Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The app formerly known as Rooms!

Comments

• Terrible name, forgot and misspelled it during a swipe to an already open app store, but also I am not very bright :o
    Does this come with some nice speaker and cab pics or is it just funky names and settings looking stuff?

• @polaron_de said:

@McD said:
    Thanks! I thought that was called the "Sharing" menu.

This is the UIBarButtonSystemItemAction which, indeed, is often used for offering sharing functions.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33452057/use-of-uibarbuttonsystemitemaction

@polaron_de does the iPhone version have this option? I have been trying in AUM and other hosts and can’t find it at all. Hoping to find a way to restore my purchases

• @annahahn said:

@polaron_de said:

@McD said:

This is the UIBarButtonSystemItemAction which, indeed, is often used for offering sharing functions.

@polaron_de does the iPhone version have this option? I have been trying in AUM and other hosts and can’t find it at all. Hoping to find a way to restore my purchases

Yep, the iPhone version does have it.
    I've installed it on my iPhone, which I needed to do
    and double checked the standalone and Auv3.

Open the standalone first, restore purchases then load in AUM as Auv3.

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    Terrible name, forgot and misspelled it during a swipe to an already open app store, but also I am not very bright :o
    Does this come with some nice speaker and cab pics or is it just funky names and settings looking stuff?

It comes with some IRs--public domain stuff. I don't think it comes with any speaker cabinets, but there are some good free and inexpensive ones to be found on the internet.

There are links to some IRs here:

https://wiki.audiob.us/covolution_reverb_and_irs

And there are some collections of cabinet IRs, you can find with a web search.

Ownhammer is a supplier of some great IRs

• @annahahn said:

@polaron_de said:

@McD said:

As Gravitas has noted, the in-app purchase functions are in the app, not in the audio unit view. App extensions are very limited in what they are allowed to do. As far as I know, an app extension cannot communicate with the App Store.

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    Terrible name, forgot and misspelled it during a swipe to an already open app store, but also I am not very bright :o

No pics, just the real deal and that's what I love in this app.

• Does this app work better than Fiddlicator?

• @Briandandrig said:
    Does this app work better than Fiddlicator?

It has the advantage of being an AU. It can also do true stereo (if you have true stereo IR pairs) and handle very long reverb tails. It is also actively maintained.

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    Terrible name, forgot and misspelled it during a swipe to an already open App Store

yes, as a name it is not easy to remember; it's not as simple as your nickname, is it? 😄

• @Faland said:

@NemanzgbKaj said:
    Terrible name, forgot and misspelled it during a swipe to an already open App Store

yes, as a name it is not easy to remember; it's not as simple as your nickname, is it? 😄

Haha good point, my nick is actualy short for my first name, last name, hometown + the word “what” in croatian.
    It is my opinion he should have used IR in the name like most IR products, maybe sth like IRresistable, IRosion, zahl mIR Geld, revIRb or the first three letters of Impulse like maybe IMPregnate; IMPower, IMProom, pIMP room, pIMPverb... and some fat speaker pics at least for the app icon... easy sell,
    Krfgank - hard sell

• :# @polaron_de

Thinking of Thafknar as a an acronym for
    THAt F*cKin NAme Reverb,
    I actually don't find it that difficult to remember anymore.

• Ha! Your trouble finding a good alternative interpretation only proves the quality of the name.

• @rs2000 said:
    :# @polaron_de

Thinking of Thafknar as a an acronym for
    THAt F*cKin NAme Reverb,
    I actually don't find it that difficult to remember anymore.

Now that's original.... Lolololol 😂

• @polaron_de said:
    Ha! Your trouble finding a good alternative interpretation only proves the quality of the name.

You didnt gooogle the good ones :p
    rs2000 made the name memorable for me, Im ok with it now, but enough about that, tell me about the app and the IAPs, wieviel Geld muß Ich zahlen alles zum haben? Arbeitet es gut mit mein kostenlos Garageband?
    Btw. IRedigkeit :) google doesnt know it, sounds kinda like a real word, has that DE touch + IR

• edited February 2020

If you are interested mainly in the convolution reverb, you can use it for free with Audiobus and IAA (including Garageband).

If you would like to use the AUv3 convolution, that is $2.99.

There are two other IAPs which are not related to AUv3, explained in polaron.de/Thafknar/manual/Presets/index.html (section "User Presets grid view") and polaron.de/Thafknar/manual/MIDI/index.html.

"IRedigkeit": Nope, I don't like this one.

• @polaron_de said:
    If you are interested mainly in the convolution reverb, you can use it for free with Audiobus and IAA (including Garageband).

There are two other IAPs which are not related to AUv3, explained in polaron.de/Thafknar/manual/Presets/index.html (section "User Presets grid view") and polaron.de/Thafknar/manual/MIDI/index.html.

Thank you, bought it, love it, still don’t know how to say it ;)

• @NemanzgbKaj said:

@polaron_de said:

THAF-knar

Used by Thor to defeat the forces of evil

• @espiegel123 said:

@NemanzgbKaj said:

@polaron_de said:

THAF-knar

Used by Thor to defeat the forces of evil

+1000

• Hi @polaron_de !
    First of all: Thank you so much for this brilliant app! It is, by far, still the best sounding convolution reverb Ion Ios :)
    I have a question regarding the "quad"-option: Is this meant für quad-channel recordings of IR's, or is it made for quadraphonic output?

• It is for a pair of stereo IRs, not for quad output.

Details here: polaron.de/Thafknar/AboutImpulseResponsesAndConvolution.html

• Perfect, thanks for your help.
    How should i render / save these files? Would it be a 4-channel audio file with L1R1L2R2, or is it another format?

• Thafknar wants two appropriately named stereo files, like "example L.wav" and "example R.wav".

• edited October 2020

Sorry for asking so many things, but this means that I have to sum up the two L channels in a single stereo file and the R channels also?

I am asking because I've made an IR recording with an IRT Cross with 4 channels of a church, so there is 4 channels i can work with

• The "L" and "R" here mean that the left input channel is convolved with (both IRs of) "example L.wav", and the right input channel is convolved with (both IRs of) "example R.wav".

Don't ask me how to create these IRs. I assume that two stereo microphones are used, where one is considered left (giving "example L.wav") and the other is considered right (giving "example R.wav").

• @polaron_de said:
    The "L" and "R" here mean that the left input channel is convolved with (both IRs of) "example L.wav", and the right input channel is convolved with (both IRs of) "example R.wav".

Don't ask me how to create these IRs. I assume that two stereo microphones are used, where one is considered left (giving "example L.wav") and the other is considered right (giving "example R.wav").

So, rewording what you said, I guess the L.wav contains left and right stereo IRs from the left source, and R.wav is the same for the right source. Not sure if your 4 channels fit this description, @vrtx_void.

• @vrtx_void said:
    Perfect, thanks for your help.
    How should i render / save these files? Would it be a 4-channel audio file with L1R1L2R2, or is it another format?

Adding additional clarification. For quad (“true stereo”) IRs i. THAFKNAR, you use two IR files which in the terminology you used above would be an L1R1 IR and an L2R2 IR.

• I have noted down the topology of the microphone arrangement within the space, so i will be able to define the "left-stereo-LR" and the "right-stereo-LR" channels. I will mix them down and test the file later.

If this technique really works than THAFKAR might be the most brilliant convolution reverb in IOS so far :)

• @vrtx_void said:
    I have noted down the topology of the microphone arrangement within the space, so i will be able to define the "left-stereo-LR" and the "right-stereo-LR" channels. I will mix them down and test the file later.

If this technique really works than THAFKAR might be the most brilliant convolution reverb in IOS so far :)

It is the only iOS convolution app that handles true stereo IRs. I have recreated some of my favorite true stereo (four-channel) IRs from my desktop library for use with THAFKNAR. Be forewarned, long true stereo IRS are processor intensive and benefit from using large buffers.

• @espiegel123 said:

@vrtx_void said:
    I have noted down the topology of the microphone arrangement within the space, so i will be able to define the "left-stereo-LR" and the "right-stereo-LR" channels. I will mix them down and test the file later.

It is the only iOS convolution app that handles true stereo IRs. I have recreated some of my favorite true stereo (four-channel) IRs from my desktop library for use with THAFKNAR. Be forewarned, long true stereo IRS are processor intensive and benefit from using large buffers.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind, really lucky that I've got the latest Ipad Pro, but it already shows it limits here and there