Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Love BM3, hate its arrangement view. Alternatives, just for the edit/mix?

I’ve been heavily into BM3 for a while now, and it’s amazing for building ideas. But I really don’t get on with the arrangement view/tools. I prefer GarageBand. The problem is getting all those clips and recordings from BM3 into GarageBand.

What are you folks using instead of the BM3 arranger, if anything? And how are you getting things out of BM3 to use them?

Comments

• @mistercharlie

I'm using Auria Pro for detailed arranging and mixing.

I don't know how to import stems into
    GarageBand so that will be good to know.

I use the export function in BM3 and render
    either as a complete mix or individual stems.

Once the exports are there I access them via
    the Files App and place them into whichever app
    it needs to go into which is an import folder
    in Auria Pro or I use the share button.
    It also depends upon the export as
    I use AudioShare for the loops I create.

Makes for better organising.

• edited January 2020

@Gravitas said:
    @mistercharlie

I'm using Auria Pro for detailed arranging and mixing.

I don't know how to import stems into
    GarageBand so that will be good to know.

In GB, tap the Loop icon - it has tabs for loops, files and music. Go to Files tab and drag the audio stems into the arranger. Files tab has imported files and also allows to browse and select Files from iPad, cloud, etc.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I’ve been heavily into BM3 for a while now, and it’s amazing for building ideas. But I really don’t get on with the arrangement view/tools. I prefer GarageBand. The problem is getting all those clips and recordings from BM3 into GarageBand.

What are you folks using instead of the BM3 arranger, if anything? And how are you getting things out of BM3 to use them?

You can import audio stems into GB.
    Also, GB allows to import MIDI files (no export)

• I’ve tried dragging and dropping direct from the Files app into the GarageBand timeline, and it sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t.

Copy/paste also works.

@Gravitas said:

I use the export function in BM3 and render
    either as a complete mix or individual stems.

I’d prefer to put the individual loops into GB, but then they don’t have Beatmaker’s FX. This is the kind of thing that still seems a lot easier on the desktop. Just drag and drop, copy/paste.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I’ve tried dragging and dropping direct from the Files app into the GarageBand timeline, and it sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t.

Copy/paste also works.

Audio files can be imported or dragged from Loops window - tap Loops icon on the top and go to Files tab in the popular

• edited January 2020

I finally decided to just put everything together in Logic. The worst part was (and still is -- I haven't finished yet) renaming all the samples in BM3, and saving them properly.

I'd been under the mistaken impression that renaming a pad, pattern, or sample would also rename the version on disk, but that's not necessarily the case. In my next project, I'll take care of this, and come up with a suitable naming scheme.

Still, now I have everything in Logic, and I can arrange it at my leisure. With drag and drop, as God intended.

• for ease of transferring, I would get the ideas and loops spaced apart on BM3 timeline and export the tracks full length. I’d chop them to 8 bar sections (whatever needs be) in the other Daw.

I do find BM3s arranging tedious, but it’s sampler is great, as is the scene/clips jamming.

• @A_Fox said:
    for ease of transferring, I would get the ideas and loops spaced apart on BM3 timeline and export the tracks full length. I’d chop them to 8 bar sections (whatever needs be) in the other Daw.

Good idea. I record through an iConnectAudio, so it’s very easy to get good digital recordings.

I do find BM3s arranging tedious, but it’s sampler is great, as is the scene/clips jamming.

Exactly. It has the best sampler I’ve ever used, and between that and the banks/scenes, I can come up with ideas and record them super fast.

I also experimented with Live Link, and recording the loops into Ableton Live Lite. The loop recording is seamless.