Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlitchCore - A work in progress Auv3 by Alex Matheu

Comments

• @royor said:
    I have absolutely NO IDEA what’s going on here.. BUT my ears are at full attention and want more.. awesome sounds!

@distraub said:
    Stria and RuisMaker Noir, both getting effected by GlitchCore

awesome :)

• @royor said:
    I have absolutely NO IDEA what’s going on here.. BUT my ears are at full attention and want more.. awesome sounds!

@distraub said:
    Stria and RuisMaker Noir, both getting effected by GlitchCore

I can explain a little on what is going on.

First the concept. This is an audio effect which effects audio on the channel you place it on. It keeps a 1 bar continuous buffer, which is used for to re-sequence the channel audio.

At the top the buttons are Loop, Sequence, Reverse, and Freeze, oh and a stand in icon (This used to be the Glitch Icon, but realized I didn't really need a Glitch Button, now it pulls up the settings. I plan on replacing it with a gear). Touching each button determines the mode.

Below the icons is the Glitch Strip touching it begins a really tiny micro loop where the playhead is, moving your the strip left and right changes the size of that micr loop or Glitch...

Below the Glitch Strip is a waveform that shows the buffer drawing in real time, and it also contains loop braces. You can move the loop braces by touching and dragging either the sides for moving them individually or the entire brace by touching and moving the arrow on top.

Below the waveform are the pattern buttons, touching one of the 8 buttons changes the sequence pattern.

Below the pattern buttons is the step grid, touching a grid square changes that step in the sequence. x axis are the timing of when they will be played 1-16, y axis determines which step it will play 1-16 (location sixteenths in the waveform).

Hopefully that gives a good overview, maybe I will take this text and use it to begin the user guide

• edited February 2020

@distraub
    Any chance the 1bar buffer can be increased?

Edit: is there a significant latency attached? Is it compensated in AUM?

• edited February 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @distraub

I had initially played around with that idea, but decided against it, because the buffer has to be filled with audio when the sequencer steps move into the future (which is the past until the buffer cycles past that point). While it is technically possible the ramifications of doing that would make the experience a little bit worse. I may revisit that, but for now it is a 1 bar buffer.

Think of the buffer as a sliding window of audio, and if you have your loop braces set and are looping, you will hear the changes in audio as the audio changes in that spot.

• @distraub said:

@iammane said:
    Oh god soon I hope...

Oh also, was wondering, what parameters are exposed to AU host???

I am exposing AU Parameters for all of the controls :
    on/off for Loop, Sequence, Glitch, Reverse, Freeze
    values for : Loop Start, Loop End, Glitch Length
    values for the steps in the sequence
    a parameter for which sequence to change to
    I also started adding prefab parameters for sequence 1 - 8 so that you can assign a note on/off to trigger a sequence change.

Oh - my - lord haha.... This is going to be a very heavily used piece in my arsenal. Baited breath.

• @distraub said:

@distraub

I had initially played around with that idea, but decided against it, because the buffer has to be filled with audio when the sequencer steps move into the future (which is the past until the buffer cycles past that point). While it is technically possible the ramifications of doing that would make the experience a little bit worse. I may revisit that, but for now it is a 1 bar buffer.

Think of the buffer as a sliding window of audio, and if you have your loop braces set and are looping, you will hear the changes in audio as the audio changes in that spot.

I'm not sure I follow...
    Does it mean sending in a 8 bar loop (or realtime audio) you can rearrange the previous bar at all time while doing the rest of your performance on the current bar?

Is the any significant latency attached? Is it compensated in AUM?

Thanks for explaining all this!

• Do you plan on doing a demo tutorial when it’s dropped? Or maybe send it to @thesoundtestroom to demo?

• Sounds great. Very musical.

• @0tolerance4silence said:

I'm not sure I follow...
    Does it mean sending in a 8 bar loop (or realtime audio) you can rearrange the previous bar at all time while doing the rest of your performance on the current bar?

The bar is locked to the host, meaning that while the host is playing it will restart the capture at the beginning of the buffer. If you send an 8 bar loop through it, and for example you had the sequencer playing the first 4 sixteenths 4 times, then it would play the first 4 sixteenths 4 times of bar 1, then first 4 of bar 2, and so on. I hope that clarifies it.

No detectable latency, it is writing directly to the buffer, and placing that audio back in the output, without any heavy processing,

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Do you plan on doing a demo tutorial when it’s dropped? Or maybe send it to @thesoundtestroom to demo?

Oh definitely, I would love to send it to Doug for a demo when it is ready.

• Very cool

@distraub said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    Do you plan on doing a demo tutorial when it’s dropped? Or maybe send it to @thesoundtestroom to demo?

Oh definitely, I would love to send it to Doug for a demo when it is ready.

• @audiblevideo said:
    My head is trying to work out how much glorious patterned noise I could get between this app and @JamMaestro s new bit crusher.

I was just thinking that myself, adding in GlitchBreaks and Pure Acid to the mix.

• @distraub Thanks for demystifying the mystifying.. and yes, I think you now have yourself a user guide..

@distraub said:
    I can explain a little on what is going on.

First the concept. This is an audio effect which effects audio on the channel you place it on. It keeps a 1 bar continuous buffer, which is used for to re-sequence the channel audio.

At the top the buttons are Loop, Sequence, Reverse, and Freeze, oh and a stand in icon (This used to be the Glitch Icon, but realized I didn't really need a Glitch Button, now it pulls up the settings. I plan on replacing it with a gear). Touching each button determines the mode.

Below the icons is the Glitch Strip touching it begins a really tiny micro loop where the playhead is, moving your the strip left and right changes the size of that micr loop or Glitch...

Below the Glitch Strip is a waveform that shows the buffer drawing in real time, and it also contains loop braces. You can move the loop braces by touching and dragging either the sides for moving them individually or the entire brace by touching and moving the arrow on top.

Below the waveform are the pattern buttons, touching one of the 8 buttons changes the sequence pattern.

Below the pattern buttons is the step grid, touching a grid square changes that step in the sequence. x axis are the timing of when they will be played 1-16, y axis determines which step it will play 1-16 (location sixteenths in the waveform).

Hopefully that gives a good overview, maybe I will take this text and use it to begin the user guide

• @royor said:
    @distraub Thanks for demystifying the mystifying.. and yes, I think you now have yourself a user guide..

You're welcome :smiley:

• @distraub said:

This is like that time I had mushrooms and worked out that slipping between realities is what causes deja vu.

• @distraub said:

I'm not sure I follow...

The bar is locked to the host, meaning that while the host is playing it will restart the capture at the beginning of the buffer. If you send an 8 bar loop through it, and for example you had the sequencer playing the first 4 sixteenths 4 times, then it would play the first 4 sixteenths 4 times of bar 1, then first 4 of bar 2, and so on. I hope that clarifies it.

No detectable latency, it is writing directly to the buffer, and placing that audio back in the output, without any heavy processing,

Ooohyeah!!!
    Thanks again, can't wait!

• GlitchCore is now I in beta, if you are interested in participating, please DM me your Apple ID and First and Last name.

• @distraub said:
    GlitchCore is now I in beta, if you are interested in participating, please DM me your Apple ID and First and Last name.

Great !!!

• @distraub
    Are you ok with posting stuff here or should everything go to your email?

• edited February 2020

I would rather keep feedback on issues, bugs etc via email so I can keep track of them, and squash them. Universal praise and awesomeness of course is welcome here ;)

• I’ve never tested anything before / I just make noise :)

@distraub said:
    GlitchCore is now I in beta, if you are interested in participating, please DM me your Apple ID and First and Last name.

• I have no idea what I’m doing yet but I instantly liked reverse playback.

https://streamable.com/0rt92

• edited February 2020

• @skiphunt - please see his quote below

@distraub said:
    I would rather keep feedback on issues, bugs etc via email so I can keep track of them, and squash them. Universal praise and awesomeness of course is welcome here ;)

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    @skiphunt - please see his quote below

@distraub said:

Oh. Misread it the other way. Emailed

• Thanks everyone for all of your beta participation submissions, group 1 is now full. If more spots open up I will post again here.

• @audiblevideo said:
    My head is trying to work out how much glorious patterned noise I could get between this app and @JamMaestro s new bit crusher.

'Patterned noise' is definitely closer to the description rather that music haha - at least when pushed to its absolute limits!

App looks really slick btw Alex!

• Ah this thread is back on top. How are things looking? Any eta for release? This is such a big year so far for some really awesome releases, so exciting

• @JamMaestro said:

App looks really slick btw Alex!

Thank you!

@iammane said:
    Ah this thread is back on top. How are things looking? Any eta for release? This is such a big year so far for some really awesome releases, so exciting

It is in beta and working hard to iron out any kinks in it, the beta team has been great. I can't give an exact ETA yet but I can say it is weeks rather than months. I am desperately fighting to the urge for feature creep to push the date out further.

• @distraub said:

@iammane said:
    Ah this thread is back on top. How are things looking? Any eta for release? This is such a big year so far for some really awesome releases, so exciting

It is in beta and working hard to iron out any kinks in it, the beta team has been great. I can't give an exact ETA yet but I can say it is weeks rather than months. I am desperately fighting to the urge for feature creep to push the date out further.

Awesome!!