Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNVOX IS AU

Comments

• edited January 2020

@Littlewoodg said:

@Carnbot said:
    Worth clarifying to those unaware:
    To get AU sync options, go to project properties where there's the option to receive sync from other sources (AU) start/Stop, Tempo and position.

Thanks this sync thing was throwing me off...see what I did there

Edit:
    Sorry, a dad joke. It’s getting so that all my jokes are dad jokes

The next, graduate level thing here, with the new pattern effect 32 - “set jump address mode YY: 0 - absolute address, relative to the start of the timeline (default); 1 - ( pattern beginning + address ); 2 - ( pattern beginning - address ); 3 - ( next line + address ); 4 - ( next line - address )“

Is this Renoise Redux- or Aodix- style “pattern call” support?

• edited January 2020

Btw if anyone is experiencing issues with other apps audio glitching out while using SunVox (AU), I reported the bug to NightRadio who reproduced it and is looking into it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Carnbot said:
    Thanks for the link @Littlewoodg :)

Btw the app has been updated with the fix, but while the intended files are now accessible, I still think direct Files app access with the AU isn't possible yet for external files, unless I'm mistaken.

I might could ask Mr Z on his forum for that access to be opened...

Do you know if it has been reported that Sunvox crashes/gives and error when trying to load as effect IAA.

If you haven’t seen it on warmplace.ru, someone did report the fx IAA issue, developer response:

”Thank you!
    Please follow these steps
    1) Open SunVox first.
    2) Add the Input module in SunVox.
    3) Go to AUM.
    4) Add SunVox Filter (IAA) to FX slot.”

• @Littlewoodg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Carnbot said:

Btw the app has been updated with the fix, but while the intended files are now accessible, I still think direct Files app access with the AU isn't possible yet for external files, unless I'm mistaken.

Do you know if it has been reported that Sunvox crashes/gives and error when trying to load as effect IAA.

If you haven’t seen it on warmplace.ru, someone did report the fx IAA issue, developer response:

”Thank you!
    1) Open SunVox first.
    3) Go to AUM.

Thanks! I didn't see that response. (It was probably me that reported it.)

• My sync issue turned out to be user error ... there was a pattern that I didn’t realize I had recorded that was slightly longer than two bars long. Playback was happening at the right tempo but looping was off.

All folders now populated in the app. I’m a happy camper.

• Can you have swing in a tracker?

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@fattigman said:
    Can you have swing in a tracker?

Oh my.

Umm ... yes ... but it requires a bit of rocket science. Put on your mathematician hat...
    https://sunvox-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/cookbook/adding-swing.html

• @wim said:

@fattigman said:
    Can you have swing in a tracker?

Oh my.

Umm ... yes ... but it requires a bit of rocket science. Put on your mathematician hat...

Hah I love this app, that strangely makes me love it more

• @wim thanks now I know trackers are not my cup of tea. If I don’t use the tracker is sunvox is of any use as a sound module?

• @fattigman said:
    @wim thanks now I know trackers are not my cup of tea. If I don’t use the tracker is sunvox is of any use as a sound module?

yes

It's about as far away from a Ukulele as you can get though, ain't it? :D

• @fattigman said:
    @wim thanks now I know trackers are not my cup of tea. If I don’t use the tracker is sunvox is of any use as a sound module?

Yeah it has midi in, I’ve been using it a lot for sort of “custom synths” within aum since it became an audio unit

• @espiegel123 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Carnbot said:

”Thank you!
    1) Open SunVox first.
    3) Go to AUM.

Thanks! I didn't see that response. (It was probably me that reported it.)

It works brilliantly! I have added it to the wiki. I hope other folks will add their tips and tricks and essential info:

https://wiki.audiob.us/sunvox

• @wim haha yes it’s very far away 😄. Ukulele will always be my weapon of choice but somtimes you just need to experiment with new things.
    @JackDwyerburger I will try it. It’s so cheap so it’s worth trying.

• Looks a useful link thanks.

@wim said:

• @fattigman said:

Yeah, same boat for me.. so I've been driving it with Riffer and Atom and will try anything else that will help me NOT use the tracker.. :)

• edited January 2020

Having fun with the OP-Z / SunVox setup today. The OP-Z is sequencing 7 Midi Channels of a single AUv3 instance of SunVox in AUM

• Trackers make loads of sense on a computer with a keyboard and no other way of interacting, otherwise a right nightmare I find - loving finally driving this thing with all-sorts of other sequencing bits 👍

• @fattigman said:

I've never had to enter byte values to make patterns on SunVox. I just use the internal keyboard.

• Can someone explain what a tracker is please? This looks like the kind of app I’d like but I have no idea what I’m buying!

• @gregsmith said:
    Can someone explain what a tracker is please? This looks like the kind of app I’d like but I have no idea what I’m buying!

Re “tracker”. Google and Wikipedia are your friends.

SunVox can be used without its sequencer as a modular synth. Or (via IAA) as a modular effects unit. There are tons of SunVox tutorials to give you an idea of what it is about.

• @gregsmith said:
    Can someone explain what a tracker is please? This looks like the kind of app I’d like but I have no idea what I’m buying!

I found this video helpful to get up + running with SunVox.. I’ve only had it for a short time and didn’t have an urgent need to learn it - BUT - now that it’s AU, I’m very interested because the sounds inside are gorgeous.. and if I can use any of my other sequencing apps to drive this (instead of the built-in tracker), I’ll be elated.. or elevated.. or.. one happy camper..🙂

This series of vids from Solar Lune also seem to be fairly relevant.

• Loving the resurgence of interest round these parts and have been inspired to make some noise but the big excitement, for me, will be when we get The SnuV as AUv3 effect.

• @royor Sunvox has supported multitimbral CoreMIDI for a long time, so the opportunity to use it with external sequencers is not new :)

• @gregsmith said:

It is a step sequencer in which you enter numbers from a computer keyboard as your step values.

SunVox can be used as a tracker or as a sequencer in which you enter notes the normal way - from an onscreen keyboard or MIDI device.

Solar Lune's tutorial videos were most useful to me for getting started. I have not yet found videos that clearly teach the later features like MetaModule and pattern effects, which can be used for semi-auto generative stuff, but then again I have not scoured every second of SunVox videos uploaded within the last couple of years.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@gregsmith said:

It is a step sequencer in which you enter numbers from a computer keyboard as your step values.

SunVox can be used as a tracker or as a sequencer in which you enter notes the normal way - from an onscreen keyboard or MIDI device.

Solar Lune's tutorial videos were most useful to me for getting started. I have not yet found videos that clearly teach the later features like MetaModule and pattern effects, which can be used for semi-auto generative stuff, but then again I have not scoured every second of SunVox videos uploaded within the last couple of years.

Thank you. I’m very tempted. Will watch some of those videos.

• edited January 2020

@gregsmith said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@gregsmith said:

Thank you. I’m very tempted. Will watch some of those videos.

You can try a Windows/Mac/Linux version for free before committing the $5 for the IOS version.

The majority of the tutorials are working off of a desktop computer. Where I struggled was adapting the lessons to the iPhone version, which by necessity has less stuff onscreen.

• It’s unreal seeing sunvox loaded as AU. Looking forward to FX slot capabilities. Multi channel AU would also be pretty great.

• Yes, and AU midi out is coming too :)

iOS users might want to add to the Sunvox OS survey poll here to represent the numbers a bit more:
    https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5157&fbclid=IwAR3j51XbnCJVEMcms7Bhh4CdJfC2feCt9X05FCQFt9s5Z-_LU47O_6G86Os

• @GovernorSilver metamodules are pretty straightforward. You can load in another project or start from a blank one. I use them to organise a song from other loops and sequences. Is there anything in particular that puzzles you about them?

• well you can use it in ns2 now and other daws that reject iaa ! so that’s good