Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GlitchCore - A work in progress Auv3 by Alex Matheu

191011121315»

Comments

• @aplourde said:

@robosardine said:
    Has anyone managed to get on top of this lag with the sync host yet? I can’t get anything to work. If I am playing a one bar loop linked with the host (AUM) that has a couple of bass drums at the start and little else going on - they don’t appear in the grid until positions 12 & 13.
    I have tried emptying it and restarting the host but nothing is working. Even when it is empty of any audio you can see the Glitchcore little red line is running behind AUM’s red line out of sync.
    Has anyone managed it?
    Can something maybe be done with the audio freeze helping out @distraub? Like if the audio is frozen can the timelines be more easily matched? Or could you please put up a video of how you are doing it if I am missing something?
    It’s still a fantastic app (one of my absolute go to’s) and there are workarounds - I’m just wondering if anyone has managed to sync up these little red lines. Being able to do this would be great - It’s a bit like watching the end of a horse race over and over at the moment 😀

This is what seems to be happening:

If AUM is the only Link app running, it won't have a constant running Link cycle, so it will start when you press play and GlitchCore will be in sync, with the one in GlitchCore happening with the one in AUM.

However, if AUM is not the only Link app running, AUM will be monitoring the Link cycle and start when the Link cycle goes to one. This seems to confuse GlitchCore as its buffer keeps cycling, so when AUM starts, GlitchCore can be at some arbitrary point in its cycle.

However, GlitchCore will, during the first loop, re-sync so the quarter notes are aligned; they just might not be matching 1 for 1. E.g. Beat 1 in AUM might be beat 3 in GlitchCore.

Right, thanks very much - I think I get it. I tried it in Audiobus with a few linked apps and it was the same outcome. So you are saying that it is possible to get it to play in time but not in sync. The upshot is that it is not possible to reliably sync GlitchCore to any host - that is correct?

• @aplourde said:

@robosardine said:
    Has anyone managed to get on top of this lag with the sync host yet? I can’t get anything to work. If I am playing a one bar loop linked with the host (AUM) that has a couple of bass drums at the start and little else going on - they don’t appear in the grid until positions 12 & 13.
    I have tried emptying it and restarting the host but nothing is working. Even when it is empty of any audio you can see the Glitchcore little red line is running behind AUM’s red line out of sync.
    Has anyone managed it?
    Can something maybe be done with the audio freeze helping out @distraub? Like if the audio is frozen can the timelines be more easily matched? Or could you please put up a video of how you are doing it if I am missing something?
    It’s still a fantastic app (one of my absolute go to’s) and there are workarounds - I’m just wondering if anyone has managed to sync up these little red lines. Being able to do this would be great - It’s a bit like watching the end of a horse race over and over at the moment 😀

This is what seems to be happening:

If AUM is the only Link app running, it won't have a constant running Link cycle, so it will start when you press play and GlitchCore will be in sync, with the one in GlitchCore happening with the one in AUM.

However, if AUM is not the only Link app running, AUM will be monitoring the Link cycle and start when the Link cycle goes to one. This seems to confuse GlitchCore as its buffer keeps cycling, so when AUM starts, GlitchCore can be at some arbitrary point in its cycle.

However, GlitchCore will, during the first loop, re-sync so the quarter notes are aligned; they just might not be matching 1 for 1. E.g. Beat 1 in AUM might be beat 3 in GlitchCore.

Thanks for that, I was trying to replicate but was not using Ableton Link, and wasn't getting GC out of time. I will investigate AUM synced to Link, and another app, and see what messages GC is getting, that keep it from re-syncing.

Thank you,
    Alex

• edited July 2020

Sent you a DM but I think this is my issue too, when link is on in AUM GC will not sync.