Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 Feature Request poll

edited January 2020 in General App Discussion

Hi there guys, hope you are all doing well.
I’ve just created a feature request poll in Cubasis 3 forum.
You can vote what you’d like to see in future updates and also comment what I missed.
You have the option to choose 2 items on the list
Here is the link.
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=300&t=179029
Have a blessed weekend

Comments

• @Paa89 said:
    You can vote what you’d like to see in future updates and also comment what I missed.
    Here is the link.
    Have a blessed weekend

that’s a great effort sir.. but i’m not sure about the functioning of it.. you can only select one item when 6 out of the 10 there are on my ‘must have’ agenda...
    or can you vote more than once?

• @Paa89 good idea, I just got my vote in. I think you meant to say Audio WARP instead of Audio Wrap. Thanks for creating this poll.

• Nice one, I’ve just voted.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    @Paa89 good idea, I just got my vote in. I think you meant to say Audio WARP instead of Audio Wrap. Thanks for creating this poll.

🤣🤣 thanks for the correction

• @BillS said:
    Nice one, I’ve just voted.

Thanks you very much

• @RockySmalls said:

@Paa89 said:
    Here is the link.
    Have a blessed weekend

that’s a great effort sir.. but i’m not sure about the functioning of it.. you can only select one item when 6 out of the 10 there are on my ‘must have’ agenda...
    or can you vote more than once?

My bad, I’ve just added option to choose 2 items

• Surely Link support should be in the mix?

Or is it just me?

• Search feature in Media Bay sections
    Audio and MIDI players with transport controls

• edited January 2020

“Zoom out only track selected. “

(...and somewhat related waveform display options: half height, summed stereo display.)

Audio editing! Audio editing! Audio editing!

Err, for now “BUGS! BUGS! BUGS!”

• @MobileMusic said:
    Search feature in Media Bay sections
    Audio and MIDI players with transport controls

Hi there, please go to the forum and put your request in as comment.😊

• @ltf3 said:
    Surely Link support should be in the mix?

Or is it just me?

Hi there.please go to the forum and put your request in as comment

• I voted none!
    Missing options are bug fixing and external midi CC support

• @MarcelX said:
    I voted none!
    Missing options are bug fixing and external midi CC support

Hi there, will try and edit it today and add the link option ☺️

• I just want an onboard DeEsser and AutoTune things.

• Is it possible to lock events on the timeline in Cubasis 3? Can’t do it in 2.8 that I can see!

• I just want to see the Cubasis 3 mini sampler get 'fixed' with an option to use any track as input when sampling...

Think of directly sampling AUv3's thru effects hosted on another track in Cubasis 3 or maybe even the microphone processed thru a bunch of effects for added fun ;)

Maybe we'll see 'drag'n'drop' of an Audio Event/File from the time line or files pop-over directly into the mini sampler without having to go thru an save to media-bay & import from media bay procedure...

It would also be fun to just drag samples / audio-events to a 'beat box' similar to Classic Machines (with added tuning options) considering that Classic Machines is already a 'sample player'...

Oh well, we have no idea what Steinberg are cooking but I do hope improved sample & audio manipulation is part of the fun...

• @Samu said:
    I just want to see the Cubasis 3 mini sampler get 'fixed' with an option to use any track as input when sampling...

Think of directly sampling AUv3's thru effects hosted on another track in Cubasis 3 or maybe even the microphone processed thru a bunch of effects for added fun ;)

Maybe we'll see 'drag'n'drop' of an Audio Event/File from the time line or files pop-over directly into the mini sampler without having to go thru an save to media-bay & import from media bay procedure...

It would also be fun to just drag samples / audio-events to a 'beat box' similar to Classic Machines (with added tuning options) considering that Classic Machines is already a 'sample player'...

Oh well, we have no idea what Steinberg are cooking but I do hope improved sample & audio manipulation is part of the fun...

So is it currently not possible to make custom instruments from scratch (i.e drum or keyboard samples) with the mini sampler?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    So is it currently not possible to make custom instruments from scratch (i.e drum or keyboard samples) with the mini sampler?

Correct, I have to use Cubasis 2 for that and then import the instruments...

• @Samu said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Ohhh...ok thanks for that. That’s a weird omission.

• @Paa89 said:
    Here is the link.
    Have a blessed weekend

Ahh. Repeat that poll here. Who has time and interest to subscribe in other forums :D

You will probably get more and maybe even better replies.... :)

• @Samu said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

I’m having some trouble with them showing up, what’s your method for importing them (when I hit import i can’t find it in the media bay)

• @tja said:

@Paa89 said:
    Here is the link.
    Have a blessed weekend

Ahh. Repeat that poll here. Who has time and interest to subscribe in other forums :D

You will probably get more and maybe even better replies.... :)

That’s a good idea. I think someone like @Samu should do it, seems like he says lots of things (“features” ) that people would love to see in Cubasis. @Samu would you please accept the invitation?🤣🤣

• @Paa89 said:
    @Samu would you please accept the invitation?🤣🤣

Invitation to where? :D

I already keep track on most of the forums and despise NDAs like the plague...
    Why should I limit my 'creative mind' to just one developers apps like DOH!

The things I point out are mostly things that have already been done but mostly not available on iOS.
    (Cubase SamplerTrack, Ableton Simpler with DrumRack, Serato Sample etc. etc.).

GarageBand already offers 'drag'n'drop' creation of sampler instruments
    (ie. drag an audio clip to a GB sampler track to create a sampler instrument).

Cubasis 3 has 'Classic Machines' that in practice are 'sample players'. Add an empty 'machine' and allow drag'n'drop from Files.app pop-over or any 'audio/midi-event' from Cubasis time-line...(If it's midi, render the event to audio).

Honestly it just feels that people on the Cubasis team are not huge fans of sample & clip based work-flows.
    (The MediaBay could for example include a tab with 'Project Clips' allowing easy drag'n'drop re-usage of recorded events to different parts & tracks of the arrangement).

Desktop Cubase offers 'Sampler Track' that would be an awesome IAP for Cubasis 3...

To me if I was a developer the AB forum is more or less like a 'candy store' for free R&D :)
    Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:
    @Samu would you please accept the invitation?🤣🤣

Invitation to where? :D

I already keep track on most of the forums and despise NDAs like the plague...
    Why should I limit my 'creative mind' to just one developers apps like DOH!

The things I point out are mostly things that have already been done but mostly not available on iOS.
    (Cubase SamplerTrack, Ableton Simpler with DrumRack, Serato Sample etc. etc.).

GarageBand already offers 'drag'n'drop' creation of sampler instruments
    (ie. drag an audio clip to a GB sampler track to create a sampler instrument).

Cubasis 3 has 'Classic Machines' that in practice are 'sample players'. Add an empty 'machine' and allow drag'n'drop from Files.app pop-over or any 'audio/midi-event' from Cubasis time-line...(If it's midi, render the event to audio).

Honestly it just feels that people on the Cubasis team are not huge fans of sample & clip based work-flows.
    (The MediaBay could for example include a tab with 'Project Clips' allowing easy drag'n'drop re-usage of recorded events to different parts & tracks of the arrangement).

Desktop Cubase offers 'Sampler Track' that would be an awesome IAP for Cubasis 3...

To me if I was a developer the AB forum is more or less like a 'candy store' for free R&D :)
    Cheers!

🤣🤣 I still think you should make the poll on this forum