Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tiny, little piano riff with Enso looping...

Almost seems ridiculous to post such a tiny snippet, but I like the piece (as a contrast to the typical 10+ minute things I do) and, moreover, think the looping technique could be fun for others to try out.

Basically, Fugue Machine has a couple of playheads going different rates with different directions. The notes generated are converted to CC and used to toggle Enso's direction. This makes a "delay" that pseudo-chaotically reverses direction. It's mixed in low here to just provide some subtle texture, but I could imagine having more triggers for rate / section / etc. to make something harder and more pronounced.

Comments

• That's great stuff.
    Feels like the intro music to a dark true crime series from Norway that just went live on Netflix and which I'm planning on bingeing starting NOW.

• Nicely done and evocative. I admire your almost spatulated fingertips. I had a piano teacher whose fingertips flared out a bit. He was a great player even tho he was a knob design engineer... an unsung profession that has gone the way of... most knobs.

• @aplourde said:
    Almost seems ridiculous to post such a tiny snippet, but I like the piece (as a contrast to the typical 10+ minute things I do) and, moreover, think the looping technique could be fun for others to try out.

Basically, Fugue Machine has a couple of playheads going different rates with different directions. The notes generated are converted to CC and used to toggle Enso's direction. This makes a "delay" that pseudo-chaotically reverses direction. It's mixed in low here to just provide some subtle texture, but I could imagine having more triggers for rate / section / etc. to make something harder and more pronounced.

Very cool technique and result!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    That's great stuff.
    Feels like the intro music to a dark true crime series from Norway that just went live on Netflix and which I'm planning on bingeing starting NOW.

Thanks! Was probably channelling some Ólafur Arnolds....

@LinearLineman said:
    Nicely done and evocative. I admire your almost spatulated fingertips. I had a piano teacher whose fingertips flared out a bit. He was a great player even tho he was a knob design engineer... an unsung profession that has gone the way of... most knobs.

Well, I'm decidedly not a great player and "spatulated" tips aren't the greatest for poking tiny virtual buttons on glass screens!

@espiegel123 said:
    Very cool technique and result!

Yeah, I definitely need to experiment with this more....