth a shot.

Ok, that's interesting, in the appstore i can't download. but if I search in the "purchase" list it works. I guess no ableton link for me!

• @pierre said:

@Halftone said:

Ok, that's interesting, in the appstore i can't download. but if I search in the "purchase" list it works. I guess no ableton link for me!

A samplr with no Link is still a working Samplr though...

• @auxmux said:

Think of it as a way to fund the development costs to make Samplr AUv3 and Universal:)

• edited February 2020

@markos thanks for the update. Sync was the one thing missing to effectively use with my hardware. Very excited to to revisit this wonderful thing you've made. like many here, it's the one that led me to get an ipad in the first place.

I had a feeling that the much anticipated update would not be Auv3, and I'm fine with that, but I was hoping for more midi control (for pause/play of samples, envelope control etc). Also, I find the decision to include Dropbox import but not support Files app integration a bit frustrating.