Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro Beta

@WaveMachineLabs has just started up a beta test of a new Auria Pro version that adds side chain for all AU and addresses various odds-and-ends.

If you have had stability issues, please consider signing up for the beta and reporting any problems or crashes.

To request entry into the beta program, send a message to

support [at] drumagog .com

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    @WaveMachineLabs has just started up a beta test of a new Auria Pro version that adds side chain for all AU and addresses various odds-and-ends.

If you have had stability issues, please consider signing up for the beta and reporting any problems or crashes.

To request entry into the beta program, send a message to

support [at] drumagog .com

Thanks.

Will do.

• Me too.

The automated reply states:

Your request (REACTED) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

**Please note that starting July 1st, 2019 Drumagog 5 will no longer be authorized using PACE/iLok authorization

Drumagog 5 is now exclusively authorized using a new native licensing system that requires no USB keys or downloaded software license managers.

Install Drumagog 5 (version 5.3) from your account at Drumagog.com and find your authorization credentials by clicking on the 'View License Key' (in red lettering) next to your software download**

Is that the best support email address to reach the right contacts?

• @McD said:
    Me too.

The automated reply states:

Your request (REACTED) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

**Please note that starting July 1st, 2019 Drumagog 5 will no longer be authorized using PACE/iLok authorization

Drumagog 5 is now exclusively authorized using a new native licensing system that requires no USB keys or downloaded software license managers.

Install Drumagog 5 (version 5.3) from your account at Drumagog.com and find your authorization credentials by clicking on the 'View License Key' (in red lettering) next to your software download**

Yep it is.

Beta link came through.

Already installed.

• Does the overwrite am already installed app, and if not, is it safe / wise to run them parallel?

• schsch
    edited January 2020

@Krupa said:
    Does the overwrite am already installed app, and if not, is it safe / wise to run them parallel?

It installs and runs in parallel.

• @Krupa said:
    Does the overwrite am already installed app, and if not, is it safe / wise to run them parallel?

The beta overwrites your projects if you install in place.

Create a temp folder using the files app and move everything
    from the AP directory there in otherwise you will lose your projects.

When installing the version from the App Store then
    you have to do the same process again except from
    the beta version back to the App Store version.

You can't run them in parallel.

• @Gravitas said:

@McD said:

Yep it is.

Thanks. I wait my turn in the queue then.

• Other than crash to the springboard on install when dismissing the features popup at the conclusion of the install, it has been fine upon the initial restart.

I like the addition of the MIDI enable button on the channel strips... very fast and visually clear. I haven't gotten far enough to try the other features/fixes.

• @Gravitas said:

@Krupa said:

The beta overwrites your projects if you install in place.

Create a temp folder using the files app and move everything
    from the AP directory there in otherwise you will lose your projects.

When installing the version from the App Store then
    you have to do the same process again except from
    the beta version back to the App Store version.

Thanks for the intel @Gravitas , I might hang fire as while I’m eternally curious, I’ve got some spoken word stuff I’m mid flow editing at the moment...

• @sch said:
    Other than crash to the springboard on install when dismissing the features popup at the conclusion of the install, it has been fine upon the initial restart.

I like the addition of the MIDI enable button on the channel strips... very fast and visually clear. I haven't gotten far enough to try the other features/fixes.

Same thing happened to me as well.

About to start testing a mix I've been working on later on this evening.

@Krupa
    No problem.

• edited January 2020

Please, be aware that as this is not an open beta and it’s available only to approved users, you should report your finings on the Auria Beta forum and not here, otherwise it would confuse or create false expectations on other users.
    Thanks.

• @Rodolfo said:
    Please, be aware that as this is not an open beta and it’s available only to approved users you should report your finings on the Auria Beta forum and not here, otherwise it would confuse or create false expectations on other users.
    Thanks.

Is that on the main Auria Pro forum or is there a separate forum for this?

• @Rodolfo ... thanks for the heads up.

• @Gravitas said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Please, be aware that as this is not an open beta and it’s available only to approved users you should report your finings on the Auria Beta forum and not here, otherwise it would confuse or create false expectations on other users.
    Thanks.

Is that on the main Auria Pro forum or is there a separate forum for this?

Once your user account is approved, you should be able to see the Auria Beta folder on the Auria Forum

• @Rodolfo

Okay cool, I'll get that approved right away as I'm now beta testing.

• @Gravitas said:
    @Rodolfo

Okay cool, I'll get that approved right away as I'm now beta testing.

You’ll find me there also as Rodolfo

• @Rodolfo said:
    Please, be aware that as this is not an open beta and it’s available only to approved users

Fair enough. Trust your well-known users. That's the most efficient model for a Beta.
    Maybe editing the Headline makes sense to show this is NOT an open beta.

I'll wait for my update and keep using one of my other 10 DAW's. I wish DAW's could load DAW's or sync to one clock that rules over all.

Xequence 2 -> AB3 + AUM would be my ideal Hyper-DAW but adding AP to the mix would be
    great to get access to Lyra. I have 4GB of RAM on my new iPhone.

• @Gravitas said:

I have my original Auria icon, and the TestFlight Auria Pro beta icon. I’d call that parallel.

• @Rodolfo said:
    Please, be aware that as this is not an open beta and it’s available only to approved users, you should report your finings on the Auria Beta forum and not here, otherwise it would confuse or create false expectations on other users.
    Thanks.

Reported it as it happened via the TestFlight app.

• @sch said:

@Gravitas said:

I have my original Auria icon, and the TestFlight Auria Pro beta icon. I’d call that parallel.

Auria and Auria Pro are different apps.

The beta replaces the original. Installling the beta over the non-beta doesn’t seem to impact the existing AP projects...BUT it is always wise to back up the AP folder before doing an update just in case .,,, though I have never had a problem.

• I think if you uninstall the beta version, or leave the beta, you would lose all your projects. But, if you instead install the App Store version when you’re done beta testing, everything is left in place.

I’ve flipped back and forth between Audiobus App Store and Test Flight versions dozens of times without losing anything.

That said ... backups always!

• @sch

My apologies for the inaccuracy of my statement.

I was told to uninstall the App Store version and then install the beta version
    and whilst doing so back up all projects because they will get overwritten by
    the beta install.

also see what @espiegel123 and @wim wrote.

Anyways waiting for permission to use the
    AP beta Forum then I'll leave my findings there.

• @wim said:
    I think if you uninstall the beta version, or leave the beta, you would lose all your projects. But, if you instead install the App Store version when you’re done beta testing, everything is left in place.

I’ve flipped back and forth between Audiobus App Store and Test Flight versions dozens of times without losing anything.

That said ... backups always!

Yes, backup always. The key thing when joining a beta (besides backing up your files for safety beforehand) is knowing that you should just install from test flight without deleting the original app. Deleting an app generally takes all its data with it.

• There are times that new versions of apps actually perform modifications to file structure as part of the upgrade process, or when saving projects. They can also have bugs that corrupt files when saved, or those files might not be backwards compatible if you need to step back to the production version.

So, it’s always best to assume something will go wrong, and back up any projects you care about.

There is another developer that I’ve beta tested for that doesn’t use TestFlight. For that developer, I did actually have to back up, uninstall, and install the beta, and vice versa every time. Anything I’ve written applies to TestFlight, not other modes of performing beta testing.

• @Gravitas said:
    @sch

My apologies for the inaccuracy of my statement.

I was told to uninstall the App Store version and then install the beta version
    and whilst doing so back up all projects because they will get overwritten by
    the beta install.

also see what @espiegel123 and @wim wrote.

Anyways waiting for permission to use the
    AP beta Forum then I'll leave my findings there.

If you use the same email for your Apple id and your Auria forum user account then I guess it should be automatically enabled for the Auria Beta forum, but if not, then please ask them to get permission.

• @Rodolfo

Yep, have done.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Auria and Auria Pro are different apps.

The beta replaces the original. Installling the beta over the non-beta doesn’t seem to impact the existing AP projects...BUT it is always wise to back up the AP folder before doing an update just in case .,,, though I have never had a problem.

I knew that would be next... sorry, I should have mentioned that it’s “Auria” because I originally purchased Auria as soon as it was available. When the AP upgrade became available, I purchased and downloaded it over the original app, hence my copy of AP still just shows as “Auria”, whereas the icon for the beta I downloaded appears as “Auria Pro”. My point being that I consider that as them being parallel, my 2.23 Auria (Pro), and my beta 2.24 Auria Pro.

• @sch : in functionality, upgraded Auria and AURIa Pro have the same features but from the point of view of the OS, they are different apps. For those of us that bought AP directly, the beta replaces the app and isn't installed in parallel.

• I am not going to apply to beta this, but fingers crossed. I really hope Auria can get back to its reliable self....

• @espiegel123 said:
    @sch : in functionality, upgraded Auria and AURIa Pro have the same features but from the point of view of the OS, they are different apps. For those of us that bought AP directly, the beta replaces the app and isn't installed in parallel.

Gotcha, figured that might be the case.