Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fishman TriplePlay Connect guitar app

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tripleplay-connect/id1441347811

This is the companion app for the new USB-connected guitar pickup from Fishman.

The screenshots (and rating) seem reminiscent of SampleTank...

Has anyone tried this? Does it work with non-Fishman MIDI sources?

What interapp support is available? AudioBus? Can it load AUv3 effects?

Comments

• I had it for one week now, not too much time to test all the possibilities , but your questions are good. So far I can confirm that the iPad version of the Tripleplay Connect it does not work with non-Fishman Midi ( or......if it does , I did not find an easy way to do it ). I tried both, direct connection and connectig via AUM , in both cases......no joy.
    It works as an Interapp Audio with AUM , it does not have an Audio Unit Extension.
    Haven't tried it with Audiobus yet.
    It does not load AU effects on the iPad version. If you want to use effects , you have to load it into AUM and then apply the effect.
    If anybody else has further info ( or mine is wrong in any way) please advise. ( Fishman's manuals are a disaster ........I would fire the whole marketing department -that is if they have one-)

• The Mac OSX app which also works with the Tripleplay Connect, can be used on its own or as a plugin in your DAW or Host.
    When used as a standalone it reads all your plugins but you cannot chain them on the app, however you can open Native Instruments Komplete within the Tripleplay app and you basically have access to all your plugins one way or another. In general terms I find that the desktop app is more versatile than the iPad one, even though it lacks some bells and whistles .
    The Fishman Connect when used as a plugin inside a DAW or Host , takes MIDI info from other MIDI controllers ( actually I was able to feed two MIDI signals at the same time, one from Jamorigins MidiGuitar 2 and the other one from the TriplePlay MIDI pick up ( incidentally , the tracking is almost simultaneous.......meaning that the MidiGuitar2 is a hell of a good product, major difference is that it is not Hexaphonic and you miss on a few of the advantages of a Hexaphonic pick up ).