Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

Comments

• edited June 2020

No import, crap. If true, I’ll probably be looking at new EG one then.... but let’s wait and see...

• BM3 has a pretty great sampler!!!! There now BM3 is in this thread too. You’re happy now @AudioGus :D :D

• @AudioGus said:

@DCJ said:
    Every thread eventually becomes a Drambo thread. The gift that keeps on giving. :D

I remember back in my day when every thread became about the BM3, consarnit.

Yeah. But that was different. We didn’t know how to get rid of Taco Thursday now we do 😬

Yess. Full Circle.

• @AudioGus said:
    :(

I’m with you mate. Sorry if that didn’t come across. I want nothing but good to come from the apps we love and use every day. 💕💕💕

• If it’s free to download and I can manipulate the absolute shit out of the samples, I guess I’ll bite since MSXII does have a pretty incredible sample library but it’s looking like the app from EG is going to be where it’s at

• Ya'll are like a bunch of teething babies. Love you still.

• Hey, fam, too bad you didn’t like our app and the way we do things, because the way we do things is the correct way, fam, so hang on a sec and let me patronize you a little more.

-these developers on these forums after their last 2 crappy releases

• @echoopera said:
    @Ailerom Well all that matters is which Pill you took. The Color of The Pill determines everything Neo....err...I mean Ailerom...or is it MoreLia ?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking me. What is MoreLia?

• @Ailerom said:

@echoopera said:
    @Ailerom Well all that matters is which Pill you took. The Color of The Pill determines everything Neo....err...I mean Ailerom...or is it MoreLia ?

It could be your user name spelled backwards.

• @Paulinko said:

@Ailerom said:

@echoopera said:

It could be your user name spelled backwards.

Thanks, I saw that but thought there must be something more to it because of the strategic upper case L. It's probably nothing but if there is a genuine question in there I'd be happy to answer it.

• It’s out?!? Or not? Or what? Hmm 🤔

• No sign here in Italian AppStore😋

• edited June 2020

I hope its fake news that there would be no sample import which would render it totally useless (for me at least).
    All these tiny freemium plus IAP apps are what makes iOS music apps let me shudder often.
    Yeah, Drambo any day then. Then i wait a few months for Logic ARM/iOS which gives you everything and more plus 1000´s of really good loops and samples.
    I hope this thing is just not another hyped ripoff.

• @hansjbs said:
    BM3 has a pretty great sampler!!!! There now BM3 is in this thread too. You’re happy now @AudioGus :D :D

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:
    :(

I’m with you mate. Sorry if that didn’t come across. I want nothing but good to come from the apps we love and use every day. 💕💕💕

Aww, it’s all good. :heart: Yah, just getting back into the old BM3 now after taking a little NS2 break and then being swamped with work. Heck, going through my old BM3 tunes I may even get something out of adding this new fandangled Chomplr. It seems I can’t bring myself to boot up the desktop outside of backing up iOS and managing my files without thinking about work so maybe this convenient AU sample library hookup will be nice for a bit, price pending.

• Two days in review?

• edited June 2020

@Charlesalbert said:
    Two days in review?

24-48 hours is the apparent average and you may have to resubmit of course.

• Probably cancelled the release to add sample import lol.

• edited June 2020

@Turntablist said:
    Probably cancelled the release to add sample import lol.

“Cough... huh? there all the time...”

• @AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:

Cough... huh? there all the time...

Nah...

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:

Nah...

No I mean, they quickly shove it in and resubmit, its a week late and... ahh never-mind

• @AudioGus said:

@RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:

Nah...

No I mean, they quickly shove it in and resubmit, its a week late and... ahh never-mind

People power? They could have still released it and charge an inApp for sample import.... if that is the case...

Anyway, I waiting ....

• I sincerely hope there are drum pads and not just keyboard layout.

• a little off topic, but does anyone know what midi keyboard he was using in the demo videos on the website?

• edited June 2020

i’m a little surprised none of the beta testers have come out to defend this app here on the forum.

I’m sure this app will still find an audience and make a ton of money - even without sample import - it’s just that that target audience is no longer me :(

I have too many reservations about the limits of this app, and I’m surprised these weren’t picked up during development/testing. Such as..

1. Is there really no sample import/export?
    2. Why is there no pad view/mode?
    3. Can it only load one waveform per instance of the plugin?
    4. If it’s a rompler there are probably limits on how much the sources can be ‘chomped’. for example, can I trim samples?
    5. Can I save presets?
    6. What is the RAM use like?
    7. What parameters can be automated?
    8. Can I change the release mode from one-shot to hold?
    9. Is that ‘Data’ fader the only way I cam modify parameters? what about precise values?
    10. Can I zoom the waveform? if so, will this change the range of the data slider to be more precise? (i.e. for selecting the slice start/end markers)
    11. Is it monophonic only?
  • @tk32 said:
    i’m a little surprised none of the beta testers have come out to defend this app here on the forum.

I’m sure this app will still find an audience and make a ton of money - even without sample import - it’s just that that target audience is no longer me :(

I have too many reservations about the limits of this app, and I’m surprised these weren’t picked up during development/testing. Such as..

4. If it’s a rompler there are probably limits on how much the sources can be ‘chomped’. for example, can I trim samples?
    5. Can I save presets?
    9. Is that ‘Data’ fader the only way I cam modify parameters? what about precise values?
    10. Can I zoom the waveform? if so, will this change the range of the data slider to be more precise?

Maybe tomorrow we will know 🤘

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tk32 said:

5. Can I save presets?
    10. Can I zoom the waveform? if so, will this change the range of the data slider to be more precise? (i.e. for selecting the slice start/end markers)

Man why come in here and drop all this common sense?? Can you see there’s sharks in the water here!!! 😂😂😂