Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

Comments

• «I don't see how this and EG Slicer can't co-exist; also, you can choose what to buy»

Namely, this is my problem, I expected something similar to serato. But this product is not for me, I do not welcome such a business model, I see it as a form of subscription, which is fundamentally unacceptable to me.
    Well, in Novation you can still upload your stuff.

• edited June 2020

OK...this thing is pretty slick. Love the Sample Pack just on its own. I dove in and here's a little taste of what it's like.

Here's a little 5 minute spin of the app. Thanks for watching :)
    Drambo+Chomplr in AUM (of course):

For what it's worth it's starts feeling really nice around the 5minute mark :)

• @echoopera said:
    OK...this thing is pretty slick. Love the Sample Pack just on its own. I dove in and here's a little taste of what it's like.

Here's a little 5 minute spin of the app. Thanks for watching :)
    Drambo+Chomplr in AUM (of course):

For what it's worth it's starts feeling really nice around the 5minute mark :)

Thanks for the demo, it does look useful and the samples sound great. So is it confirmed there’s no sample import? I can get over that since their library is so incredible but it would be nice.

• For $5 and with $1 iaps, it doesn’t seem like a bad deal at all. It’s not something I would use as I have a sampler but could be nice if you want that specific sound.

• @Fingolfinzzz Doesn't look like there's a Sample Import in there...but I look @ this so far like BlocsWave and Arcade from Output...a really straight forward way to play some really great Samples from some awesome sounding Sample Packs...

It's really fun to play...and that's an A+ in my book :)

• Just keeping the link within reach.
    👍🏻

• I think it would be better if both of these apps were to have their own sequencer... all nicely self contained

• edited June 2020

@robosardine said:
    I think it would be better if both of these apps were to have their own sequencer... all nicely self contained

I don't think that's what the app is. It's a Sampler...not a sequencer. You load up samples and play it and sequence it via your DAW or Sequencer of choice.

I think they spent their energy in the right place. High quality Samples with a no nonsense playback workflow. The app fits in nicely to anyones preferred workflow...BM3, Cubasis, Drambo+AUM, GarageBand, NS2...et al.

Just my humble opinion of course after testing it out and having a lot of fun.

• For drum sampler / sequencer, see EG Pulse or Poly 2. You can add slices in EG Pulse very easily.

• edited June 2020

EDIT: Praise deleted (sure its fun)

Reloading my session in BM3 or NS2 has the wrong presets loaded.

• @AudioGus said:
    EDIT: Praise deleted.

One of these days somebody sensible needs to write a simple beta tester’s guide to QA testing AUv3 plugins.

And it should definitely include ‘Does the plugin reliably recall full plugin state correctly in all major hosts’

• @tk32 said:

@AudioGus said:

One of these days somebody sensible needs to write a simple beta tester’s guide to QA testing AUv3 plugins.

And it should definitely include ‘Does the plugin reliably recall full plugin state correctly in all major hosts’

Yah looks like one of those classic day one ‘whoops’ resubmits.

It will be fun when it is working. Now my eternal dilemma of NS2 or BM3 continues.

• edited June 2020

This is quality samples. I bought already two packs and they sound good (only 5 samples per pack but long and good one)

Some problems:
    1. When hosted in AUM (as an AU), sound freeze when switching to another app (huge problem for me as I cannot switch to a IAA app (Blocs wave for example)
    2. No pitch shifting. You can change the pitch but your track will accelerate...
    3. No true polyphony (aouch!!)
    4. 1.3Gb is with all packs included. It takes place on your device but you cannot access them as long as you haven't bought them. Not a big deal for me as I have a 512gb pro.

It is a good app anyway

• @cuscolima said:
    This is quality samples. I bought already two packs and they sound good (only 5 samples per pack but long and good one)

Some problems:
    1. When hosted in AUM (as an AU), sound freeze when switching to another app (huge problem for me as I cannot switch to a IAA app (Blocs wave for example)
    2. No pitch shifting. You can change the pitch but your track will accelerate...
    4. 1.3Gb is with all packs included. It takes place on your device but you cannot access them as long as you haven't bought them. Not a big deal for me as I have a 512gb pro.

It is a good app anyway

How is the variety in the samples/packs?
    It seems that it is geared toward a certain genre, possibly?

• @tk32 said:

@AudioGus said:

Yeah, it is a very easy way to see that non of the testers were actually making projects with it in.

• Sometimes things can get messed up at the final hours, especially if you have to resubmit some quick changes.

• @cuscolima said:

Some problems:

It is a good app anyway

Seems like a worse Abu Dhabi from gadget.

• Hmm, pre-downloading unusable content is a big no-no.

• @echoopera said:

@robosardine said:
    I think it would be better if both of these apps were to have their own sequencer... all nicely self contained

I don't think that's what the app is. It's a Sampler...not a sequencer. You load up samples and play it and sequence it via your DAW or Sequencer of choice.

I think they spent their energy in the right place. High quality Samples with a no nonsense playback workflow. The app fits in nicely to anyones preferred workflow...BM3, Cubasis, Drambo+AUM, GarageBand, NS2...et al.

Yes got you it’s not a sequencer - because it doesn’t have a sequencer! 😀 - Unlike Egoist or Sampler or Werkbench or Triqtraq and al the rest of it. They are samplers with their own sequencer. That’s just my preference - and so it doesn’t fit into my preferred workflow and I’m sure I’m not the only one either. I’m glad you are enjoying it though, it’s good when you get an app and get results off the bat.

• @robosardine said:

@echoopera said:

@robosardine said:

Yes got you it’s not a sequencer - because it doesn’t have a sequencer! 😀 - Unlike Egoist or Sampler or Werkbench or Triqtraq and al the rest of it. They are samplers with their own sequencer. That’s just my preference - and so it doesn’t fit into my preferred workflow and I’m sure I’m not the only one either. I’m glad you are enjoying it though, it’s good when you get an app and get results off the bat.

Yup...we have an embarrassment of riches on the iOS platform these days :)

• But can I make industrial madness with the samples within?

• Not for me with no sample import, the whole idea of a rompler sample slicer leaves me cold.
    If import is added later I would be tempted but I imagine by that point I’ll be a sEGments user.

• edited June 2020

It could use some work but I’m able to use it to create my own loops from the material. I was using it with Drambo to get loops and then load into Drambo. I do hope they end up updating with sample import but the samples are good and it provides a lot of material for resampling. It’s great for lofi material. Apologies for the lagginess and don’t mind the cpu, I’m on an air 1 still

• edited June 2020

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    It could use some work but I’m able to use it to create my own loops from the material. I was using it with Drambo to get loops and then load into Drambo. I do hope they end up updating with sample import but the samples are good and it provides a lot of material for resampling. It’s great for lofi material. Apologies for the lagginess and don’t mind the cpu, I’m on an air 1 still

Nice...it's like radioactive House Music :) Too fun!

• Any option to save samples to flash drive?

• @auxmux said:
    Hmm, pre-downloading unusable content is a big no-no.

This. Seriously. What’s the thinking behind that? Why would I waste storage space on stuff I won’t, and can’t, use?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@auxmux said:

This. Seriously. What’s the thinking behind that? Why would I waste storage space on stuff I won’t, and can’t, use?

Teoricamente you could use the samples.
    If you have Cubasis for example, you can just freeze the track without slices and have the full sample at hand.
    You could do this with any other DAW.

• @Paa89 said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@auxmux said:

Teoricamente you could use the samples.
    If you have Cubasis for example, you can just freeze the track without slices and have the full sample at hand.es
    You could do this with any other DAW.

My understanding is that the full sample set comes pre-loaded but needs to be unlocked. So if I don’t like a specific set, it’ll still sit on my device, unlike Blocs Wave, where samples only get downloaded once I pay for them.

If this understanding is incorrect, mea culpa.