Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chomplr - MSXII Sound Design Is working on something new.

Comments

• edited June 2020

(new context)

• Are they serious? So this app skipped and I’ll go full for EG SLICER (if this will be the name😂)

• Long live Drambo 😍

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Are they serious? So this app skipped and I’ll go full for EG SLICER (if this will be the name😂)

EG USRSMPLS

• @echoopera said:
    Long live Drambo 😍

• I do feel for the devs when it’s not even out yet 😂.

But that’s what NDAs are for, I guess...

• edited June 2020

Looks to me like MSX wanted a way to sell their own sample content on iOS. Having their own player is the only way that makes sense.

Can’t really blame them for wanting to be able to sell their sound packs.

If they’re smart they will have seen what Ampify have done and will also have IAPs to unlock features like user sample import.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just a player at release though. Maybe user samples will come later. I wouldn’t bank on it though.

They would need to build a slicing engine and editing UI for iOS to enable user samples. There’s no need for that if they’re just playing back preprepared loops. And i would bet good money that they don’t prepare any of their loops in iOS.

• edited June 2020

Well i for one hope the devs look at this thread and laugh at all us fools commenting on something which hasn’t been released.

Oh wait. This is the internet. Never mind. We’re all experts and sages on the subject matters of which we speak.

Get back to the regular program of unhinged commentary to provide a sufficient dopamine fix for the morning instead of exercising is always a good regimine to stick to i read on the inter toobs.

Cheers 🙏🏼💕

• Yes. The proof is in the pudding.

• @echoopera said:
    Well i for one hope the devs look at this thread and laugh at all us fools commenting on something which hasn’t been released.

Oh wait. This is the internet. Never mind. We’re all experts and sages on the subject matters of which we speak.

Get back to the regular program of unhinged commentary to provide a sufficient dopamine fix for the morning instead of exercising is always a good regimine to stick to i read on the inter toobs.

Wow, that is both presumptuous and uncalled for. I'll have you know I got a great workout in this morning dumping out thursday Taco Night.

• edited June 2020

@gusgranite said:
    Yes. The proof is in the pudding.

Huh, so it is...

pud·ding
    /ˈpo͝odiNG/

noun
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a dessert with a creamy consistency.
    "chocolate pudding"
    a sweet or savory steamed dish made with flour.
    "Yorkshire pudding"
    AB FORUM
    user manual.
    "wtf no user samples?"

• edited June 2020

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

Wow, that is both presumptuous and uncalled for. I'll have you know I got a great workout in this morning dumping out thursday Taco Night.

Hahah. Sounds moving

Unlike user samples in this app though 🤨🤪🤪

Who knew there would be comedy gold in this thread. 👊🏼™️

• @AudioGus said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Are they serious? So this app skipped and I’ll go full for EG SLICER (if this will be the name😂)

EG USRSMPLS

Winner winner chicken dinner 👊🏼🙃 haha awesome!

• If we got it all wrong and this thing lets you import your own samples then the manual is a failure. :D

• @DCJ said:
    If we got it all wrong and this thing lets you import your own samples then the manual is a failure. :D

😂😂😂

• @Turntablist said:
    Beatmakers, they want quick fix, not flexibility, this is probably a good idea for the type of users that will be buying this.

I’d have to disagree with you on that, hearing this is a massive disappointment for me

• It will probably be free if this is the idea behind the app.

• You know...
    Chompler does rhyme with ROMpler.

😕

• @CracklePot said:
    You know...
    Chompler does rhyme with ROMpler.

😕

• I'm kinda disappointed but I think I understand the market for this. It's for the same people who only use presets on synths and just need more sounds to make tracks. There could also be weird licenses for using the loops.

Depending on the cost, I may pick this up but I'm definitely waiting for reviews before touching it.

• Hmm, waiting to see how this unfolds.

• https://www.msxaudio.com/pages/chomplr

They have some videos too, have not watched yet

• All I can say is that I've heard the beta and it sounds amazing. I'll be buying a copy 👍

• @bcrichards said:
    https://www.msxaudio.com/pages/chomplr

They have some videos too, have not watched yet

Video's are pretty interesting and the app looks clean. I've used loops before so it's not a total killer, just gotta see what the value looks like.

• edited June 2020

https://www.msxaudio.com/pages/chomplr some videos no mention of sample import & not to be personal but dude sounds like he telling a bedtime story . The sounds are weak to my ears. Come on msxaudio rough things up a bit.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • • Robust roadmap that includes many features to come!

That's the line on the specs tab that gives me at least a little hope for being able to import my own samples for chopping, stretching mangling. But I fear it will be yet another 'content store' where the samples are locked inside the app...

• edited June 2020

So 🤔 he loves us

:-)

• @stormbeats said:
    https://www.msxaudio.com/pages/chomplr some videos no mention of sample import & not to be personal but dude sounds like he telling a bedtime story . The sounds are weak to my ears. Come on msxaudio rough things up a bit.

Jay Elliot did the videos. Love his style and tone on these. Quality stuff from him as usual.

• @analog_matt said:
    All I can say is that I've heard the beta and it sounds amazing. I'll be buying a copy 👍

Well that’s good news. It sounds ‘amazing’ 🤔 that’s a bold statement. You mean amazing as in something you had previously not imagined hearing.. or... what.... tell us more.. please.