Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Manual – After you read it, did you do any of it?

Which manual?

The KLF’s “The Manual (How to Have a Number One the Easy Way)” of course.

I used to have an original copy of it (the A4 sized one) and it got lent out to another band I was friends with (who I eventually sold a lot of my gear to, SY77 etc, when I left Macclesfield).
In this century I bought another copy, by now a tiny pocket-sized fat little book. Also lent out (but can probably get back if I need to).

The question is for those of you who did read it (no need to answer if you haven’t read it) – did you subsequently attempt to follow any of the instructions at all?

Comments

• Nah, I burnt a million quid though.

• I read the other day that chumba wumba used it for that get knocked down single the other day and were shocked when it worked for them...

• Never thought it was that great. Most of the book is business/negotiating advice, the musical stuff can be summed by “cop a killer groove, keep it simple”. Hardly news in this day and age

• The Macc Lads!

• I left Macclesfield 55 years ago and only been back once for about 2 hours. @db909 ..... Never thought it was that great..... book or town?

• @Jomodu said:
    I left Macclesfield 55 years ago and only been back once for about 2 hours. @db909 ..... Never thought it was that great..... book or town?

I was in Macc for a few years at the turn of the 90s, our magazine publishing co in Chichester got bought by a bigger one up in Macc, and stupidly most of us moved up there. We shouldn’t have, we should have just gone our ways – I enjoyed being ‘up north’ though, more than most of us who went up, but in retrospect would have been better staying where I was. Still, it was proximity to Madchester and all that. If I’d known then what I had to do to get famous and suchlike it would have been fun, but I thought it was all about merit by making good music and writing ‘interesting’ and ‘original’ songs.

• edited January 2020

Classic Macc lads