Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlitchCore - A work in progress Auv3 by Alex Matheu

Comments

• @distraub said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Is the pattern change manual or can it be sequened by midi Cc or something?

The pattern changes are AU Parameters so can be sequenced via midi CC, I am also going to make each pattern have a discreet parameter trigger so you can change them by sending a note or map them to drum pads.

Oh man. Kind of what I figured, this is pretty incredible

• This looks great, I have both sliver and glitch breaks but never got to grips with them, there’s probably a tutorial that I could follow but this looks like I wouldn’t need one 👌

• edited February 2020

The last GlitchCore AU was video showing off patterns on some beats, so I was asked to show it off on a synth. I chose Bleass Alpha for this and created a nice rhythmic pattern driven by Fugue Machine.

• @distraub said:
    The last GlitchCore AU was video showing off patterns on some beats, so I was asked to show it off on a synth. I chose Bleass Alpha for this and created a nice rhythmic pattern driven by Fugue Machine.

Good god.

• @distraub Could you kindly indulge us with using this on an amen break?? please please please please :#

• @iammane said:
    @distraub Could you kindly indulge us with using this on an amen break?? please please please please :#

I will ok the next video :) I think I have eaten my video spam quota for now though :smiley:

• @distraub said:

@iammane said:
    @distraub Could you kindly indulge us with using this on an amen break?? please please please please :#

I will ok the next video :) I think I have eaten my video spam quota for now though :smiley:

Lawdyyy lawdddd haha, I’m not feeling spammed at all here haha. I will wait with baited breath though

• I'm watching this thread as much as the Drambo thread now.

• @drcongo said:
    I'm watching this thread as much as the Drambo thread now.

New personal record: 2.1k posts not read.

• @iammane said:

@distraub said:

Good god.

It’s full of stars...

• @distraub said:
    I have another GlitchCore AU video to share. I have been making more progress, and have implemented pattern switching direct into the interface instead of just from a preset. This one shows off effecting a channel that has the excellent Ruismaker FM drum synth from Bram Bos, which is being driven by Rozeta Rhythm

woah, that’s the stuff my early hours waking dreams are made of
    (in lieu of no longer having the time/inclination to push midi squares ad infinitum)

• My head is trying to work out how much glorious patterned noise I could get between this app and @JamMaestro s new bit crusher.

• edited February 2020

@iammane said:

I recorded that video just now with the Amen Break :)

• edited February 2020

You and @JamMaestro should make a baby AU fx app. This combined with https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37089/bit-maestro-preview-of-my-new-auv3-bit-crusher/p1 with a step sequencer, big yum!

• @distraub said:

@iammane said:

Ohhhhh lord lol, I hope the wait isn’t too much longer haha. Like many here I’m a long time Glitch user so this is pretty exciting! Also love that it looks totally usable on the phone

• @iammane said:

@distraub said:

@iammane said:

Ohhhhh lord lol, I hope the wait isn’t too much longer haha. Like many here I’m a long time Glitch user so this is pretty exciting! Also love that it looks totally usable on the phone

That was one of my main focuses, making it scale properly, so it can be a great experience on an iPhone. I have an 11 pro max and the speed of this phone destroys my gen 1 iPad Pro, so I tend to sketch a lot out on it. I find that I am a lot more likely to buy an app that is universal because of that.

• I am back with a couple more videos, First one is just Stria and the.n the second Stria and RuisMaker Noir, both getting effected by GlitchCore

• @alecsbuga now your just being a glitch-tease. ;)

• Can’t wait to smack my glitch up!

• @audiblevideo said:
    @alecsbuga now your just being a glitch-tease. ;)

I am happy I can be of service :)

• I have absolutely NO IDEA what’s going on here.. BUT my ears are at full attention and want more.. awesome sounds!

@distraub said:
    Stria and RuisMaker Noir, both getting effected by GlitchCore

• edited February 2020

Oh god soon I hope...

Oh also, was wondering, what parameters are exposed to AU host???

• Please take my money!

• hurr durr I’m gonna need this ASAP boss!

• @distraub
    Very nice!
    Can all these gestures be automated?
    Ooooor maybe a built in motion seq in the future? :)

• @iammane said:
    Oh god soon I hope...

Oh also, was wondering, what parameters are exposed to AU host???

I am exposing AU Parameters for all of the controls :
    on/off for Loop, Sequence, Glitch, Reverse, Freeze
    values for : Loop Start, Loop End, Glitch Length
    values for the steps in the sequence
    a parameter for which sequence to change to
    I also started adding prefab parameters for sequence 1 - 8 so that you can assign a note on/off to trigger a sequence change.

• Can't wait for this to land.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @distraub
    Very nice!

I am exposing a lot of AU Parameters so that everything you can do with the controls can be automated.
    Not sure about building in a motion sequencer since it is an effect which typically listens to AU Parameters for the changes, but the AU that I am working on next, will have a motion sequencer similar to what is in Sliver.

• @distraub said:

@0tolerance4silence said:
    @distraub
    Very nice!

I am exposing a lot of AU Parameters so that everything you can do with the controls can be automated.
    Not sure about building in a motion sequencer since it is an effect which typically listens to AU Parameters for the changes, but the AU that I am working on next, will have a motion sequencer similar to what is in Sliver.

Thanks,
    Yep, if controls are exposed for automation that’s the best universal solution.
    Some apps, heavily reliant on touch may benefit from motion seq. ATM only guessing the nuances of this beauty.
    Looking forward to this and whatever you planning next :)
    ETA? :)