Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VirSyn microTERA for iPad out (AB and IAA)

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

Another Waveshaping synth!

$9.99 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microtera/id819266128?mt=8

Waveshaping Synthesis

• Wavehaper with user programmable shape
• Spectral shape specification
• Three sine oscillators
• Feedback input for noise components
• 4 Low frequency oscillators
• 4 Envelopes with tempo sync
• 64 time/level segments per envelope
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
• Over 150 factory sounds

• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order

Effects

• Chorus
• Phaser
• Distortion (Tape/Tube/...)
• Echo/Delay
• Reverb

Global

• Audiobus compatible (Input slot)
• Inter App Audio compatible.
• CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI
• Audio recorder with Metronome.
• Upload to SoundCloud and File Export.
• Audio pasteboard.

Comments

• Looks like Cube Synth.

• edited February 2014

@mgmg4871 said:

Looks like Cube Synth.

Yea, while a good looking and functional UI, this is the third or fourth app with the same "skin". A few more changes here and there wouldn't hurt. Anyway, it's all about how it sounds in the end tho

• ... and this is why we love making music on iOS. I didn't see this one coming and it's VirSyn so obviously it ticks all the right boxes and sounds great. Cool.

• I assume the release is what prompted the sale.

• @funjunkie27 said:

I assume the release is what prompted the sale.

Smart marketing on their part. I though that there had to be a strategy as the vox apps were not discounted

• Quick play with two new apps...

• @Trueyorky - Sounds like a drunken New Order bit. ;-)

• Yes, it's probably time I should go to bed!!

• And when is he going to fix the IAA issues with cube and Addictive in Cubasis?I start to lose my patience.

• Is not the same as Cube....every Virsyn have his particularity ....this is more Dirty because of the 3 sine oscillators for FM and have a very speedy Lfo....

funny for speriment new grind sounds :-)

• edited February 2014

@Sinapsya said:

Is not the same as Cube....every Virsyn have his particularity ....this is more Dirty because of the 3 sine oscillators for FM and have a very speedy Lfo....

funny for speriment new grind sounds :-)

Yea, I'm really liking this one. I've made some really nice and fat growly/wobbly bass sounds. Btw, the dice/randomizer from Cube is back in this, and it's very good. Basically always getting good sounding stuff (no random garbled noise), ready to save as new preset or use as a starting point for a new sound/preset.

One, very minor, thing is the distortion effect unit. I find it very harsh/cold/digital sounding. This synth would really benefit from something more warmer sounding here. But that is nitpicking, on a 10 dollar synth as good as this. And I guess you can always drive it through other effects via Audiobus or IAA. :)

Edit: Oh and the regular keyboard still only got 2 sizes, can't scroll it, gotta use that keyboard-bar above it. So just as bad as VirSyns other keyboard UIs. It got scales/blades on the other hand, and both keys and blades got assignable modulations, which is a huge plus.

• edited February 2014

@Crabman My IAA problem is Solved....I don't why but noe it works :-)

edit: I have not problem with microTERA and iSynPOLY..... but Cube and Addictive don't works :(

• Guess i'll buy this one then.I love the nasty FM sounds from Addictive,maybe this one is my cup of tea as well.I have not much love for Cube though (but i don't complain for just 10 bucks).

• edited February 2014

Just got my $10.

30 minutes later: really digging this synth. Excellent range of sonics that is well suited to my taste.

• edited March 2014

• @Simon said:

Quick question:

One of the really nice things about Addictive and MicroAddictive was you could use the recorder to record a little riff and the use copy/paste to export it to another app and your export would be a perfect loop - no trimming required.

Cube didn't have this feature - very annoying. Does microTERA?

The record function is the same as Cube (it starts when you press rec and stops when pressed again), so no looped recordings. But easily exports via general pasteboard to Audioshare or whatever for any needed trimming.

• edited March 2014