Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What We Need From Music App Developers in 2020 | haQ attaQ

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    @rms13 In Beatmaker 3 and Cubasis 2 or 3. Both Cubasis versions are unusable unstable for me on iOS 13 anyway, which is the only reason I bought and learned Beatmaker.

I got away from using Beatmaker 3 because of stability and crashes/lock up when using many of my AUv3 plug ins. It simply doesn't handle my workflow using many AUv3 apps in the same project. Now I am just using AUM to make loops with everything and exporting audio to BM3 to just do arrangement and audio editing. I tried NS2 as well and it was more of nightmare handling AUv3 apps. AUM is the only thing that is stable for me.

Current project I'm working on in AUM has 3 instances of Synthmaster One, 4 Digistix, 3 Atom Piano Roll, 13 Pro Q2 and 8 more AUv3 effects loaded an maxing out around 70% DSP on my current gen entry level iPad. I can't even get half of that to run in BM3

Which also speaks to requests in this thread for stability improvements in apps as a priority over new apps or new features

• @McD said:
    Roland Cloud for IOS. people will want AUv3 but I just want those classic Roland apps.
    Could be like Korg Module with IAA and have a Hosting App with the requirement to pay for the Roland Could across PC Windows/Linux, Mac OS and IOS.

I suspect Reason Rack extensions are coming from PE for Reason Compact IOS.

AUv3’s are for the independents to leverage the universality of that interconnection.

IT would be a request for anger but I just want the sounds in any technical approach.
    Purchasing the StageLight team for XenBeats give Roland a solid team to manage the platform
    Port.

Good developers tend NOT to ask users publically since that could just shine light on a need and force everyone to lower prices... good for us but death to the developer to break even.

I’m sure dev’s check of this forum when they a looking for ideas.

The ABF users want Audio/MIDI Loop triggering from MIDI input with added creativity in the implementation.

Smart MIDI generators tend to get fast adoption if they demo well.

DAW’s are a saturated market... will Cubasis 3.2

+1 on that Roland Cloud for IOS

• @topaz said:
    Auv everything and a timeline for AUM, Cubasis Link plz ;-)

AUv3 updates for old synths that I paid $30 for so I can use them again would be nice. ahemm....Moog, Waldorf and other companies that should easily have the resources to do these things

• edited January 2020

@rms13 said:

@drcongo said:
    @rms13 In Beatmaker 3 and Cubasis 2 or 3. Both Cubasis versions are unusable unstable for me on iOS 13 anyway, which is the only reason I bought and learned Beatmaker.

I got away from using Beatmaker 3 because of stability and crashes/lock up when using many of my AUv3 plug ins. It simply doesn't handle my workflow using many AUv3 apps in the same project. Now I am just using AUM to make loops with everything and exporting audio to BM3 to just do arrangement and audio editing. I tried NS2 as well and it was more of nightmare handling AUv3 apps. AUM is the only thing that is stable for me.

Current project I'm working on in AUM has 3 instances of Synthmaster One, 4 Digistix, 3 Atom Piano Roll, 13 Pro Q2 and 8 more AUv3 effects loaded an maxing out around 70% DSP on my current gen entry level iPad. I can't even get half of that to run in BM3

Yah BM3 only really felt usable to me on my pro 10.5 while NS2 is more than usable on a Vic 20. (come on updates!)

• edited January 2020

Stable. AU. Clip. Launcher. Please devs I don’t wanna lust over Abe’s anymore!

• I’d like a simple Auv3 plugin that is a volume knob, to do my gain staging easier.. I can’t adjust my synth or kicks Or whatever’s volume level and see the mixer meter at the same time unless I use the Mixer fader (in bm3 and some other apps). Its tedious flicking between screens to get it right.
    Currently I have to drop in a compressor doing nothing but making use of its make up gain, Thats a waste of cpu and ram resources really.

I do agree we have many many synths now but I’d quite like an Oscar Clone too, thanks Devs 😁
    I quite like the various Groovebox style apps, multiple audio outs would be lovely on those.

For AUM it would be nice if there was a multi track midi sequencer with pattern clip launching,
    A nice grid for drum tracks with page buttons. Grid for notes too, nice and chunky with adjust note end position. Interface should have a bunch of buttons to select any track/instrument, visible at all times in the ui. maybe make it 8 track/instrument for simplicity of ui. Perhaps 8 or 16 patterns per instrument per project. That way you could have 8 track select buttons across bottom, and select the pattern being edited by a column of buttons on the left or right, and of course a main screen with all track and patterns like a launchpad functionality. A record button would be cool too to enter via midi keyboard.
    Thanks!

• edited January 2020

@Gaia.Tree said:

+Graham’s Number

• @rms13 said:
    I just want a solution for automation within AUM whether it's a native AUM solution or another AUv3 app that can automate my Synths and fx

+1,000 to that

• @Gravitas said:

@Druzy said:
    An AUv3 that runs IAA apps in an AUv3 wrapper.

Now that's a very, very cool idea.

+1000

Yes this would be really great! :)

• More subscriptions!
    🤣

• Will love to see, ‘Export to Maschine’.. In some way, Maschine is more powerful than Ableton.. when you dig deep..

• I want a drum machine from Erik Sigth.

I want a @brambos groovebox.

Would love for Microtonic to be an iOS app.

• AUv3 with realistic drums!

• All those sweet Max for Live apps that K-Devices creates. Please K-Devices we need them!

• FabFilter Timeless as an AUv3

• @Gaia.Tree said:

It's funny how there is no AU that does this but Enso could easily be reworked into something new to do this. If you can be bothered making the audio files you can use 4 instances of Enso for 16 clips and it works without an issue.

• edited January 2020

I would like bm3 to actually get universal love! It was promised long long ago, and I didnt forget.

I’d love to have ACTUAL reason on ios! Because reason compact is reason wack.

How bout a sampler with modern abilities? So far the roland vsynth which is over 10 years old skunks everything out.

Garageband to finally allow point tempos, sliding audio tracks from one track to another, automations, user drum kits, and load actual alchemy patches from the daw version.

How about Triton in gadget, how about gadget audio units? How about linear sequencing in gadget? How about no more 15.00 romplers with sad blip sounds?

How about that step sequencer in koala, and what about making it work with the effects per pad that function similar to effectrix?

Speaking of sugarbytes...i want drum computer on ios!

How about a kick ass wavetable synth that IS an audio unit? Something in Serum esque design!

What about a great au guitar rig/outfit?

Drambo? Eventually...laughing out loud

How about no more subtractive synthesizers!

I’d love to see Izotope come to ios!!!

• @Gaia.Tree said:

With time stretch link to host tempo!

• Id say Drum machine. Drambo and SB Drumcomputer.

A Dj Program ( as im waiting for a new xfader for mixer anyway ) Thats a clip launcher but has DVS. Auv3 so any instance can be used with a looper and effects, whilst being able to use Bluetooth faders. So a real turntable in DVS, Bluetooth for mixing other channels but also a clip launcher to make a track. It would obviously e good for production. Good for mixing your tracks and be good for controllers, mainly portabalism dj.

• @AudioGus said:
    For the 20th consecutive repost...

I hope this happens!

• edited January 2020

@crony said:

@craftycurate said:
    Some more Ableton-esque features in apps\DAWS:

• MIDI clip launching\looping, in an app that is current and up to date. Modstep is close but needs updating
    • Audio clip launching with time stretching

+1 billion posts I wrote...If only I knew (real optimized CPU friendly object proper) coding... :#

There’s been soo many requests for DAWs And Sequencing apps with an Ableton-type workflow clip-launching workflow and Im curious to why more devs aren’t doing something like that.

Then again they might be worried that Ableton is already working on their own, who knows?

There’s MODSTEP and then BLEASS Groovebox. I can’t remember if there are more ...?

• @gregsmith said:
    More of the stuff that desktop daws have had for ages like AUM’s new side-chain functionality. People will start to take the platform more seriously.

I use Cubasis a lot and it has been more than frustrating not to be able to fully use the FabFilter plugs. I used to do side-chaining a lot back when I was using desktop and laptop DAWs. But when I got over to iOS I could do it unless I did it oldschool (volume automation).

I did manage to use Kymayica’s Compressor for some time but it’s only supporting IAA and so one could only use one instance. Had to bounce a lot of processed audio.

Then AUv3 came and I hope this would change stuff and finally it looks as I this could be fixed.

Hopefully more devs will catch the same train that Jonathan is on.

• Drums. Wish we were as spoilt for choice as the hardware people. Always hard work (and lots of processing) to get them sounding half decent. SeekBeats and DM1 are good but could have more. And CPU usage. On all apps. Or more powerful phones...

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@gregsmith said:
    More of the stuff that desktop daws have had for ages like AUM’s new side-chain functionality. People will start to take the platform more seriously.

I use Cubasis a lot and it has been more than frustrating not to be able to fully use the FabFilter plugs. I used to do side-chaining a lot back when I was using desktop and laptop DAWs. But when I got over to iOS I could do it unless I did it oldschool (volume automation).

I did manage to use Kymayica’s Compressor for some time but it’s only supporting IAA and so one could only use one instance. Had to bounce a lot of processed audio.

Then AUv3 came and I hope this would change stuff and finally it looks as I this could be fixed.

Hopefully more devs will catch the same train that Jonathan is on.

Hopefully @LFS considers adding side-chain to Cubasis 3 as it would also be of good use for the Mini Sampler as an input selection for sampling (ie. sample/record any track).

• @sigma79 said:
    A Dj Program ( as im waiting for a new xfader for mixer anyway ) Thats a clip launcher but has DVS. Auv3 so any instance can be used with a looper and effects, whilst being able to use Bluetooth faders. So a real turntable in DVS, Bluetooth for mixing other channels but also a clip launcher to make a track. It would obviously be good for production. Good for mixing your tracks and be good for controllers, mainly portabalism dj.

There is not true market for something like that... (to make it reliable not as idea which seems good for me and I wanted the same over long years...) but it could be possible to use any of the actual dj apps with clip launching synced to playhead (for scratching purposes) and add a custom midi controller part to regular turntable (until phase dj gets support by iOS apps).
    Also you can ask @djplayerapp or Cross devs to implement what you need which more or less Traktor Remix decks.

Another option is dj app with external sampling to deck so you can resample your clip sequences into it. ATM using AudioShare will do the trick enough fast IMHO but obviously not realtime clip mangling as Remix Decks...

• edited January 2020

XY-PADS!

More synths with XY-pad modulation controllers built in! (Modulation, in addition to pitch control). The advantage in my view to XY-pads is that they of course affect two or more parameters simultaneously. (Also: vector synthesis! And recording motion / preset motion patterns. And possibly colors / graphics on the XY that indicate what is going on.) This is more of a performance or experimentation ability, as opposed to precise editing, etc which could be handled on another page. There are a precious few, like the performance page on Mitosynth, that seem to make use of the fact that THE IPAD IS ONE BIG XY SCREEN! 🙃¡|0|

I would love a synth with a dozen XY pads for performance use. (XYZ possibly for hardware synth, including pressure down. That’s trickier on the glass ipad.) The synth app TC-11 is brilliant and amazing. (Hard to believe it’s almost 10 years old.) It is a whole new synth language of geometry. But I don’t use it as much as I’d like. Because (in general) moving your fingers around changes pitch AND modulation, often in a way that makes one stop to figure out which direction is “up” in terms of pitch. Great for happy accidents, harder for much melodic-type playing, IMHO. (Could be a case of user error-headedness, lol). Separate windows for pitch and modulation might be a useful thing. There could be some minor modulation on the “pitch Y-axis” such as cutoff frequency like Thumbjam and Bebot do. But having the complex modulation XYs in separate “windows”, at least as an option.

(I’ve tried TC-Data with mixed results, and I should give Midi Designer Pro more time. But it’d be nice to have all this ready-to-go. MIDI in/out would be sweet, as would AUv3. Asking for a slightly simplified TC-11 feels like asking for gruel at a gourmet restaurant. This would have to be a new app. TC-11 is great at what it does, wouldn’t want to lose that. Just want moar! 😄).

• Oh yea... what @AudioGus requested about audio editing! 😊👍

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@crony said:

@craftycurate said:
    Some more Ableton-esque features in apps\DAWS:

• MIDI clip launching\looping, in an app that is current and up to date. Modstep is close but needs updating
    • Audio clip launching with time stretching

+1 billion posts I wrote...If only I knew (real optimized CPU friendly object proper) coding... :#

There’s been soo many requests for DAWs And Sequencing apps with an Ableton-type workflow clip-launching workflow and Im curious to why more devs aren’t doing something like that.

Then again they might be worried that Ableton is already working on their own, who knows?

There’s MODSTEP and then BLEASS Groovebox. I can’t remember if there are more ...?

Mod step comes pretty close but is it still being developed?

The closest we can get to a desktop DAW at the moment is to assemble DAW functionality from a bunch of different apps and hope they play nicely together, passing audio and MIDI and tempo sync and so on.

For those of us who are looking for a more improv/clip launching type setup (Ableton Session) there isn’t a lot going on. More options for those looking for a more Arrangement view workflow e.g. Xequence 2.

An AUM based workflow really needs an all in-one MIDI solution that offers clip launching, MIDI import & export, and maybe arrangement view as well.

• edited January 2020

@drcongo said:
    I still haven’t found an AUv3 drum machine that I love. I keep going back to the drum rack in Pure Acid as it’s the cleanest 808 reproduction I have, and Ruismaker Noir / Fm because I can tweak some beautiful sounds out of them. DigiStix feels incredibly unstable and will regularly crash its host, EG Pulse is close but also crashes its host and I’m not big on the sounds, Playbeat is really limited and the sounds are very dull.

I would like SeekBeats to be AUv3. To my knowledge, it's a shame that the only truly iOS drum synth that can directly touch the internals of a drum synth won't be an AU host. Also, would like to support MIDI export and Ableton Live Link start / stop synchronization. And there is a bug that freezes when it is standalone. It's a wasteful drum synth. Undo function is also required.

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@sigma79 said:
    A Dj Program ( as im waiting for a new xfader for mixer anyway ) Thats a clip launcher but has DVS. Auv3 so any instance can be used with a looper and effects, whilst being able to use Bluetooth faders. So a real turntable in DVS, Bluetooth for mixing other channels but also a clip launcher to make a track. It would obviously be good for production. Good for mixing your tracks and be good for controllers, mainly portabalism dj.

There is not true market for something like that... (to make it reliable not as idea which seems good for me and I wanted the same over long years...) but it could be possible to use any of the actual dj apps with clip launching synced to playhead (for scratching purposes) and add a custom midi controller part to regular turntable (until phase dj gets support by iOS apps).
    Also you can ask @djplayerapp or Cross devs to implement what you need which more or less Traktor Remix decks.

Another option is dj app with external sampling to deck so you can resample your clip sequences into it. ATM using AudioShare will do the trick enough fast IMHO but obviously not realtime clip mangling as Remix Decks...

Dont really scratch much but bought an innofader pnp2. Just to see if it makes me better. Bought it from USA as UK stock dosent have Numark scratch plates to fit fader. Bought a coolercap also. The next logical step for dvs with midi buttons is probably numark scratch but all mixers seem to need a fader upgrade. Hope its as good as the pro 2. Bought a couple new scratch vinyl from cut and paste records. Telemetry and scratch fossils. Thanks.