Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Writing is music

I just heard this quote from an author being interviewed.

"Writing is music."

OT;DR.

Just like music it may or may not find an audience.

Comments

• Nonsense. Writing is a silent process and the printed word silent unless pronounced. Speech is potentially musical.

• Maybe composition was the word the author was looking for? ;-)

• This is one of those "artistic" metaphors that stretches things too far for me to buy into. Anybody can say stuff like this. Data entry is a full-service gasoline attendant. See?

• "Metaphor is dead."

• @oat_phipps said:
    This is one of those "artistic" metaphors that stretches things too far for me to buy into. Anybody can say stuff like this. Data entry is a full-service gasoline attendant. See?

Well you've tossed a penny to the metaphor and the gasoline attendant with your response!

• @AudioGus said:
    "Metaphor is dead."

Damn, you were terser than me. 50 thumbs up

• @oat_phipps said:

@AudioGus said:
    "Metaphor is dead."

Damn, you were terser than me. 50 thumbs up

Never would have got there without you. Go Team Pithy!

• @ElectroHead said:

@oat_phipps said:
    This is one of those "artistic" metaphors that stretches things too far for me to buy into. Anybody can say stuff like this. Data entry is a full-service gasoline attendant. See?

Well you've tossed a penny to the metaphor and the gasoline attendant with your response!

I value not pennies; a copper will never define my depths, nay

• Nay, unless, god forbid, one redefines your depths in a dark alley.

• @oat_phipps purely jest ;-) I couldn't resist the pun.

• Beer is responsible for my participation in this thread

• OT: thoughts?

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture. - some dude I forget

• @McD said:
    I just heard this quote from an author being interviewed.

"Writing is music."

OT;DR.

Just like music it may or may not find an audience.

Tough room.

"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think." - Dorothy Parker.

You know how a tune gets stuck in your head. Is that music?

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Say that outloud.

What the fuck is Rap? It's literature over a 4 bar loop.

(Drops the mic). McD Out.