Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNVOX IS AU

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Ahh, but to fully understand the Ultimate Question to that Answer we need to switch to triskadecimal.

• @syrupcore said:
    0x2A is the actual answer.

@Samu @wim You are all wrong. The correct answer is X Æ A-12. LOL

• i’m trying to figure out how to route midi in aum into sunvox, id like each instrument within a single instance assigned to its own midi channel for example a different play head in fugue machine, one to the keys , one to the pad etc... i’m lost here trying to figure this out! please send help yesterday 🤣😎

• @reasOne said:
    i’m trying to figure out how to route midi in aum into sunvox, id like each instrument within a single instance assigned to its own midi channel for example a different play head in fugue machine, one to the keys , one to the pad etc... i’m lost here trying to figure this out! please send help yesterday 🤣😎

and just figured it out with a double tap haha all i had to do was ask out loud apparently

• @reasOne said:
    i’m trying to figure out how to route midi in aum into sunvox, id like each instrument within a single instance assigned to its own midi channel for example a different play head in fugue machine, one to the keys , one to the pad etc... i’m lost here trying to figure this out! please send help yesterday 🤣😎

If you're using simple sampler objects in sunvox, just double tap on it and set the midi-channel it receives on...

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:

If you're using simple sampler objects in sunvox, just double tap on it and set the midi-channel it receives on...

i don’t know why i was struggling so bad 🤣 i knew i had done it in the past. thank ya man 🤘🏽

• @reasOne said:

i don’t know why i was struggling so bad 🤣 i knew i had done it in the past. thank ya man 🤘🏽

Just remember to set Midi In to 'Always' in the modules you control otherwise it will only receive when selected.
    All modules accept midi in...

It's easy to go NUTs with it :D
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g62x9ixw6rkxtrw/SVoxMidi.MP4?dl=0

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:

Just remember to set Midi In to 'Always' in the modules you control otherwise it will only receive when selected.

that was the missing element, the “always “ it’s annoying when you want to audition an instrument with aum keyboard as anything that is always gets triggered too but hey, a small price to pay for such a great creation!
    nice video that’s pretty rad !

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:

I always forget to set midi to “Always” and drive myself mad

• Is midi out coming soon?

• @auxmux said:
    Is midi out coming soon?

I hope so, the next update is nearing completion and will bring some other crazy stuff too.
    The Midi Out is already there in the UI and works in the stand-alone, only midi-out in AUv3 is missing as far as I know.

SunVox is very easy to overlook for many things.
    It's not as 'complicated' once it 'clicks' :)

• edited October 2020

Pitch correction:

• is therea way to get all the projects from the stand alone into the auv3?
    when i open the standalone there’s many example projects, but there’s only 2 in the au...i can’t figure out how to save them to open in the au

• edited October 2020

@reasOne ye look under import/export "system export" (its the same thing as project export) in standalone, then import that file in AU... fkin hassle @Samu any changes in filehandling in sunvox new ver?

• @noob said:
    @reasOne ye wifi import/export or even better "system export" (its the same thing as project export) in standalone, then import that file in AU... fkin hassle @Samu any changes in filehandling in sunvox new ver?

That's Apple SandBoxing for ya. One way is to use the Files.app interface for import/export.

Ie. when you create a file in the stand-alone use the import feature in the AUv3 to load the files from the On My iPad/SunVox folder and if you've created on in the AUv3 save it to the On My iPad/SunVox folder using export from the AUv3.
    (After a few rounds it becomes instinctive just like using the Files.app interface for importing(exporting files in other apps).

For me it's already a at a level where I don't even have to think about it...

• edited October 2020

SunVox is a tracker! WoW, Amiga Rulez 4ever :) I mean ProTracker :) I mean SunVox ;) I have to try it. I used to use a trackers when I was a teenager.

• edited October 2020

, chk my post above updated screenshots

• @noob said:
    @reasOne ye look under import/export "system export" (its the same thing as project export) in standalone, then import that file in AU... fkin hassle @Samu any changes in filehandling in sunvox new ver?

@Samu said:

@noob said:
    @reasOne ye wifi import/export or even better "system export" (its the same thing as project export) in standalone, then import that file in AU... fkin hassle @Samu any changes in filehandling in sunvox new ver?

That's Apple SandBoxing for ya. One way is to use the Files.app interface for import/export.

Ie. when you create a file in the stand-alone use the import feature in the AUv3 to load the files from the On My iPad/SunVox folder and if you've created on in the AUv3 save it to the On My iPad/SunVox folder using export from the AUv3.
    (After a few rounds it becomes instinctive just like using the Files.app interface for importing(exporting files in other apps).

For me it's already a at a level where I don't even have to think about it...

thank you!!!
    i’m about to give it a try following the screen shots 😎
    usually i can find my way thru these kinda things but i was getting no where 🤣

• @dakti oh, SunVox is more, much more B)

• @noob said:
    @dakti oh, SunVox is more, much more

I believe you :) great track @noob :)

• Massive 1.9.6 update just landed 🥰

• @god said:
    Massive 1.9.6 update just landed 🥰

omg

• @god said:
    Massive 1.9.6 update just landed 🥰

<3

• I'm happy he finally added a dedicated ADRS module :)

• +1 ^

@Samu said:
    I'm happy he finally added a dedicated ADRS module :)

• Will be fun to play around with the pitch detect....

I'm pretty new to SunVox and wanted to do some "midi looper"-style recording - but seem to be out of luck.
    Anyone know the rationale for not having an overdub recording mode when playing back patterns? Feels like such an obvious feature... Select track, play notes while pattern is playing. Midi looper! Yay!

• Can Sunvox send midi out?

• Epic update, but still wanting midi out. 🙏

• @espiegel123 said:
    Can Sunvox send midi out?

As IAA and standalone, yes. As AUv3, still not yet :(