Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

my TOP 5 Synthesizer Apps 2019 | haQ attaQ

Here are my Top 5 favourite Synthesizer Apps from 2019! And one of my top picks will probably surprise recurrent haQ attaQ viewers.

Maybe I missed a few, but to me it seems like there were way less new synth apps released compared in 2019 to previous years. But hey, Im not complaining because I had an easier time doing my selection for this list. Check it out!

Do you agree with my choices? If not, then which were your favourites and why? I’m always interested in hearing good arguments for why musicians and producers likes or dislikes something.

haQ attaQ

Comments

• Great round up Jakob! Wait.. @jakoB_haQ is recommending a modular synth? What the.. you must be an imposter.. 😁

I think miRack has been an unexpected surprise for many on iOS.. I wouldn’t have thought that I’d be exploring modular either.. BUT miRack has definitely changed that.. SO much potential lurking within.. my best purchase of the year for sure..

Virtual ANS 3 is.. very unique.. pictures + brushes + painting = music? My brain is exploding.. It wasn’t really on my radar, but it is now.. thanks for pointing it out..
    I think Fractal Bits was a fantastic release.. absolutely amazing for random drum kits or percussion parts. I really like driving it with Playbeat.. random randomness x 10..

Picked up Shockwave immediately purely based on what I heard.. I don’t have a clue what I’m doing when I begin tweaking stuff.. BUT I love that.. it forces you to really explore the interface.. every knob, button + slider.. even the smallest of movements can have such a drastic affect on the sound.. it’s a thing of beauty!

Factory + LaGrange are on my short list of apps to pick up.. I’m having a hard time keeping up with the ones I already have.. too many options.. not enough time..

We are extremely lucky to have these sonic partners-in-crime on our iPads +iPhones.. it still amazes me!

• Appreciate the bid as always, @jakoB_haQ.

Also while I’m at it, thank you for the po-32 presets. Critical to my lo-fi stuff.

• @royor said:
    Great round up Jakob! Wait.. @jakoB_haQ is recommending a modular synth? What the.. you must be an imposter.. 😁

I think miRack has been an unexpected surprise for many on iOS.. I wouldn’t have thought that I’d be exploring modular either.. BUT miRack has definitely changed that.. SO much potential lurking within.. my best purchase of the year for sure..

Virtual ANS 3 is.. very unique.. pictures + brushes + painting = music? My brain is exploding.. It wasn’t really on my radar, but it is now.. thanks for pointing it out..
    I think Fractal Bits was a fantastic release.. absolutely amazing for random drum kits or percussion parts. I really like driving it with Playbeat.. random randomness x 10..

Picked up Shockwave immediately purely based on what I heard.. I don’t have a clue what I’m doing when I begin tweaking stuff.. BUT I love that.. it forces you to really explore the interface.. every knob, button + slider.. even the smallest of movements can have such a drastic affect on the sound.. it’s a thing of beauty!

Factory + LaGrange are on my short list of apps to pick up.. I’m having a hard time keeping up with the ones I already have.. too many options.. not enough time..

We are extremely lucky to have these sonic partners-in-crime on our iPads +iPhones.. it still amazes me!

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy reading what people really think when it comes to these things.

Btw, I think miRack changed a lot of minds about the modular (wiring) stuff. Personally I feel spoiled with that many modules. This thing even had me looking at getting a small hardware Eurorack box to put two or three modules in. I think something small like that in the studio could be a real inspiration to have.

• @YourJunk said:
    Appreciate the bid as always, @jakoB_haQ.

Also while I’m at it, thank you for the po-32 presets. Critical to my lo-fi stuff.

Thank you very much! I’m so happy you like my PO packs. Is there anyone you like the best?

• Great vid and love that you mentioned Pure Acid. Looking forward to your FX video.

Bad Man Ting!

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@YourJunk said:
    Appreciate the bid as always, @jakoB_haQ.

Thank you very much! I’m so happy you like my PO packs. Is there anyone you like the best?

I believe the dnb one is the one I’ve been using the most. I have it sampled onto my PO-33 and use it on just about every lo-fi song.

Most recent: