Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mazetools Soniface 2.5 update (Lite & Full version)

Cheers guys,
I'm Jakob of Mazetools. Stephan, the creator of the app and me, like to get in touch with you about Soniface, even if we still have no AB in our app, not even IAA, AUv3 and (yet) no Ableton Link on iOS :disappointed:

This Forum was and is the best place for progressive discussions about the app. We did follow all of them since the release and there was a lot of positive words, critics and honest feedback, which we really appreciate. At this point a big sorry about our quietness, there was much more progression in our life and to much to explain.

Now we reached a point, where we're looking more clear into our future and get further with the upcoming projects. We're also still looking for someone, who could help us with the iOS development. Nevertheless, we decided to bring the update now (still with all its peculiarities) , to share our current state and be there for any questions. So, thanks to all supporters, who bought the app (or will) and have fun with new features:

Granulizer - Added a new granular synth to the soundscape sampler.
Loop Recording - Each parameter can be automatized by recording the movement.
Element identifiers - Semantic auto-naming of the sound elements
Touch-Input - Multitouch enabled Maze-Editor
In-App-Help - Improved content for module information
New samples, drums and demo content

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

*there is a free Soniface lite version you can try:
https://apps. apple.com/de/app/mazetools-soniface-lite/id1273836217

Comments

• Hi Mazetools

I am a fan of your app but it is a love-hate relationship. I have spent a lot of time on it producing music (and had a lot of fun doing it) but I never succeeded in doing something I can really integrate in my setup. I really think that this app has a lot of potential as an Audio Unit but you have chosen to prioritize the development of new sound sources (like granular). It is great but in my opinion, connectivity with the iOS ecosystem is mandatory and would make your app really big.

• edited January 2020

Welcome to the forum @ectoplastic!

Mazetools is such an innovative app. I think the updates are really exciting and enhance the app further.

I really hope you find the development resources to be able to connect the app within the iOS music production environment because the iPad touchscreen interface seems like a perfect match. Without any connectivity I expect many others share my experience. We purchased the app, can see the potential, but have no practical way to use it in our workflow.

Good luck!

• edited January 2020

@ectoplastic Hey, I updated to the latest 2.5 iOS Soniface. The Rec Vid option is gone. It still shows it listed in the help menu though. I LOVED that! Please bring it back!

Also, when I Rec SND and then export, the sound won't play at all. And it's only 44kb in size. There's an extra text file that gets exported with it.

I'd personally be ok without IAA/AB/AUv3 if I could at least export a recording that played, but I can't even do that.

Bluetooth headphones/speaker used to work, now it doesn’t.

Is there any way to delete my Isolated mic recordings and user samples within the app? I don't see any folder for Soniface in the Files app and no way to manage the user samples/recordings/exports within the app either. Am I missing something?

Lastly, when you record motion, where is that saved? When you're playing the motion you recorded, how do you get it to stop playing the motion?

• @cuscolima @gusgranite

Thanks alot for your feedback. we're still look for somebody who could help us with this. We're developing in Unity on Windows (easy for various platforms, not easy for iOS specific features ;) For example for the Ableton Link there was a really kind guy from Japan, Comoc, who wrote a Unity to Ableton Link wrapper and who supported us to integrate it, also for iOS but there are still some issues... Our development resources (as well building pipeline, design etc) are still limited on the one and only person - Stephan Kloss, what is incredible, unfortunately not a native ios developer, but we're still optimistic to find somebody and looking forward to get this finally done in future!

@skiphunt
    Thanks for all your positive feeding and spreading so much good words about the app! We appreciate this alot!

Video:
    The video recorder we use is unfortunately a third party plugin, and we had the choice to switch on iOS 11 or to cancel the function and keep running from 10.3 or higher. The best thing would be to manage the video recording natively by ios through the AVFoundation framework and to choose, if i will record with or without the interface ;) Sorry!!

Audio rec:
    We did update today the 2.51 because there was a bug with the sound recording. now it should work. Please try!

Files:
    You still have to manage all user files (mic and master sound recording) manually in itunes. same thing like i did explain above, ios file management still needs to get improved!

Motion:
    there are little dots on the right side of the interface, which show the paramter name. by tapping on the dot, you can delete each motion recording. the movement on the grid is listed in the Sound section and called "Position"

Nice begin :)

Best,
    Jakob

• @ectoplastic
    Thanks for the app update and the info above. Until I can get anything out of the app into other apps (audiobus, IAA etc.) the app is sitting as an island on my iPad, and isn’t used as much as a result. Good to hear you are trying to progress this (I occasionally get a bit grumpy it hasn’t arrived - but multi platform development is not easy, so I settle back to a more sanguine position fairly swiftly ;)) Good luck with finding an iOS dev!

• edited January 2020

Thanks for the updates, some nice new features! :)
    I hope you can get Link working as that would make it great working with Ableton.

If you can add Files app support somehow that would be great for importing samples etc :)
    For example:
    https://www.appcoda.com/files-app-integration/

• Huge fan because it is such a unique approach. Issues:

• it kills Bluetooth headphones.
    • Connectivity. Without AB and/or files app support this thing is dead in the water.
    • A manual. This can not be stressed too much.

I’m a German expat. PM me if I can assist you with anything, particularly the manual.

• @skoptic Thanks for your thoughts, and I guess you're not alone with this position ;)

@Carnbot Thank you for the advices! Link will (hopefully) come with the next update, there still some bugs while running.

@Philandering_Bastard Thanks for your report. I'll write you to discuss the manual!

Cheers guys!

• @ectoplastic said:
    @cuscolima @gusgranite

Thanks alot for your feedback. we're still look for somebody who could help us with this. We're developing in Unity on Windows...

For real?! For Unity?! Amazing!