Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro Map MIDI CC to AU parameters?

Is it possible to route MIDI CC to AU parameters in Auria Pro? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual which makes me think the answer is no.

Comments

  • @espiegel123 said:
    Is it possible to route MIDI CC to AU parameters in Auria Pro? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual which makes me think the answer is no.

    Good question, I will check it

  • @Rodolfo said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    Is it possible to route MIDI CC to AU parameters in Auria Pro? I couldn't find anything about it in the manual which makes me think the answer is no.

    Good question, I will check it

    The question comes up because I am working on a track with AudioDamage Continua and getting lovely results controlling it in AUM by mapping incoming CC to Continua's parameters. In Auria Pro, I can't figure out how to do it other than with automation drawing since Continua is one of the many AUs that don't report touch information to the host which Auria requires for automation recording.

  • edited January 26

    I just tested it with Bs-16i and I managed to send CC74 (cutoff) from another iPad using Network Session. The new MIDI button has to be enabled though, otherwise it doesn’t work.

  • @Rodolfo said:
    I just tested it with Bs-16i and I managed to send CC74 (cutoff) from another iPad using Network Session. The new MIDI button has to be enabled though, otherwise it doesn’t work.

    Maybe my question wasn't clear. Some AU don't have CCs pre-mapped to their AU parameters (or don't publish them). In AUM, you can map CCs to those AU parameters. I can't see how to do that in AP. The parameters are available from the automation popups.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @Rodolfo said:
    I just tested it with Bs-16i and I managed to send CC74 (cutoff) from another iPad using Network Session. The new MIDI button has to be enabled though, otherwise it doesn’t work.

    Maybe my question wasn't clear. Some AU don't have CCs pre-mapped to their AU parameters (or don't publish them). In AUM, you can map CCs to those AU parameters. I can't see how to do that in AP. The parameters are available from the automation popups.

    Sorry, I misunderstood.
    I don’t own Continua, any other app you can think of I can check?

  • edited January 26

    @Rodolfo said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Rodolfo said:
    I just tested it with Bs-16i and I managed to send CC74 (cutoff) from another iPad using Network Session. The new MIDI button has to be enabled though, otherwise it doesn’t work.

    Maybe my question wasn't clear. Some AU don't have CCs pre-mapped to their AU parameters (or don't publish them). In AUM, you can map CCs to those AU parameters. I can't see how to do that in AP. The parameters are available from the automation popups.

    Sorry, I misunderstood.
    I don’t own Continua, any other app you can think of I can check?

    Sorry, now I get what you mean.
    No, there’s no way to map an arbitrary CC to an AU parameter.

  • @Rodolfo said:

    @Rodolfo said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @Rodolfo said:
    I just tested it with Bs-16i and I managed to send CC74 (cutoff) from another iPad using Network Session. The new MIDI button has to be enabled though, otherwise it doesn’t work.

    Maybe my question wasn't clear. Some AU don't have CCs pre-mapped to their AU parameters (or don't publish them). In AUM, you can map CCs to those AU parameters. I can't see how to do that in AP. The parameters are available from the automation popups.

    Sorry, I misunderstood.
    I don’t own Continua, any other app you can think of I can check?

    Sorry, now I get what you mean.
    No, there’s no way to map an arbitrary CC to an AU parameter.

    Thanks. I guess I will use AUM as a virtual synth rack and pipe the audio into Auria Pro via Audiobus.

Sign In or Register to comment.