Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video for Scape, my favourite app for just chilling out. Share your chilling apps here..

No AB, no midi, no IAA, no export, no import, just peaceful, uncluttered, uncomplicated bliss. I use this to de stress and relax.

Comments

• Really cool! An app to get lost in :)

• Love me some Scape as well as Bloom.

• I bought this after Doug mentioned it in an earlier post. I use it regularly - just a couple of presses on 'create a scape' gets exactly what I want to relax before bed-time. Highly recommended for insomnia, stress, or just layback with a book time. I also use Relaxia when drones aren't what I'm looking for.

• This app looks amazing Doug !

• I like the music it creates for its own sake. I'll probably build some pieces with it.

• edited February 2014

Eno's Lux/Day Of Light project uses similar sounds to those found in the app. Always worth a listen.

http://warp.net/records/brian-eno/lux-grammy-nomination-watch-day-of-light

• edited March 2014

• Options are added as you use the app. Doesn't take very long. There is also an option in the iPad Settings menu to enable all features. It says "not recommended" for some bizarre reason

• YanYan
    edited February 2014

@thinds said:

Options are added as you use the app. Doesn't take very long. There is also an option in the iPad Settings menu to enable all features. It says "not recommended" for some bizarre reason

Because there are so many 'flavours' you would not learn to feel the growth that this app provides. I find it an added pleasure each time I am rewarded with a new sound or texture. I think it would be an error to add them all at once.

• @Yan said:
    >

Because there are so many 'flavours' you would not learn to feel the growth that this app provides. I find it an added pleasure each time I am rewarded with a new sound or texture. I think it would be an error to add them all at once.

That's a good point. I never considered that may be the thinking behind it.

• edited February 2014

Chill out app...

Explores

I know Jordan has caught flac for being the face of what some call abandon ware, but the sound is very relaxing and the playing is phenomenal. Also the first time I've seen Izotope's name on the Ipad.

• edited March 2014

• edited February 2014

Thanks @Simon, Mr Eno is an extraordinary man

• An even more in-depth breakdown of his apps, as well as his life and career. Really, if you like Brian Eno at all, this is mandatory viewing:

• Anybody got any other "chilling apps" besides the life and times of Eno? I do believe that is what the OP asked for :)

I'll throw another one out there.

Aquatic Ambience. It's being marketed as tinnitus masking (for those of use who have monitored on headphones for to long)

I Do like Eno BTW.

• Thanks @CalCutta, downloading now and will watch later on tonight

• Here's some of my chill out apps:-

Bloom,
    Trope,
    Fuji leaves,
    Loop (Monolith Interactive),
    Music Ball,
    Inception.

• what is Immersion like?

• Immersion is fine, just make sure you keep your mouth closed and have a towel handy:}

• Fuji leaves is a gem, just dl'd this for free, thanks Wonko.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    No AB, no midi, no IAA, no export, no import, just peaceful, uncluttered, uncomplicated bliss. I use this to de stress and relax.

Does anyone know the copyright status for this app? Is it permitted to use a sample in my own compositions? The developer's web page does not say. I will not buy it if I can't use the output.

• Animoog by itself. I just make beautiful pads and play myself to sleep. Only app I’ve been able to do that with effectively. There is something about the sound

• I think Scape is Brian Eno’s crowning achievement. I’ve listened to all of his stuff plenty and, as long as he’s not singing or talking on it, I like the majority of it. I think he gets overrated because of his self-cultivated ‘guru’-like image; but to his credit, he was either willing to assume or just naturally fills the role of the mainstream audience’s bridge into ambient recordings.

I can’t seem to give a compliment without throwing a backhand in there, so there it is. The main point is that Scape is the best thing he’s ever done.

• @db909 said:
    Animoog by itself. I just make beautiful pads and play myself to sleep. Only app I’ve been able to do that with effectively. There is something about the sound

I love a good sloooow-speed all-over-the-place path through all 8 timbres. Gotta be minimal or no orbit though.