Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, about this coronavirus...

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:
    My hunch is there's a lot more to this than the masses are being told.

On the contrary. Is the mass and media (and Social Media) fear the main cause about all this measures.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    You know. the Qanon folks are drinking bleach to inoculate against coronavirus. But apart from that happy circumstance, relying on unsourced information about a pandemic posted to internet forums by anyone without a scientific or medical background is a bad idea.

This article, from a reporter who lived (with small children) in China during the SARS outbreak, might give perspective.

Well, my sources are taken from the BBC and UK government website announcements, but yeah, could be bullshit.

SIgh. We are in agreement.
    I'm saying that those who speculate without sources are not helping. I would say trust only sources like the BBC and NYTimes and WHO.

I think the fact that British Airways has cancelled all flights to China, and the UK government is proposing a 14 day quarantine, suggests they are taking this very seriously indeed.

My hunch is there's a lot more to this than the masses are being told.

It’s okay. @OnfraySin says we have nothing to worry about.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    You know. the Qanon folks are drinking bleach to inoculate against coronavirus. But apart from that happy circumstance, relying on unsourced information about a pandemic posted to internet forums by anyone without a scientific or medical background is a bad idea.

This article, from a reporter who lived (with small children) in China during the SARS outbreak, might give perspective.

Well, my sources are taken from the BBC and UK government website announcements, but yeah, could be bullshit.

SIgh. We are in agreement.
    I'm saying that those who speculate without sources are not helping. I would say trust only sources like the BBC and NYTimes and WHO.

And @skiphunt — dude, really?

@ExAsperis99 yeah... really. Pity we can't trust official information from our leaders so much anymore, ie. Chernobl

It could very well be just as bad as is being reported, or exponentially worse. Or, it could be a disinformation campaign.

Difficult to tell. I'm hoping it's a disinformation campaign to squash the protests, but my gut tells me it may be much worse than we can imagine.

And that said... I located that box of medical masks I keep for shoe-string traveling when I might get stuck sitting on a bus next to someone with the plague all night.

I'm not dismissing this AT ALL.

I was toying with a last minute flight to the Yucatan for 2-3 weeks, but I'd be lying if I'm not apprehensive about flying right now. Might just do some motorcycle camping instead until we see if this gets contained soon.

• edited January 2020

I agree that the Chinese government has not earned any trust. But what you're saying is plausible only in movies. If you look into any actual firsthand sources — the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, or the ECDC — this is absolutely real.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I agree that the Chinese government has not earned any trust. But what you're saying is plausible only in movies. If you look into any actual firsthand sources — the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, or the ECDC — this is absolutely real.

Yeah, again... I'm terrified that it's all too real.

Now that there are more organizations involved... and more information seems appear beyond the scope of what could be accomplished with a disinformation campaign... and, that I just read that the Americans just flown out of Wuhan are being taken to a military base for quarantine instead of commercial airport as originally planned... looking more and more like the real deal.

Does anyone know the condition of the 5 confirmed cases in the U.S.? And, their age/health before being tested positive for the virus?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @skiphunt said:
    I floated an alternate speculation on twitter and even prefaced it with "Here's a tin-foil hat conspiracy theory"

It's all doable and plausible.

Do-able maybe. Plausible?

Doesn't seem plausible to me though it isn't impossible.

Might they take advantage of an actual catastrophe? Sure. But that is a very different question.

There seem to be a lot of questions that haven't been answered rigorously enough for epidemiologists to have a clear picture, yet.

Governments (all of them) tend to be less than forthcoming about outbreaks and dangers they hope are containable. Ibsen's play Enemy of the People does a good job of capturing the dynamic.

• @david_2017 said:
    Interesting though, No1 in German AppStore games is plague Inc. 🙈

ironic

Ironic turns iconic once they’ve finally taken over

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2020

no known method to cure

not exactly true, in fact same like any common flu - just week in bed, lot of vitamines, hot tea... if you don't have any other serious health issues, your immune system will easily win,

as there are asymptomatic cases and a pretty long incubation time

Some experts im immunology and virology have serious doubt about possibility of spreading from human to human during incubation phase - it would be first virus of this kind and it is extremely unlikely.. this information is most probably hoax

• edited January 2020
  • edited January 2020
  • @Max23 said:

taking peoples temperatures at the airports doesn't really work ;)

Times like these are a good time to take ones spiritual temperature, we’re all going to die sooner or later, you may not get the flu this year .. but what about that fool on the freeway that decides to make a lane change without signaling right in front of you when you are reaching over to grab your water bottle, or the elderly lady that decided to keep going at a red light (that happened to me putting me in the hospital) You never know when it’s time to leave this earth .. then eternity awaits. There is forgiveness in sins and eternal life in none other than Christ who gave himself a living sacrifice on a Roman crucifix so that all that believe in him should not perish .. but have eternal life. It’s a good time to crack that dusty Bible off an read the book of John that explains it all. Ok enough preaching .. back to tunes ..

• Another good book...

• edited January 2020
    1. A Modest Proposal
    2. One shmuck dies and two more are born every minute or so. Sounds like Al Capp’s Shmoos from the long ago.
    3. Yes, you can take me. It’s great but not that great.
    4. Please delete the some are saved but all the Hindus go to Hell BS. Empathy, compassion, and true spiritual understanding, not anachronistic, proselytizing, dogma. We are all kinds here but, fortunately, only iOS musicians go to Valhalla. Besides, who gives a shit about eternal life when we are having such a lovely death rant here. 😩😳 🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃
    5. I think this thread has gone viral. All participants talk amongst yourselves in that closet over there for the next two weeks.
  • This outbreak is a blessing in disguise and I'm not saying this for lack of respect towards the people who are dying.
    Humanity is facing more than just climate challenge, I think this is clear. I’m only glad that this virus is not as serious as it could have been. At least hopefully there will be some kind of contingency plan when this happens again, which it will and likely not too far in the future.

We made this planet our home errr host. Now is maybe time to consider other cohabitants, the old and the new, mutating as we speak.

• I’m terrified ... of having to skip all the news stories about this virus. Am I scared? No. Do I get irritated by the attempts to make me scared. Yep. Do I ignore it all where possible? Of course. Am I slightly disappointed to see this stuff on a forum about mobile music-making? Certainly! That said, I do hope to avoid getting it, obviously 😇

• I didn't read anything from last 52 messages but I want to share this with all of you.

Cheers.

• I think we’ve probably passed the point of saving ourselves as a species in the long term due to the damage we’ve inflicted on the environment so deaths caused by a novel virus are probably just speeding up the end result.
    Having said that I’ll be doing my best to avoid catching it, fingers crossed.
    Also I think this outbreak is worse than SARS and regular Flu illustrated by the cancellation of flights to the country by various airlines, I certainly don’t recall this happening in recent history...

• edited January 2020

@cloudswimmer said: then eternity awaits. There is forgiveness in sins and eternal life in none other than Christ who gave himself a living sacrifice on a Roman crucifix so that all that believe in him should not perish .. but have eternal life. It’s a good time to crack that dusty Bible off an read the book of John that explains it all.

Or you could just kill a cow/chicken/first born child or yourself in an act of self sacrifice, it will be just as effective for claiming your place in Valhalla, Paradise, Tlalocan, Tir Na Nog or whichever version of the supposed afterlife floats your boat.

• I just looked at a bunch of data from previous outbreaks... and mortality rates in the U.S. alone for the current regular flu season. So far there have already been 8200 deaths.

Seems like regular ol' flu is a lot more deadly than the coronavirus.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-influenza-disease-china-united-states-64311582-2031-40af-8ec3-9ff68341d4f3.html

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/coronavirus-cases-deaths-flu

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

So is smoking, driving a car, and a host of other things.

• edited January 2020

@wim said:

Yep. I fell for and briefly panicked with the last couple of pandemic scares too. Got both H1N1 and Zika on different trips in Mexico. Both were not very pleasant and might've taken me out if I'd been older and not in decent health.

Basically, they were both very similar to a really bad flu. Zika had a weird intense pain behind each of my eyeballs, like someone was giving you a noogie inside your skull. Didn't care for that sensation AT ALL. And there was a rash that covered the inside of my arms and legs. Pretty intense pain in the joints with both.

Both seemed to run their courses in about 5-6 days, and I even motorcycle traveled for part of the time I was infected with H1N1.

Wasn't pleasant and wouldn't want to do it again by choice, but overall wasn't a huge deal if you are in reasonably good health and your immune system isn't severely compromised.

• @skiphunt said:
    I just looked at a bunch of data from previous outbreaks... and mortality rates in the U.S. alone for the current regular flu season. So far there have already been 8200 deaths.

Seems like regular ol' flu is a lot more deadly than the coronavirus.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-influenza-disease-china-united-states-64311582-2031-40af-8ec3-9ff68341d4f3.html

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/danvergano/coronavirus-cases-deaths-flu

It says ' this year's flu season has killed 8,200 people, with at least 15 million cases '. How many cases of beer flu are there?

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

Yep. I fell for and briefly panicked with the last couple of pandemic scares too. Got both H1N1 and Zika on different trips in Mexico. Both were not very pleasant and might've taken me out if I'd been older and not in decent health.

Basically, they were both very similar to a really bad flu. Zika had a weird intense pain behind each of my eyeballs, like someone was giving you a noogie inside your skull. Didn't care for that sensation AT ALL. And there was a rash that covered the inside of my arms and legs. Pretty intense pain in the joints with both.

Both seemed to run their courses in about 5-6 days, and I even motorcycle traveled for part of the time I was infected with H1N1.

Wasn't pleasant and wouldn't want to do it again by choice, but overall wasn't a huge deal if you are in reasonably good health and your immune system isn't severely compromised.

Heh. I think I’d be a whole lot more worried about riding that motorcycle, and the Mexico drug cartels, than the flu. :D

You’re a brave man.

This discussion has been closed.