Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SK-51 by Fingerlab is now available as an audio unit

https://apps.apple.com/app//id1388248180

Description:

SK-51 is an all-in-one keyboard inspired by the Casio SK-1 (and his brother the SK-5), a 8-bit lo-fi keyboard from the 80’s, with sampling features and onboard drum machine.
Called the poor man's sampler at the time, this keyboard was a real instrument and has been used by many major artists such as Fatboy Slim, Portishead, Autechre and Nine Inch Nails.

As some of us at Fingerlab compose their first songs with it when they were kids in the eighties, we wanted to bring back to you this particular feeling from the past, so we created the SK-51.

We recorded all the instruments and drums notes, one by one with a professional audio quality (16bit/44KHz), we recreated the sampling features, and we transcribed all the demo drums patterns.
We also added the sounds from the Casio VL-Tone, a keyboard older than the SK-1 but nevertheless famous.

With its nice and true to life interface, many instruments (Trumpet, Flute, Piano, Vibraphone, …), 4 sampling slot and many drums patterns and sounds, the SK-51 is versatile and fun music tools.
Record your voice, start the drum box, play a chord and you got it!

Free version features:

• 3 instruments (Flute I, Piano I, Trumpet)
  • 7 drums kit
  • 4 sampling slot
  • 3 demo drums patterns
  • Full Mixer
  • Midi support
  • AudioBus & Inter-App Audio support
  • Ableton Live support

IAP Full version features:

• 19 instruments (including Brass Ensemble, Vibraphone, Chorus and many more…)
  • 7 drums kit
  • 21 demo drums patterns
  • 3 FX: Phaser, Delay & Reverb
  • Live Recording

Soon coming: more instruments, more Fx and new features!

We hope you’ll enjoy it!

Stay tuned!
Fingerlab Team

Comments

• Version 3.0 is out:

-4 new drumkits (Mattel Synsonic, Yamaha PSS-100, Yamaha CSS-100 and Realistic Concertmate)
    -SK-5 original sounds (Lion, Laser Gun, Hi Bongo & Low Bongo) are now played with the Samples pads
    -2 new Fx: TubeAmp and Compressor

• edited September 2020

I bough this, as well as the IAP.

But keep in mind you can also find samples for all these retro hardware babies with google.

I also got these in a bundle I bought a while back: SK1 From Mars

• if they could find a way to recreate the circuit bends on the SK series keyboards... i would easily pay 30+ $

• I had a Mattel Synsonic once...