Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - February 2020

2»

Comments

• @DrRinkel said:
    It has been a while since I have been active on this forum. I have not stopped in the meantime and have started a new project; Tapir Music.

I made this song with Nanostudio 2, by far my favorite DAW. In addition to some sample work, I used the Poison-202 and ELECTRIBE Wave AUv3 plug-ins.

I'm curious what you think.

https://song.link/nl/i/1497651768

Welcome back!

Nice chilled piece, I like the interplay between the main theme and the pads and plucks behind it, I think in fact you could have taken this further with some more elaborate counter-melodies, the idea just seems to get going as the track ends :)

But beautiful atmosphere and good choice of sounds, and I rarely say this but this track could do with being longer.

• @uglyskratch thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you liked it. We sort of write together. Normally one of us will come up with the bare bones of a track and then my wife will come up with lyrics and the melody. I usually do the arranging and the production side. We don’t do live shows although I can’t keep the mrs off the karaoke when we are on holiday. On the vocal mix we will just have to agree to disagree. You are not the only one who has mentioned it but I’m not hearing anything wrong. Saying that I’m always happy to learn and to take on board any tips anyone wants to pass along. Thanks again for the listen.

• @orchardman said:
    @uglyskratch thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you liked it. We sort of write together. Normally one of us will come up with the bare bones of a track and then my wife will come up with lyrics and the melody. I usually do the arranging and the production side. We don’t do live shows although I can’t keep the mrs off the karaoke when we are on holiday. On the vocal mix we will just have to agree to disagree. You are not the only one who has mentioned it but I’m not hearing anything wrong. Saying that I’m always happy to learn and to take on board any tips anyone wants to pass along. Thanks again for the listen.

Sounds fun! Definitely you guys are a good songwriting team! All your stuff got quality in every aspects! songwriting, arranging, production, musically... So about the vocals, this is just a minor issue! And because I am still a quite green beginner who got very little experience in recording I can't even point out what it is or how you could make it better... Actually last week I tried to write a song with lyrics and recording guitar and my voice...Man this threw me soo much out of my comfort zone... So big respect to your productions!

• @orchardman Your song has a very dreamy and lovely sound to it. The layered pianos instantly stood out to me as really wonderful tonally and melodically. I’m always a fan of 6/8 timing so I really appreciate that about your track. The acoustic guitar blends in really well with the instruments and comes in quite nicely (the tone of the electric guitar is also great). My only suggestion would be to maybe have the bass be more in the pocket with the drums (which may be difficult if the Logic drummer was done in post).

• @DrRinkel Very beautiful strings. The guitar riff with its laidback feel and the ambient sounds in the background create a really nice lo-fi quality. Really well-produced.

• @Franketti I really like the electric piano/CP/Rhodes and the resonant synth bass in your track. You have a lot of fantastic playing that has a jazz-like feel to it and stands out with how you incorporated different rhythms and accidentals for the leads. I've been looking at the Montage and MODX for a while now (okay, mostly at the MODX because of my student budget) and have become interested in their more-than-capable FM-X sound engine and usb-outs. Good job.

• @FunkMachine, thank you for the comment. I had several DX 7 and Tg 77, now the Montage. Didn’t buy itbecause of FMX. Don‘ waste your time with fm- sounddesign and play and make some new songs for us instead.😀

• @richardyot what a beautiful sugar sweet!

@mrrain this bird is a real good beatbox :-) Maybe you helped him for the nice melody?

@uglyskratch a very catchy music with a lot of surprising breaks! Bravo!

@FunkMachine good dance music. The sound seems a bit far though?

@orchardman a beautiful song, the reflective mood seems good for you both and us!

Sorry not to have post anything this month, I'll be better next one.

• @Kitusai said:
    @richardyot what a beautiful sugar sweet!

@mrrain this bird is a real good beatbox :-) Maybe you helped him for the nice melody?

@uglyskratch a very catchy music with a lot of surprising breaks! Bravo!

@FunkMachine good dance music. The sound seems a bit far though?

@orchardman a beautiful song, the reflective mood seems good for you both and us!

Sorry not to have post anything this month, I'll be better next one.

Thanks for the listens and the feedback, much appreciated 👍