Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS Multitrack Recording 24 channels Question

Quick question. I know we can multitrack 24 channels of audio in and out of as IOS device, my question is are they stereo or mono channels?. is it 24 stereo channels at one time? Im doing a video on a IOS audio interface that allows 24 tracks of usb audio.

Comments

• In my experience, for whatever that's worth, channels are channels. While tracks might be stereo or mono, a channel is just a single stream of audio, so stereo consumes two channels.

• @Shazamm said:
    Quick question. I know we can multitrack 24 channels of audio in and out of as IOS device, my question is are they stereo or mono channels?. is it 24 stereo channels at one time? Im doing a video on a IOS audio interface that allows 24 tracks of usb audio.

I may be completely wrong, but I don't think there is such a iOS limit.
    The amount of physical i/o recognised by your iDevice is down to your audio interface.
    The amount of simultaneous i/o handling is down to the hosts + write/read speed of your device (so it's a mix of RAM, CPU and storage amount)
    From my experience number of i/o always refers to mono channels.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@Shazamm said:

The amount of physical i/o recognised by your iDevice is down to your audio interface.
    The amount of simultaneous i/o handling is down to the hosts + write/read speed of your device (so it's a mix of RAM, CPU and storage amount)

its a limit Os IOS 24 channels of audio

• @0tolerance4silence said:

@Shazamm said:

Auria Pro was the first multitrack DAW I used on ipad and this was always there statement on Audio interfaces

• @Shazamm said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@Shazamm said:

Auria Pro was the first multitrack DAW I used on ipad and this was always there statement on Audio interfaces

My understanding of that description is that even though the iOS could handle a 32i/32o interface (which is USB limit rather than iOS), the limitation comes from the hardware aspect of (now considered aged) iDevice. Which is pretty impressive if it really can deliver that especially on iPad Air.
    So even though Auria will recognise all 32i/o it will only allow you to assign 24 of them. Like I said it's still impressive and my guess would be that it's a theoretical limit, rather than realistic. In reality I think even the latest iDevices would choke on even 16i/2o simultaneous channels.

• The behringer x32 does 24 in on iPad. So yes, 24 channels, mono being one channel, stereo being 2 channels.

Here it is in action from a few years ago

• @mrufino1 said:
    The behringer x32 does 24 in on iPad. So yes, 24 channels, mono being one channel, stereo being 2 channels.

Okay that makes sense thanks

• @Shazamm said:

@mrufino1 said:
    The behringer x32 does 24 in on iPad. So yes, 24 channels, mono being one channel, stereo being 2 channels.

Okay that makes sense thanks

You’re welcome. Looking forward to your video!