Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tons of Crackle in Bark Filter

Huge fan of Bark Filter and the tripleband secret sauce setting. More and more lately when I go to use it on a mix I get an insane amount of crackling throughout.

Does anybody know why??

I originally thought it was just on bad demo recordings I had done but I’ve experienced it on files that have no outside audio recorded ( like just midi through a synth in AUM )

Mostly experience this on my iPhone using twisted wave but that isn’t the only place.

Any help would be very appreciated because otherwise this is a go-to for me!

I have a screen grab that shows what I mean...will add it as soon as I figure out how that’s best done.

Thanks

Comments

• Yikes. Also can anyone tell me an easy way to upload a screen recording here. Thanks!

• Exactly ! just before few minutes i noticed same issue (in Nanostudio) !! Finihed new track and wanted to give it "final touch" - so i inserted bark on master ... after a while i noticed there are some crackles on background - not too loud but noticeable. Initially i thought i overloaded CPU - but it was on 48% ... then i removed bark and crackle diappeared...

• @dendy said:
    Exactly ! just before few minutes i noticed same issue (in Nanostudio) !! Finihed new track and wanted to give it "final touch" - so i inserted bark on master ... after a while i noticed there are some crackles on background - not too loud but noticeable. Initially i thought i overloaded CPU - but it was on 48% ... then i removed bark and crackle diappeared...

Any chance that it is sample rate related?

• Dammit, I think that’s why I’ve been getting rice crispies sounds in my AUM sessions.

Anybody email the dev yet?

@dendy said:
    Exactly ! just before few minutes i noticed same issue (in Nanostudio) !! Finihed new track and wanted to give it "final touch" - so i inserted bark on master ... after a while i noticed there are some crackles on background - not too loud but noticeable. Initially i thought i overloaded CPU - but it was on 48% ... then i removed bark and crackle diappeared...

• So glad others have had this issue. I think it could be sample rate related, I’m not the best with these things but will look into it when I can and try to do a test.

I have no emailed the Dev, also realize I probably should have done that before posting but my technological insecurities had me assuming it was a “user error” on my end :)

And for my uses it’s never been subtle, always aggressively obvious. But sounds like the same issue otherwise

@dendy @espiegel123 @iOSTRAKON

• edited January 2020

Does it also do it with the limiter switched off?

Also, maybe the input is too hot?

• My Bark is smooth here. Maybe delete and redownload?

• No problems running a single wav file of the mix through it via AudioShare and Audiobus. Maybe you’ve got too much stuff going on live, despite what the cpu meter says, which I find a poor way to judge because I’ve gotten crackles in other apps where the apps cpu was as low as 8%