Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution vs Cubasis 3? Who's the leader of universal DAW category at the moment?

edited January 2020 in General App Discussion

Hi guys,

I would like to buy a DAW for my iPhone 6s (that works with my ipad I'll buy maybe in the summer).
I've became very excited to see Cubasis 3 as a universal app, almost bought it but when I scrolled through the pages of the Audio Evolution Mobile Studio DAW thread, I realized that it must be as good as Cubasis 3 or even better just it's not being that much hype. The developer response speed and the fact that he listens to his users is something that seems to be better than Steinberg's approach so.
Now, I know AEMS is better for the money BUT: Is it better for someone who doesn't consider price?
Mainly I record guitar (Bias FX), would like to use a few virtual instruments, such as some nice drums for metal, cello, piano and things like these. Also I'm planning to explore synths. So midi editing is important to me.

Microsonic looks very attractive. How does AEMS instruments and effects compare to Cubasis 3's instruments and effects in terms of quality, quantity and parameter adjustments?

This is my first ever discussion (or comment) ever on this page, I'm new, but I'm having hard time to decide between this two DAW and I don't want regret my purchase (even though we can never be sure about apps until we try them).

Thank you!

Comments

• Cubasis 3 is pretty broken right now, I would give them time to sort out the bugs.

Haven’t used AEMS but $8 is pretty cheap, would probably be worth a try. I found this recent thread on it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35651/how-does-audio-evolution-mobile-studio-compare-to-other-daws-in-2019

Honestly, I’d start off with GarageBand. It’s free and has plenty to get you started.

• What is AEMS? Why don't buy both and use in junction anyways?

• @Balesz said:
    Hi guys,

I would like to buy a DAW for my iPhone 6s (that works with my ipad I'll buy maybe in the summer).
    I've became very excited to see Cubasis 3 as a universal app, almost bought it but when I scrolled through the pages of the Audio Evolution Mobile Studio DAW thread, I realized that it must be as good as Cubasis 3 or even better just it's not being that much hype. The developer response speed and the fact that he listens to his users is something that seems to be better than Steinberg's approach so.
    Now, I know AEMS is better for the money BUT: Is it better for someone who doesn't consider price?
    Mainly I record guitar (Bias FX), would like to use a few virtual instruments, such as some nice drums for metal, cello, piano and things like these. Also I'm planning to explore synths. So midi editing is important to me.

Microsonic looks very attractive. How does AEMS instruments and effects compare to Cubasis 3's instruments and effects in terms of quality, quantity and parameter adjustments?

This is my first ever discussion (or comment) ever on this page, I'm new, but I'm having hard time to decide between this two DAW and I don't want regret my purchase (even though we can never be sure about apps until we try them).

Thank you!

You might want to look at Zenbeats. It’s universal and very good. It handles audio tracks really well, with time stretching etc...

• I’ve recently used both. I really like Audio Evolution it is always Rock Solid. That said my go to is Cubasis 3. I like the UI better, I like that I can add more effects in either track or sends mode than AE, I think the in house effects in CB3 are better for tweaking and saving your presets, and more diverse. I’m more comfortable the CB3’s Piano Roll, MIDI editor and Automation screen, but that’s a personal thing. The preloaded Drum parts, instruments, arppegiator are awesome to me.
    So you know my winner. But AE is a great choice too.

• edited January 2020

And if the built-in instruments in Cubasis do not meet your expectations, you could record some instruments like drums in the free GarageBand and bring them over into Cubasis :smile:

• edited January 2020

I second @gregsmith nomination of Roland Zenbeats in Universal DAW category.

In Zenbeats, the IAP store balance is portable across all platforms

• I own them all. That said I really like Cubasis 3. I’ve been using it exclusively for all my audio recording work. I’d consider myself a nanostudio 2 power user, but for audio, I really like Cubasis 3.