Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What We Need From Music App Developers in 2020 | haQ attaQ

Comments

• Drums.

Elastic drums sounds compressed.

Volca drum needs compressor.

Think I prefer music without drums at the mo anyway.

• Hope the fader is as good as this. Supposed to be.

• An Au Sampler that does time stretching and pitch shifting, also for me personally a decent guitar sim au, like Bias fx or Amplitude going au. Would love to get Korg Triton as an AU for IOS. I cant really think of a lot of things that are missing from the Ipad/Iphone platform, Id just like to see what we have improved on. Seems like every Daw just has that one thing that makes it icomplete

• Korg needs to get Wavestation and M1 as an AU with THE FULL APP not the Gadget version. I will never buy another Korg app if they fuck this up....

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@crony said:

@craftycurate said:
    Some more Ableton-esque features in apps\DAWS:

• MIDI clip launching\looping, in an app that is current and up to date. Modstep is close but needs updating
    • Audio clip launching with time stretching

+1 billion posts I wrote...If only I knew (real optimized CPU friendly object proper) coding... :#

There’s been soo many requests for DAWs And Sequencing apps with an Ableton-type workflow clip-launching workflow and Im curious to why more devs aren’t doing something like that.

Then again they might be worried that Ableton is already working on their own, who knows?

There’s MODSTEP and then BLEASS Groovebox. I can’t remember if there are more ...?

Genome also seems to be nice for a lot of people here, even if to me, it grooves like an asthmatic sequencer...

• Always diss Volca drum but its actually better than any app. Synth or anything. Just wish the kick was better overall. Sometimes it sounds blown.

• Higher app prices to support those who will continue to innovate and surprise us with very little financial return.

A world where a computer is a computer and an iOS device is something completely different.

• AudioBus forum Auv3 please

• @Yalexein said:
    AudioBus forum Auv3 please

😂😂😂

• Maybe I missed it (and in case I did, sorry), but I would like something like Melodyne on the iPad. I've been asking for this for years.

• Waiting for a SFZ sounding player !

• Lets say it was good to have a deck and a fader ( but not essential for this ) Hardware ( sorry )

A giant ipad so loads of synths can fit plus the on screen controls would be big and the cpu etc would be bigger. A denon style vinyl jogwheel. A mixer with soundcard, 2 ipad connection ( plus midi ) The opposite side of jogwheel is an ios sequencer/launchpad thing. Another controller with loads of knobs/faders. A keyboard/mpe controller under desk on a slide shelf.

A giant ipad would just be ok though.

• Seems like it might be better tech for now than some augmentation. Cant really envision augmented usable screen.

So a giant ipad that rolls up like a scroll and can be put in a tube carry case. A foldable rigid rectangle panel, with a support.

lol

• I think I could maybe get that made for you before Drambo.

Might not though.

• I hope 6ch mixer app like "Pioneer DJ DJM-V10".

4-band EQ, filter knob,several fx...Absolutely AUv3... B)

• Electro harmonix guitar effects app.
    Other orchestral and world modeled devs to follow swam into iOS
    The expansion of mpe expressivity beyind orchestral and synths and into many modeled acoustic world instruments and effects manipulation

• Here is an unpopular opinion:
    I think if for 2020 all we need is sidechain or daw features to accompany your dawless workflow (that's what the daws are for, timeline/sequencer is its main aspect) or another hardware/desktop synth/fx copy... we are golden.
    My hope would be that iOS goes back to where it started, focusing on new/exciting ways of touch based interaction with your music.
    I personally like the way bram moves things forward. After critical gaps were filled, each project brings something new you didn't even know you want or miss, while keeping it focused and simple.

• @lasselu said:
    Give me Korg Wavestate as an app and I'll be satisfied...

+1

• edited January 2020

@haulin_notes said:
    XY-PADS!

Yup, I can back that :) Shoom, the X/Y pads on Audiokit Synth One, and the MPE keyboards of Mononoke and Animoog (and the mini X/Ys on Tardigrain!) show what is possible, though none of the above I believe currently allow the motion itself to be recorded. The only app I have that seems to do this at the moment is Sliver, which is niche, but brilliant). Something like an extension of KB-1 ‘s take on it would be cool - an add in AU controller app where you could set up and save a screenful of multiple X/Y pads as presets for performing and recording automation with any other AU synth that exposes parameters in AUM, complete with tight linkage to AUMs midi learn, so you can just very straightforwardly fire up the multi X/Y app and use as many pads as you want to record automation of anything.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@gregsmith said:
    More of the stuff that desktop daws have had for ages like AUM’s new side-chain functionality. People will start to take the platform more seriously.

I use Cubasis a lot and it has been more than frustrating not to be able to fully use the FabFilter plugs. I used to do side-chaining a lot back when I was using desktop and laptop DAWs. But when I got over to iOS I could do it unless I did it oldschool (volume automation).

I did manage to use Kymayica’s Compressor for some time but it’s only supporting IAA and so one could only use one instance. Had to bounce a lot of processed audio.

Then AUv3 came and I hope this would change stuff and finally it looks as I this could be fixed.

Hopefully more devs will catch the same train that Jonathan is on.

The train that Jonathan and the rest of the devs are on is a good one.

Rough Rider 3 is a very good example of this and the devs are
    putting in the extra effort to stabilise the side chaining function.

Creating on iOS is going to be transformed by it.

• @Treaszure said:
    AUv3 with realistic drums!

Yep! +1
    XLN / Toontrack / FXpansion / Slate... anyone? 😬

• Loopy Pro please and finally!
    Tonestack Auv3 please and finally!
    New version of Samplr please and finally!
    Or at least some sort of accurate’ish estimations of release dates...

• I’d still like to see an iPadOS Logic version in whatever form. Even if it’s more like a GarageBand Pro that adds features over time. I quietly hope that the Logic lab is cooking on something as they barely released bigger updates in the last two years.

• @jazzmess said:
    Waiting for a SFZ sounding player !

Audiolayer will get SFZ support in the next update and be able to load larger exs24-libraries than now :)

• @jacou said:

@Treaszure said:
    AUv3 with realistic drums!

Yep! +1
    XLN / Toontrack / FXpansion / Slate... anyone? 😬

Yes! :D Anything of that nature. I haven't tried Barbaxdrums yet but the developer said he is working on AUv3. Will buy it when that happens.

Haven't tried Drum Perfect Pro but the AUv3-player is not enough for my workflow, just want to load up in Cubasis and play.

• edited January 2020

we need drum jam and Playground to have sample import

and the wonderful lumbeats apps to have audio/loop export
    we need patterning universal and patterning sample slicing as in 'slice to pattern' and then the ability to do things to those slices like fade them, ratchet, smear, reverse, randomize, mute, etc...

we need midi in and out in all apps, we need all apps with arpeggio features to send that midi data out of the midi out

we need more apps for sample mangling that allow us to add FX to samples and print them in place, then edit them.

we need somebody besides korg to give us a giant style ikaossilator X/y isomorphic note entry interface to play and motion record riffs... it would be nice if that had an comprehensive arp with randomization as well.

We need Bas to come back and update Orphion so it has both Midi in and out Please!

My fellow countryman and countryman brothers from another mother I beseech you!!

• I could go on forever on this topic.
    Some ideas:

• AUv3 host that learn midi cc directly from interface. Learn on, touch knob on screen, turn knob on controler, voilà.

• Auv3 host that allow Auv3 windows to stick on a "grid" with different or scrollable "spaces"

-Auv3 host that record layers of gesture loop just like Samplr or Playground does. Imagine how fun that would be!

• Touch UI design and behaviour that are quick and responsive. No popup menus/windows, especially those with a tiny close/back button to go back, response on tap instead of release, no scrolling UI that slips under finger instead of taking input; fixed UI with big scroll bars instead, no tapping of a button 126 times to go from 1 to 127; scrolling of values.
      -> UI that imitate hardware: sliding across buttons actually push them on.
      More Shift buttons altering momentarily UI, allowing to go back quickly where we were without having to look for a back buttons.

-A modular AUv3 environment where source and destination can just be linked by touching both UI.

• Also, a tape looper auv3 like shapesynth but allowing to overdub on reverse and altered playback speed.

• @Philippe said:
    Also, a tape looper auv3 like shapesynth but allowing to overdub on reverse and altered playback speed.

What about Enso?

• modstep
    • more Korg au’s
    • whatever crazy stuff devs will come up with that my puny brain won’t know I need until it lands