Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How Does Midi-Out in BeatHawk work?

Wanted to test out sequencing using BeatHawk auv3 in AUM to sequence some synths, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work when playing live on the BH keyboard. The only way I can get sound to work is if I create an actual sequence in BH Step Sequencer and play it...or if I hold/set the REPEAT key in BH and press the keys/pad.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-echo opera

Comments

• Unfortunately Midi Out only works during playback so using the pads/keys to play external apps/devices is a no-go :(

There was a thread here long time about this and it’s ‘by design’ so I have my doubts this will ever get fixed...

• @Samu said:
    Unfortunately Midi Out only works during playback so using the pads/keys to play external apps/devices is a no-go :(

There was a thread here long time about this and it’s ‘by design’ so I have my doubts this will ever get fixed...

Thanks. Yeah, looking at this one:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34604/qt-beathawk-au-midi-out

• I routed beathawk as a midi instance in AUM and ran it through midi spy.

I was able to trigger a few notes (all the same) unpredictability and sporadically all showing up on channel 13. Basically unusable for any of the settings I tried for anything other than the pattern editor.

• Here is a workaround.

Use StreamByter to switch incoming midi channel to desired output channel.

Manually switch off external midi in/thru after recording. ;-)

• @topaz said:
    Here is a workaround.

Another workaround is to wait for Drambo

• I know nothing of Drambo but does it have a 16 part piano roll sequences that records and edit midi cc’s velocity ? And has a song mode ?

@ExAsperis99 said:

@topaz said:
    Here is a workaround.

Another workaround is to wait for Drambo

• edited January 2020

@echoopera said:
    Wanted to test out sequencing using BeatHawk auv3 in AUM to sequence some synths, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work when playing live on the BH keyboard. The only way I can get sound to work is if I create an actual sequence in BH Step Sequencer and play it...or if I hold/set the REPEAT key in BH and press the keys/pad.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    -echo opera

I would say this is a bug in BeatHawk.
    Both the standalone and the AUv3 plugin have a "MIDI Through" switch and when playing in AUM, some notes of a synth routed behind BH's output does trigger some note-ons but not all and it does not send note-offs either.

UVI seem to have difficulties with MIDI, they already had removed MIDI sync from BH in the past because they couldn't make it work right :/

• Just try ZenBeats, it has Midi-Out ;)

• @Korakios said:
    Just try ZenBeats, it has Midi-Out ;)

Can the latest ZenBeats version be loaded as an AUv3?

• @rs2000 said:

@Korakios said:

Certainly not.

• @Carnbot said:

PERFECTION

• @Korakios said:

@rs2000 said:

@Korakios said:

Certainly not.

echo is looking for an AU midi recorder.

• Yep. Want to keep my piano roll active in the AUM session. I can use ATOM but it’s a little more fiddly than i like.

• edited January 2020

Just set your own midi thru/routing with streambyter.