Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr 1.4 with Ableton Link is out

15678911»

Comments

• edited May 2020

Marcos is it possible to add folder support within the app? I like to audition sounds before loading, and I have hundreds I need to scroll through which drastically hurts the workflow. Don't get me wrong, Samplr is a marvel. Still nothing like it. Even with the limited tracks, I've made gems with this app. my only wish is for better sample organization. The ability for me to locate my drums, bass, etc is something I've wanted for years. Even as an iap I would pay nearly any price you set. Seriously!!

• @Imhodef said:
    Marcos is it possible to add folder support within the app? I like to audition sounds before loading, and I have hundreds I need to scroll through which drastically hurts the workflow. Don't get me wrong, Samplr is a marvel. Still nothing like it. Even with the limited tracks, I've made gems with this app. my only wish is for better sample organization. The ability for me to locate my drums, bass, etc is something I've wanted for years. Even as an iap I would pay nearly any price you set. Seriously!!

On the samplr.net web-page is a support button, there you can e-mail your request(s)

• @Imhodef said:

beautiful request, don't forget his facebook page as well cause this one's a no brainer!!

• @kobamoto said:

@Imhodef said:

beautiful request, don't forget his facebook page as well cause this one's a no brainer!!

As a workaround use Auditor as your file browser. If you open Auditor you get the same interface as the Files app but with the audition button that is built in to Auditor. Once you’ve picked your file choose Select, check the file and tap Share. You’ll have the option to open the file in Samplr.

• @anickt said:

@kobamoto said:

@Imhodef said:

As a workaround use Auditor as your file browser. If you open Auditor you get the same interface as the Files app but with the audition button that is built in to Auditor. Once you’ve picked your file choose Select, check the file and tap Share. You’ll have the option to open the file in Samplr.

Or the shortcut I created. I added Samplr support.

https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

• edited May 2020

@Samflash3 said:

Or the shortcut I created. I added Samplr support.

https://routinehub.co/shortcut/5189

I'm going to say something controversial... just my opinion... but thats not an essential Shortcut! :wink:

• I definitely would like Marcos to address it in app but of course thank you guys for the ideas to hold us over 👍

• @kobamoto said:

@bleep said:

@kobamoto said:
    So grateful for the Samplr update, hoping next that we will get panning and sample editing within the app itself..., here's to another 100yrs of Samplr

Panning was actually specifically mentioned in the interview with the developer that was linked to earlier. He sees the app as a touch instrument where you interact with the sounds you have prepared. If you want panning, you need to have pan included in the sample and touch it accordingly!

I'm aware, at the same time it wasn't definitive so much as to be a rejection, and he has told me directly that he'll consider it so I hope that he's still considering. I completely agree with him on the ethos of the app but imho panning wouldn't destroy his vision or kill muscle memory, and he is keen on adding features that he feels will benefit the community at large.
    I believe that since he has acknowledge many times as well as in that interview that even though he did not create it for composing that many people use Samplr for composing and that panning is a feature that definitely falls inline with the kind he'd consider and find useful to others even though it wasn't his initial intention.... one can hope :)

I just noticed this Samplr update from April 15th and immediately thought of you, @kobamoto. :)

The full update details:

1.4.4 - Apr 15, 2020

• Sample panning
    • Button to return to the IAA host
    • Play/Pause button latch
    • Improved support for audio interfaces
    • Fixed microphone recording to one channel
    • Fixed support for Files app
    • MIDI Sync improvements

• yep, Christmas came early this year, and sample import is on the way for Playground as well

• @Turntablist @Carnbot

Yes, I clearly remember it being there at some point. This sucks.

• @supadom said:

The folder is back now in the last update :)

• @Carnbot said:

@supadom said:

The folder is back now in the last update :)

Ah yes, but that’s files and not iCloud. Still very useful. I might have seen in there but imagined it was iCloud. Apple has that strange ability to confuse the shit out of me.

• edited May 2020

Samplr Tutorial

• i have samplr in aum on one track and mutant on another. is it possible to record mutant inside samplr ( mutant or any other app ) ?

• @mlau said:
    i have samplr in aum on one track and mutant on another. is it possible to record mutant inside samplr ( mutant or any other app ) ?

I have no idea how you loaded Mutant into AUM. I thought it has no connectivity.

I just got Samplr about 30 minutes ago (finally). It seems to only load into the Output slot in Audiobus for sampling. I have it loaded, but haven’t sampled anything yet. Still feeling my way around the app.

• @CracklePot my bad ! Was just into my head 😎 wishing for ...etc ...

So you say i should load samplr in audiobus 3 in order to be able to record another app into samplr ?

• edited June 2020

@mlau said:
    @CracklePot my bad ! Was just into my head 😎 wishing for ...etc ...

So you say i should load samplr in audiobus 3 in order to be able to record another app into samplr ?

So far, that is the only option I have come across. Put it in AB3 output slot, not the FX slot. I was able to sample using the record button in the top toolbar. It will replace the sample you have currently selected, so be careful.

Lol, no problem about Mutant. I just thought you found a secret workaround or something. 🙂

• @CracklePot tx ! it works like a charm ...

• In Samplr, Is there a way to Export Projects between iPads ?