Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS groovebox feature requests

Hi all!
I've been playing with the excellent BLEASS groovebox this weekend.
I enjoyed it a lot (A LOT as @jakoB_haQ would say) and I think what makes it fun to use is the intuitive workflow and user friendly GUI.
I would like to use it to sequence external instruments i AUM.
The problem is 4 midi tracks is not enough for me.
I understand they want to keep the UI clean but it can still be clean with another page of 4 tracks.
Also it would be nice to have a button to trigger a column/row (depending on the view) of patterns so you don't have to tap 4 times.
@bleassapp can you give us some insight about future plans of your app?
Thanks.

Comments

• Thanks for your feedback @fattigman !

We will look into adding more tracks, but we have not yet because we always prioritize CPU efficiency over features. Also, what's interesting with the BLEASS groovebox creation process is that it kinds of drives you towards going to the essential of a good track : good rythm, good bass, chords, and a lead.

note that you can choose to sequence from the groovebox to AUM at least four instruments (i.e. replace the Drum Machine track by mono synth or chords instead), but virtually way more if you assign more instruments on the same midi channel into AUM.

A few updates on the groovebox are coming this year, stay tuned!

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!
    I've been playing with the excellent BLEASS groovebox this weekend.
    I enjoyed it a lot (A LOT as @jakoB_haQ would say) and I think what makes it fun to use is the intuitive workflow and user friendly GUI.
    I would like to use it to sequence external instruments i AUM.
    The problem is 4 midi tracks is not enough for me.
    I understand they want to keep the UI clean but it can still be clean with another page of 4 tracks.
    Also it would be nice to have a button to trigger a column/row (depending on the view) of patterns so you don't have to tap 4 times.
    @bleassapp can you give us some insight about future plans of your app?
    Thanks.

Can't you just load more instances in AUM?

• Nope, but you can load each seperate track as an interapp audio source:

• @bleassapp thank you for your answer. I'm glad you're considering adding more tracks :)

• @bleassapp since you can load any sample to a drum kit it would be very useful to have different trigger options like ”hold” for longer samples where the sample will play as long as the pad is held down. Reverse sample would be cool too.

• I would like to see automation come to this app- it made a huge difference to its namesake.

• @robosardine said:
    I would like to see automation come to this app- it made a huge difference to its namesake.

Automation!

• Does @bleassapp Groovebox have other time signatures than 4/4?

• edited April 2020

You can have 12 notes instead of 16. I never deviate from 4/4 but I’m guessing this will make it 3/4?
    You can download it free to have a look.

• Hi! you can have both binary and ternary time signatures since version 1.5.0:
    (listen to the drums and synths that are in ternary time signature in this example)

get ready, version 1.7.0 update is getting ready!

• @bleassapp said:
    Hi! you can have both binary and ternary time signatures since version 1.5.0:
    (listen to the drums and synths that are in ternary time signature in this example)

get ready, version 1.7.0 update is getting ready!

I had passed on this one- but I am fast coming round to it. I had originally thought that the note input was by the edit window only- not realising that there was a keyboard and pads for note input. That combined with it not having automation.
    I really like the sounds though. There seems to be a texture and quality to them that others in this genre just don’t have- because of this and the fact that there is several input methods along with the ‘live’ element and also the separate channels out- I am shortly about to invest in the pro.
    I am curious as to what the update will contain. I’m assuming since you are mentioning it coming that there is to be some new features as opposed to a quick tidy up.
    Any hints?
    Is it a major update?
    Is there an expected date?

• I went for the other one in the last sale rather than this but there’sa lot to like, especially the chord instrument, will definitely be watching what the update is like...

• Hi!
    The new update is out! Sample Pitch is now available in the Drum Machine with just a touch : new sonic possibilities!

Download it now for free : http://bit.ly/BLEASSgroovebox

• I really like groovebox, I bought in the first days, but I still see a lot of unexpressed potentiality in it. From user drum kits to a view that shows more than one section of any sequencer. I also hope in future to see an AUv3 version since it could be a good, straightforward midi sequencer floating somewhere in AUM.

@bleassapp said:
    Hi!
    The new update is out! Sample Pitch is now available in the Drum Machine with just a touch : new sonic possibilities!

• For god's sake, how I hate that voice!!

• edited April 2020

@bleassapp said:
    Hi!

@bleassapp "... but do this at home" haha yeah stay safe at home

• edited April 2020

I couldn't find if it possible to change the velocity of each note of the mono synth and chord. Hope it is, I like the raw sound of this. It has character :smile:

• You can not change the velocity of the notes within the synths instruments, BUT you can switch between 9 different instruments withing the mono synth and 4 different within the chords instrument : therefore you can assign different instruments with different velocity / volume

• Right, thank you, @bleassapp. :smile: I've been thinking that this may be the way to go for now. Cheers!