Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux:fx in 2020?

Hello,
I researched the forum and found equally different opinions. Is it worth what it costs?
Is it true that it's an abandoned software?

Comments

• @Faland said:
    Hello,
    I researched the forum and found equally different opinions. Is it worth what it costs?
    Is it true that it's an abandoned software?

Its on offer right now. It is good but I don't use it that often

• I haven’t opened it in years, the quality of effects has improved a lot since this was released.

Don’t remember having issues, also don’t recall any of the effects on there being very special.

• It’s abandonware unfortunately. Not worth the price as it hasn’t been touched in 3years.

• Don't press the "f" logo in upper left corner or your screen will lock in full screen graphic mode. A label appears to say Tap To Return but it doesn't respond to taps and soon disappears.

• Thanks guys, I think I’ll save 15 €... (not for long, though) 🙄

• I'd wait until it goes cheaper. It is good though. I occasionally take it out. The sequencer with randomiser makes it an excellent plugin.

• @Carnbot said:
    I'd wait until it goes cheaper. It is good though. I occasionally take it out. The sequencer with randomiser makes it an excellent plugin.

Yep. This.

• Is the iPhone version worth looking at? Way cheaper...

• @Krupa said:
    Is the iPhone version worth looking at? Way cheaper...

It works but it can be a hassle and really needs an update

• Fair enough, cheers Jack 👍

• I still use it lots. The only downside of the iPhone version is that you can't tweak and save your own presets; I make new patches on the iPad version, then import to the iPhone.

• Good tip

• @echoopera said:
    It’s abandonware unfortunately. Not worth the price as it hasn’t been touched in 3years.

Although, some people love it for what it has done for the past 3 years :)

I think we should generally separate the question of how good something is from how recently it was updated. The question is does it do something well -- even if it is the same thing that it has done for ages in my opinion.

I can totally understand why someone might not want to invest in abandoned tech -- but I've got some awesome guitar pedals in the garage that I've had since 1982 or 1983.

• edited February 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@echoopera said:
    It’s abandonware unfortunately. Not worth the price as it hasn’t been touched in 3years.

I think we should generally separate the question of how good something is from how recently it was updated. The question is does it do something well -- even if it is the same thing that it has done for ages in my opinion.

I can totally understand why someone might not want to invest in abandoned tech -- but I've got some awesome guitar pedals in the garage that I've had since 1982 or 1983.

I found it very unstable whenever i used it. Weird crashes and freezes so i opted out of using it. If you can use it in your workflow then that’s great.

It never was reliable for the way i like to plug and play with stuff inside of AUM. Maybe as stand alone it’s fine but i don’t use it that way.

Hope this makes sense.

And i agree with you. People say the same about Modstep being abandonware, but i use it a lot and love using it as a multi channel midi sequencer and it fits in nicely with my particular workflow even though the last update was 2 years ago.

We should all use what works for our music making old or new

Guess i could have said all of this earlier up in the thread, but making breakfast, feeding the kids and walking the dog requires more attention than an early morning reply allows 🤪👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:

@espiegel123 said:

@echoopera said:

I found it very unstable whenever i used it. Weird crashes and freezes so i opted out of using it. If you can use it in your workflow then that’s great.

It never was reliable for the way i like to plug and play with stuff inside of AUM. Maybe as stand alone it’s fine but i don’t use it that way.

Hope this makes sense.

And i agree with you. People say the same about Modstep being abandonware, but i use it a lot and love using it as a multi channel midi sequencer and it fits in nicely with my particular workflow even though the last update was 2 years ago.

Guess i could have said all of this earlier up in the thread, but making breakfast, feeding the kids and walking the dog requires more attention than an early morning reply allows 🤪👊🏼™️

Slacker.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@espiegel123 said:

@echoopera said:

Hope this makes sense.

Slacker.

• @echoopera said:

@espiegel123 said:

@echoopera said:

Hope this makes sense.

:)

I didn't mean to come off as giving you a hard time. Not working well is certainly a good reason not to get an app -- and particularly one that isn't likely to ever get an update.

• It's one of those run standalone on an older device kind of apps.

I still use it a lot. Nothing else really does looping like it.

• has there been any response from the dev about needing an update?