Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sending a stereo output signal from an iPad to a PC

If I plug a guitar cable into the headphone jack of my iPad (with a 3.5 mm adapter), and the other end into my audio interface (it's a Focusrite 6i6), which is connected to my PC, then I am able to play the output from my iPad and record it into my desktop DAW. This is pretty amazing as I can use the GarageBand Drummer for example, the GeoShred app, and the standalone Tonebridge amp sim which is iOS only.

The only thing is that the signal comes through as mono - not the end of the world - but is it possible to get a stereo signal from iPad to desktop? Obviously I can export stereo wav files, but I am talking about playing something "live".

Comments