Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The app formerly known as Rooms!

Rooms! has undergone a name change because the old name was unfavourable in regard of web searches. The new name "Thafknar" is unique (unless people decide that is would be a nice name for their newborn).

However, I was now made aware of the fact that this change makes it necessary for users to reinstall the IAPs. These are the same IAPs as before, and the reinstallation should be free. I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Markus

«1

Comments

  • I like the name, any background there?

    What happens to projects that have been saved with the old name of the app?

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:
    I like the name, any background there?

    It is just an acronym for ...see title...

    What happens to projects that have been saved with the old name of the app?

    That is an interesting question. They should not refer to the app name but to the app bundle id. This did not change (and cannot change).

  • edited January 30

    By the way, I also adapted the name of the iCloud drive container of the app, but the Files app on my devices still shows the old name. Maybe this needs some time to synchronise.

  • edited January 30

    -deleted duplicate-

  • @polaron_de

    I like the name change.

    Prince fan by any chance???

  • @polaron_de said:
    Rooms! has undergone a name change because the old name was unfavourable in regard of web searches. The new name "Thafknar" is unique (unless people decide that is would be a nice name for their newborn).

    I wonder how many will now have difficulty remembering the name correctly 😅
    Wouldn't "Rooms-IR" or something like that have done the job too?
    When I search for that, the first match is Thafknar 😬

  • @polaron_de said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:
    I like the name, any background there?

    It is just an acronym for ...see title...

    Ah. Me no think gud. Carry on.

  • Honestly, I wouldn’t remember that name to use in a Google search.

    Good luck though.

  • Hi @polaron_de
    You have probably considered the choice of the name well, I am only sorry that you missed the opportunity to call it "Drambo", and startled a lot of people.

  • @Faland said:
    Hi @polaron_de
    You have probably considered the choice of the name well, I am only sorry that you missed the opportunity to call it "Drambo", and startled a lot of people.

    +1000

    Lololololol 😂

    Sheer brilliance.

  • @Faland said:
    Hi @polaron_de
    You have probably considered the choice of the name well, I am only sorry that you missed the opportunity to call it "Drambo", and startled a lot of people.

    This era of names now bring us into a new stage of iOS naming. Drambo makes me think “Dramamine Rambo” and Thafknar sounds like the precursor to Ragnarok.

  • @Gravitas said:
    Prince fan by any chance???

    He reverted to the old name after a few years. I will rather switch to another new name.

    @rs2000 said:
    I wonder how many will now have difficulty remembering the name correctly 😅
    Wouldn't "Rooms-IR" or something like that have done the job too?

    Nah, that gives about 50.000 other matches.

    When I search for that, the first match is Thafknar 😬

    Not for me. Maybe if you combine it with certain other words? And if so, that's fine.

    But searching for "Thafknar" works. At least for the time being.

    @SpookyZoo said:
    Honestly, I wouldn’t remember that name to use in a Google search.

    You don't need to. The use case is: The name is mentioned on some web page. You would like to know more about it. Select the name, right mouse button, web search. 2.000.000.000 useless results for "Rooms", immediate success for "Thafknar".

  • I find it interesting that “Thafknar” is probably the name of a weird piece of furniture for various Rooms at IKEA.

  • It’s a great app whatever you call it!

  • The ability to load true stereo IR pairs into a single instance is a really nice addition for those that have such beasts!

    Thanks. Markus!

  • great app !

  • I have really enjoyed watching the development of this reverb over the years. Another great update. Good luck with the new name. 👍

  • Thank you very much.

  • @polaron_de said:

    @SpookyZoo said:
    Honestly, I wouldn’t remember that name to use in a Google search.

    You don't need to. The use case is: The name is mentioned on some web page. You would like to know more about it. Select the name, right mouse button, web search. 2.000.000.000 useless results for "Rooms", immediate success for "Thafknar".

    Yeah, that makes sense. Although I would see the name and just assume it was a spelling error.

    I would've thought a catchier name would help, but you have obviously considered and thought about this much longer than the few hours since I saw the post. :)

    Cool app though, not knocking that.

    Good luck with the new name.

  • I do not get an "Action Menu" in settings. And that's where the "In App Purchases" are hidden.

    How can I get my "In App Purchases" when I use this app in AUM? I paid for it and have yet to find out where it's enabled.

  • @McD said:
    I do not get an "Action Menu" in settings. And that's where the "In App Purchases" are hidden.

    How can I get my "In App Purchases" when I use this app in AUM? I paid for it and have yet to find out where it's enabled.

  • Lately this app has become my favorite iOS convolution reverber.

    Good job @polaron_de 🤘

  • Thafknar is rankfaht backwards...

  • ^ forum post of the day, right there. :D

  • McDMcD
    edited January 30

    @anickt said:

    @McD said:
    I do not get an "Action Menu" in settings. And that's where the "In App Purchases" are hidden.

    Thanks! I thought that was called the "Sharing" menu. I think of it for uploading from an app
    so I never thought to check for it.

    Doh!

    Hey. Homer Simpson is a sex cymbal and never gets this joke.
    He certainly would never write it.

  • @McD said:

    @anickt said:

    @McD said:
    I do not get an "Action Menu" in settings. And that's where the "In App Purchases" are hidden.

    Thanks! I thought that was called the "Sharing" menu. I think of it for uploading from an app
    so I never thought to check for it. Doh! (Hey. Homer is a sez cymbal and never gets that joke).

    I can’t say I found it on the first try! 😆

  • @anickt said:
    I can’t say I found it on the first try! 😆

    Once I new what "Action Menu" means I did make significant progress.
    Then I face the "Buy" hoping the IAP would recognize I already bought hit purchase.
    It did and I was grateful.

    Then I notice the "re-load" all IAPs down below and confirmed that the AUv3 IAP was the
    only one I bought already.

    So, I stopped there and have a useful AUv3 convolution IR app but while I was
    frustrated I bought IMPULSation too. I have since decided to use everything I own before
    buying anything new. That should take a few weeks but help me make more informed and
    better purchases.

  • edited January 31

    @McD said:
    Thanks! I thought that was called the "Sharing" menu.

    This is the UIBarButtonSystemItemAction which, indeed, is often used for offering sharing functions.

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33452057/use-of-uibarbuttonsystemitemaction

  • McDMcD
    edited January 31

    @polaron_de said:

    @McD said:
    Thanks! I thought that was called the "Sharing" menu.

    This is the [UIBarButtonSystemItemAction]

    Apple docs show the Action button as an arrow with Peyronie's disease.

    https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/33/dlyecczmbw2s.png

    That erect arrow in the Sharing thingie. Ewe... TMI.

Sign In or Register to comment.