Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster player won’t open

Air 2 with latest iPad os 13.3. SMP would not open before today’s latest update and still won’t open after updating. I’m talking about the stand alone version and AU. Standalone never opens and AU will open but crashes when trying to find presets.

I think all of this may be iOS 13 related as todays latest version of SMP opens fine on my iPhone 6 which is stuck at iOS 12.4.4.

Comments

• edited January 2020

synthmaster player runs on my Air2, SynthMaster One doesn’t at all

• FYI I didn’t update to the latest update, I probably won’t gamble with it

• FWIW - On my Air 1 and iPhone 6 iOS 12.4.4 with a fresh install of SM1 and SMP...

SM1 starts loading and then crashes to the home screen. Tap SM1 icon and the same thing happens but I get Notifications message. Go to home screen and tap SM1 again and it starts up. After that it starts up first time, every time.

SMP starts up and runs as expected.

On my iPad 2019 under iOS 13.3 everything works as expected.

• @yowza said:
    Air 2 with latest iPad os 13.3. SMP would not open before today’s latest update and still won’t open after updating. I’m talking about the stand alone version and AU. Standalone never opens and AU will open but crashes when trying to find presets.

I think all of this may be iOS 13 related as todays latest version of SMP opens fine on my iPhone 6 which is stuck at iOS 12.4.4.

I'd recommend contacting the developer.

@kv331audio_bulent

• can you please send us some crash logs from your device?
    The files are located at settings > privacy > analytics > analytics data, please send a few of the recent files starting with name SMPlayer

you can send them to info (at) kv331audio.com

Thanks!

@yowza said:

• I’m also having problems with it crashing, also it no longer works with silent mode on like it used too.

• @Bloodline said:
    I’m also having problems with it crashing, also it no longer works with silent mode on like it used too.

I recommend letting them know at

info (at) kv331audio.com

• @Bloodline said:
    I’m also having problems with it crashing, also it no longer works with silent mode on like it used too.

Solved the silent mode problem, the update had switched off background audio in SynthMaster settings

• Mine was working fine until I did the update. I had a project in Beatmaker 3 with Synth Master Player as an auv3. I’ve opened the project multiple times this week and everything was fine each time. I did the update today and went to open my project to do a mix down and now when the synth plays it sounds out of tune. The particular preset that I was using was Key Wavetable FN. It’s like the update made me get the detune problem, which I didn’t have before. Also, I did the other update that was released a little while after the first one and still not working right. Now I’m not sure what to do? I have tried to just play the part over and re record it, but it doesn’t sound right. The patch was changed or something. I also noticed that SynthMaster one is screwed up now after updating it. Very very frustrating.

• If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I really need to mix this song down and get it to someone waiting for it.

• I had issues with crashes but they are gone after @lbiyikoglu quickly updated the app to 1.1.12.

I am on iPad 2018, iPadOS 13.3.

• edited January 2020

@Brad said:
    Mine was working fine until I did the update. I had a project in Beatmaker 3 with Synth Master Player as an auv3. I’ve opened the project multiple times this week and everything was fine each time. I did the update today and went to open my project to do a mix down and now when the synth plays it sounds out of tune. The particular preset that I was using was Key Wavetable FN. It’s like the update made me get the detune problem, which I didn’t have before. Also, I did the other update that was released a little while after the first one and still not working right. Now I’m not sure what to do? I have tried to just play the part over and re record it, but it doesn’t sound right. The patch was changed or something. I also noticed that SynthMaster one is screwed up now after updating it. Very very frustrating.

How does it sound in standalone mode?

Have you tried it as AU inside any other DAW?

• @MobileMusic said:

@Brad said:
    Mine was working fine until I did the update. I had a project in Beatmaker 3 with Synth Master Player as an auv3. I’ve opened the project multiple times this week and everything was fine each time. I did the update today and went to open my project to do a mix down and now when the synth plays it sounds out of tune. The particular preset that I was using was Key Wavetable FN. It’s like the update made me get the detune problem, which I didn’t have before. Also, I did the other update that was released a little while after the first one and still not working right. Now I’m not sure what to do? I have tried to just play the part over and re record it, but it doesn’t sound right. The patch was changed or something. I also noticed that SynthMaster one is screwed up now after updating it. Very very frustrating.

Here is how it sounds in standalone- latest version - no crashes on 11” Pro

Check Mod wheel

• However, I see after downloading a preset bank, it says “Preset bank could not be loaded” and no presets are seen for the download.

Also, it would be ideal to just be able to download all the purchases with one tap instead of downloading each library individually which saves time waiting for it to finish downloading each library and clicking download on next library manually as there are many libraries.

• edited January 2020

@MobileMusic said:

It sounds the same in stand alone or inside as auv3. I haven’t tried it in another daw, but I’m pretty sure that’s not going to change anything.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Here is how it sounds in standalone- latest version - no crashes on 11” Pro

Check Mod wheel

I might just make a video tomorrow and play the song in Beatmaker 3 as it sounds now (messed up) and then play the stereo file I made of it before the update. That way people will see what I’m talking about.

I had mixed the beat and played it in my car and a few other places to see how the mix sounded. So I do have a copy of it before it got messed up. I had made some tweaks to the mix, then did the update like an idiot and now I can’t send the finished project to anyone because of the sound.

• edited January 2020

• @MobileMusic said:
    However, I see after downloading a preset bank, it says “Preset bank could not be loaded” and no presets are seen for the download.

Also, it would be ideal to just be able to download all the purchases with one tap instead of downloading each library individually which saves time waiting for it to finish downloading each library and clicking download on next library manually as there are many libraries.

@lbiyikoglu

While downloading libraries, do not overwrite Favorites.