Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Creative Delays and Reverbs?

Looking for creative otherworldly type reverbs and delay au’s. I find Spectrums Granular to be fun and fantastic, as well as eventides mangled and blackhole. Otherwise not finding much.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• 4Pockets ShimmerFX

• @hibjshop said:
    Looking for creative otherworldly type reverbs and delay au’s. I find Spectrums Granular to be fun and fantastic, as well as eventides mangled and blackhole. Otherwise not finding much.
    Any suggestions?

ToneBoosters Reverb...which is also the best shimmer reverb on iOS in my opinion.

• K7D delay can get really wild. Lots of otherworldy stuff even in the presets.

• PhaseDelayArray for sure. It's free. So it can't hurt to try. They also make Gyrovibe, which is fun.

• Yeah I second K7d delay. If you have an ounce of experimentation in you, you will end up with something wild but useful in no time.

• edited January 2020

apeDelay, GliderVerb from Amazing Noises

• Freezeverb

• edited January 2020

Deleted

• Modley is kick ass.
    For ultimate mangle, get Moebius Lab

My #1 delay is Tap Delay. Via midi/AU params every tap can be variable level. The feedback eq/filter is so kick ass and playable.

As of today, my #1 ‘verb is ToneBoosters.

• @Brambos Kosmonaut
    Delayrium (different)
    RealDelayrium (new different... bigly)

• edited January 2020

BLEASS for both.

• Kosmonaut, PhaseDelayArray, Bleass Delay, K7D

TB Reverb, Blackhole reverb, Bleass Reverb

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

I’ll just throw out something from a different perspective since you’re looking for new angles. MIDI Echo can be used as a different creative alternative to audio delays. The difference is actual notes are triggered in the synth rather than echo copies of the audio. This can lead to some creative results.

MidiEcho by @midiSequencer is a super creative AU for doing this. I’ve also written a couple of Mozaic MIDI echo scripts. Velocity MIDI Echo is my favorite, but Rhythmic MIDI Echo is perhaps a bit more direct to use and quicker to make some interesting rhythm effects.

I’m not trying to plug any programs or scripts, but thought I’d throw out some ideas coming at it from a different angle.

• edited January 2020

4pockets fx shimmer and toneboosters reverb are great. also the eventide blackhole for sure

kosmonaut is a delay i use more and more...

• Delay:
    Kosmonaut
    K7D
    Dubstation 2
    FD-1
    Tap Delay
    Bleass delay
    PheseDelayArray
    apeDelay
    FS Reverser Delay

Reverb:
    Toneboosters Reverb
    Eos 2
    Glider verb
    Bleass reverb
    FS FreezeVerb

or...

Turnado for both!

• edited January 2020

AUM

More specifically the 16 send (Bus A-P) channels and sending those to each other or not as time goes by.

• RE-1 Tape Machine by Kai Aras is my favorite.

Set the delay time to 5ms, adjust the other controls, and (IMO) it expands and transforms Pad Sounds in extremely cool ways.

• @wim said:
    I’ve also written a couple of Mozaic MIDI echo scripts. Velocity MIDI Echo is my favorite, but Rhythmic MIDI Echo is perhaps a bit more direct to use and quicker to make some interesting rhythm effects.

I’m not trying to plug any programs or scripts, but thought I’d throw out some ideas coming at it from a different angle.

Mozaic scripts cost nothing and the @Brambos app costs $9. Like all @Barmbos apps it will be used over and over and over. Not purchased and forgotten.

It's the free scripts from @wim, @_Ki, @burns_audio and dozens of others that turn that $9 investment into the best money you'll spend. You just load their work and have a new MIDI FX capability. There are now so many scripts you'll need Reviews to figure out where to start.
    Just check the Likes and Download stats at:

PatchStorage.com

I down load and copy to Mozaic and it's good to go.

Most apps get updates too. @wim has the most popular scripts at PatchStorage.com/Mozaic.

You won't need to write a single line of code. Just download, copy to Mozaic and run.
    The GUI's are all created by @Brambos and they are generally clean. But like any new app you'll hope for documentation and that's in the embedded Description box and often on the PatchStorage page for the app.

It's the best kept secret on the ABF.

Or you can just by more apps from the App Store and hope they pay for themselves. Many do. But it adds up. Still... a LOT less than Desktops. Good times.

• R0Verb by Klevgrand... anything from a single delay line up to 50 of them.
    Looks visually pleasing, except selection mode lacks contrast, so it's a bit obscure which lines are selected and which are not. Description below.
    https://klevgrand.se/products/r0verb

• Some great potential for "otherworldly" sounds using most of the previously mentioned reverbs. In addition to the Spectrum granular I would recommend the Clouds clone in miRack, which works well with the Dual Delay module. I'm now having the greatest fun rolling my own impulse responses and using them in Rooms! which I've gone back to after a brief flirtation with the Jax Convolution Reverb. Tricking water along with filtered and white noise, or just whispered vocalisations, make for some superb ambient weird reverbs. I often use 3 parallel instances of Rooms! in Aum. And if you make your own recordings/impulses then you're going to have a fairly unique sound...

• SunVox lets you create your own effects. You can create some crazily unique delays and reverbs in it.