Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multiple iOS

edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

I use my iPad pro 12" live for a keyboard rig, but seem to have one or two too many apps causing the occasional blowout in AUM. I was thinking of putting a couple of apps such as Ravenscroft 275 on my phone instead, to relieve it. I currently have a CCK from my iPad into a focusrite soundcard. I connect my two keyboards via 5 pin midi to the focusrite. Is anyone using multiple iOS devices and how are you connecting up (this will go mono or stereo into in a PA system). Thanks team.

Comments

• I’ve never done much with it other than to test it to verify it works, but iConnect Audio devices let you merge all the audio from two devices to one output and you can share audio/midi connections to both devices. I try to keep it simple but would definitely add my phone if I was pushing my iPad too far.

Otherwise, you are going to probably get some midi splitters to both devices and send both devices to a mixer or send iPhone audio into your focusrite.

Or you can use a Mac and setup aggregate audio/midi devices.

• @DMan said:
    I’ve never done much with it other than to test it to verify it works, but iConnect Audio devices let you merge all the audio from two devices to one output and you can share audio/midi connections to both devices. I try to keep it simple but would definitely add my phone if I was pushing my iPad too far.

Otherwise, you are going to probably get some midi splitters to both devices and send both devices to a mixer or send iPhone audio into your focusrite.

Or you can use a Mac and setup aggregate audio/midi devices.

Thanks - if only the new iphones had an audio out!, then I would route that into the focusrite (or a lighting adapter for usb, power and audio!)

• edited February 2020

Edit: Didn’t notice the no headphone jack output on iPhone issue.

• iConnectAudio was made for this.

Or you could use two Audio+MIDI interfaces (one per device) and plug one keyboard into each.

• Thanks

@syrupcore said:
    iConnectAudio was made for this.

Or you could use two Audio+MIDI interfaces (one per device) and plug one keyboard into each.

• @rhaley said:
    Thanks

@syrupcore said:
    iConnectAudio was made for this.

The benefit of the iconnect interface it'll make the whole thing easier/cleaner. You can still route your two keyboards to the same device when needed. You won't need to add an external mixer. Etc, etc...