Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mela Synth & FX by Nikolozi Pty Ltd updated with FX AUv3

Comments

• Pretty sweet!

• Wow...I always dug the minimal QUALITY products he has.

If I didn't have the Digitone I would have got the FM one as well.

• Great update! Thank you to the developer! 😎

• Thank you. I also dig the minimalist aspect of your apps. I own the whole collection and use them quite a bit.

• How cool is that. You pay once and you have both an excellent synth and an amazing effect (much more evolved than many effect I have bought so far). I hope other devs will follow the trend

• Really excellent gift.

• Mela 1.2 update is out:

Audio Unit extensions (Synth & FX):

Delay effect's time and feedback can now be set independently for the left and the right channels
    Delay effect's time parameters are now tempo sync-able
    New Filter Morph parameter makes it possible to morph between LP, BP and HP filter types
    The Morph parameters can be modulated
    Swipe left/right the Preset Selector to quickly jump to previous/next preset
    Swipe left/right List Box controls to quickly jump to previous/next list item
    Numeric Knob now responds to horizontal pan instead of vertical
    Numeric Knob now brings up Number Pad on a single tap instead of double
    Added new factory presets and tweaked existing ones
    Fixed Number Pad not displaying the title of the tapped Numeric Knob
    Fixed a bug where hosts didn't restore the UI state of AUs correctly
    The standalone Synth app:

Updated User Guide
    Added ability to set tempo in the app. Tempo is used by LFOs and the Delay effect
    Changed the "Settings" button title to a gear icon
    Added a sustain button (hand symbol)
    Added a keyboard scroll lock button above the musical keyboard and removed it from the settings menu
    Fixed a crash that was caused by scrolling musical keyboard all the way to the right edge
    Fixed a bug where standalone app would stop outputing sound when the user connected or disconnected an audio interface

What's New in 1.2 Demo Video

• Great news. I wonder if this app has the success it deserved. Not a lot of comments here.

• I plan to buy them all one day soon :)

• I have not bought it because I already have too many analog synths. I own his other synths and I like those a lot.

• i haven’t picked it up as it just seems kind a behind the times a bit from my observation...i could be way off and i’m not saying this to be rude, but i havent got the “ i need this app” fever from what i’ve seen/heard so far but i’m not against having my mind changed

• edited February 2020

I think alot of the fever for a new app comes from the users (after rereading this, that is pretty obvious, isn't it?). Some apps get "fever pitch" and some don't. I'd love to hear some samples of this in action. I too have too many synths, but am finding that if I want to get into my own preset creation the interface needs to be logical and not too busy. This one seems to be that way. Buyers?

• edited February 2020

@reasOne @kinkujin

This app IMHO has one of the best UI’s. Knobs drag nicely. Tap on a parameter to see its value. Double tap to enter values numerically. Very straightforward and intuitive. I have gotten awesome sounds out of it and the ability to use it as an AUfx is just icing on the cake with another update coming soon.

Nice job @Nikolozi 😎

• @reasOne said:
    i haven’t picked it up as it just seems kind a behind the times a bit from my observation...i could be way off and i’m not saying this to be rude, but i havent got the “ i need this app” fever from what i’ve seen/heard so far but i’m not against having my mind changed

@kinkujin said:
    I think alot of the fever for a new app comes from the users. Some apps get "fever pitch" and some don't. I'd love to hear some samples of this in action. I too have too many synths, but am finding that if I want to get into my own preset creation the interface needs to be logical and not too busy. This one seems to be that way. Buyers?

I’m interested and can’t understand why I haven’t bought any of these yet. Maybe there wasn’t the same ‘buzz’ as we get here for some and however free thinking I like to believe myself to be, it’s often hard not to be influenced to purchase by others when I need little push to do so.

I’m wondering if the actual visual aspects of these synths just kind of put me off and along with the lack of fanfair, they went to the back of the line - as I will no doubt buy them all eventually.

• Its very interesting the visual aspect, isn't it? For example, I love Nave. I love the way it sounds and love it's look, I get a bit of a smile when I open it up. However, I just don't take to it from a sound design standpoint. Perhaps this is my nature, a bit impatient perhaps. But, something that looks good and is also easy to dig into and doesn't overwhelm my senses, even to the good, is something that I can use much easier.

Guess, that's the difference between using an app like a rompler or preset machine, and actually editing and creating a sound for me.

• @kinkujin said:
    Its very interesting the visual aspect, isn't it? For example, I love Nave. I love the way it sounds and love it's look, I get a bit of a smile when I open it up. However, I just don't take to it from a sound design standpoint. Perhaps this is my nature, a bit impatient perhaps. But, something that looks good and is also easy to dig into and doesn't overwhelm my senses, even to the good, is something that I can use much easier.

Guess, that's the difference between using an app like a rompler or preset machine, and actually editing and creating a sound for me.

Agree so much. I can’t even sum up into a paragraph the differences between what attracts me to an app and the actual proficiency of use I attain from it. Some apps lure me in and I fiddle with them for hours and make very little in the way of usable sounds (IceWorks synths) Others make me wish I had total indifference towards them, yet I have sounds gushing from them! (Model D). Some synths make me smile, some synths make me laugh, some synths make me question the sanity of the developer or even if they have any decent taste what-so-ever.

But, Nintendo sure got me sussed when they said: ‘you gotta catch em all’

• This is a track that I have already published in this forum but there is a part that is using Mela as an Fx and I really like what it is doing

Starting at 1:40, the "rollercoaster"-like sound

• edited February 2020

Lovely track. Thanks for that @cuscolima !

• @cuscolima said:
    This is a track that I have already published in this forum but there is a part that is using Mela as an Fx and I really like what it is doing

Starting at 1:40, the "rollercoaster"-like sound

That was interesting. There was a sound at around 3.20 that made me want to pee though :)
    I will listen to some more of your music :)

• @kinkujin @Fruitbat1919 thanks guys for listening and your kind comments. I strongly encourage you to think about buying Mela. I think it is very clever to be able to use it as a Fx or a Synth. If I remember well, Nikolozi was one of the first if not the first to publish a synth AU. It demonstrates a lot about what this guy can do !

• @cuscolima said:
    @kinkujin @Fruitbat1919 thanks guys for listening and your kind comments. I strongly encourage you to think about buying Mela. I think it is very clever to be able to use it as a Fx or a Synth. If I remember well, Nikolozi was one of the first if not the first to publish a synth AU. It demonstrates a lot about what this guy can do !

Bought it. Surprised how much I like the interface. Like the sound so far too. Not keen on the colour scheme, I honestly have trouble focusing on it easily - can you change its colour?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@cuscolima said:
    @kinkujin @Fruitbat1919 thanks guys for listening and your kind comments. I strongly encourage you to think about buying Mela. I think it is very clever to be able to use it as a Fx or a Synth. If I remember well, Nikolozi was one of the first if not the first to publish a synth AU. It demonstrates a lot about what this guy can do !

Bought it. Surprised how much I like the interface. Like the sound so far too. Not keen on the colour scheme, I honestly have trouble focusing on it easily - can you change its colour?

You’re a bad influence. I bought it too. Too soon to evaluate but I do love the color scheme. :p

• His stuff sounds good. I have never been disappointed. Hits my sweet spot.

• Anyone know if there is any way to export or import sounds in this synth?

• edited April 2020

Version 1.5 is out:

• Mela Synth can now display virtual musical keyboard inside hosts. For example, in GarageBand it can be expanded to full screen.
    • Musical keyboard will dynamically resize to the available screen real estate
    • Mela Synth audio unit also has MIDI output, meaning its virtual musical keyboard can be used to trigger other synths on other channels in supported hosts (e.g. AUM)
    • Added support for sticky keys to musical keyboard. If the sustain mode (button with a hand symbol) is engaged then keys can be toggled on or off
    • Updated velocity value slider control
    • User guide is now accessible from both Mela and Mela FX audio units. Simply tap on the question mark button
    • Added link to the release notes webpage in settings menu
    • Exposed Filter 1 Frequency parameter in AUM's interface, for both Mela and Mela FX audio units
    • Added new default synth AU size in AUMs
    • Added new presets to Mela Synth and Mela FX
    • Stability improvements
    • Updated user guide

• edited April 2020

45 free Presets by sound Of Izrael

To install:

1. Download the zip file.
    2. Open files app and unzip the file.
    3. Open the unzipped Mela folder.
    4. Open Mela.
    5. Open files app in slide over mode.
    6. Select all the files.
    7. Drag and drop the presets into Mela.

• Thanks SOI for the great presets for one of my favorite synth and thanks @White for the import procedure. Much easier when you know how to do it !