Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNVOX IS AU

Comments

• Just sending Rozeta Bassline and X0X to instances of SunVox in AUM. This is such a great update.

• Oh Geez! Just played with this in apeMatrix. Pretty incredible really. Personally, I think it’s now easier to use as an AU.

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

There are no instruments in the folder tree in the AU. All the folders are there but are empty. Anyone else seeing this? Any idea how to do a mass transfer from the standalone?

• @wim said:
    There are no instruments in the folder tree in the AU. All the folders are there but are empty. Anyone else seeing this? Any idea how to do a mass transfer from the standalone?

Same here. Looks like the IAA version fails to load as an effect now.

• @wim said:

This. I want to know this as well...

This is so cool 🤔😁😁👊🏼™️ Can’t wait to figure this all out

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

It’s not very useful to me as an AU as-is, I’m afraid.

• @wim said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

It’s not very useful to me as an AU as-is, I’m afraid.

Well if i can get the different patches in to it, it will be a curiosity worth toying with. The template file was already kind of fun to noodle on...but i have no interest in creating my own patches when it already includes some very nice ones.

• @echoopera said:

@wim said:

You can export the instruments from the standalone app and import them in the AU version...but it is a tough job as you have to do it for each instrument...

• @cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

You can export the instruments from the standalone app and import them in the AU version...but it is a tough job as you have to do it for each instrument...

Uggg...it’s what i was afraid of. Thanks 👊🏼™️

• @cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

Yeh. Not doin’ that.

Oh well. I still love SunVox for what it is.

• @wim said:

@cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

Yeh. Not doin’ that.

Oh well. I still love SunVox for what it is.

Have never used the presets. Patching is the reason Nus_Xov is such a joy. Get fluent in it and you learn new things every time you open it.

• @reasOne said:

@Krupa said:

@reasOne said:
    i love the instruments and effects of sunvox but quit really using trackers years ago, so i’ve always used sunvox just for it’s sounds.... this really opens it up for me!!! can sequence multiple instances now with all these great ios sequencers... now to put it to the test and see how many instances my ipad can take 🤪

great stuff! also i set up a quick pad synth and ran ol SPA into it, hit record on sunvox and it recorded!! it did not seem to record the sounds into the tracker tho so i guess it went into the linear timeline ? i can’t really find it on the au but i hear it lol ... never really understood that part of sunvox...and how it relates to the trackor 🤷🏻‍♂️

Funny, I tried a similar thing, having grown up on octamed, couldn't ever to back to that so I tried to record in a sequence from atom but didn't see it pop up in the tracker either... Great to put some tunes through those sounds though!

but the audio was captured right? some how there is a timeline i never understood in sunvox lol but i can’t even find it on the au i might need to go full screen... didn’t get much time to mess with it before work

Yeah, it played back great, I'll look into what @wim said afterwards too..

• Not just AU instrument either, a myriad of extra tweaks (including new pattern effects, might even get my hands dirty in there now) … amazing.

The planned AU effect support would be the icing on the icing.

• This is one of those apps where iOS mouse support really helps.
    Hopefully Files access will be added natively. Currently you can transfer 4 files at once using the wifi option...

• @Jocphone said:
    Have never used the presets. Patching is the reason Nus_Xov is such a joy. Get fluent in it and you learn new things every time you open it.

So true. I created a sunvox file with each of the 16 midi channels setup as multisynths. From there I just create my patches. So much fun :sweat_smile: I was routing xequence to it, btw

• @cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

How can I export from standalone and import in AU? Cannot find the options 🙁. Thanks!

• @rrc2soft said:

@cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

How can I export from standalone and import in AU? Cannot find the options 🙁. Thanks!

From standalone- Menu top left : click Export/import then System export
    Choose the instrument you want to export and click ok (record the export where you want)

From AU : same same but choose system import

• edited January 2020

@wim said:
    For those thinking midi in isn’t being recorded, keep in mind that you may see nothing in the tracker unless a module that has midi present for it is selected. You also need to have a pattern selected in the pattern timeline (activated by a button near the middle-right of the screen.

Nice tip! Thanks!

I have a song in SunVox that I started working on but have yet to finish.

Part of it was not being smart enough to understand how to use the pattern effects. I saw one or two videos that mention them briefly but couldn't quite get the hang them myself. I also have yet to learn how to use the MetaModule feature, which apparently is needed to store a synth patch as a preset.

Anyway, what I was trying to use the pattern effects for, would be probably replaced by feeding SunVox with MIDI from Ionarics, Cality, Autony, Mozaic,e tc.

• If you didn't know already, Sunvox can import midi files. Which is a good way to start with it :)

• @cuscolima said:

@rrc2soft said:

@cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

Choose the instrument you want to export and click ok (record the export where you want)

Thanks!

• @rrc2soft said:

@cuscolima said:

@rrc2soft said:

@cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

Thanks!

Pretty sure the empty folder in the AU version is a bug, I posted a query on the warmplace forum.
    Meanwhile this is nuts the possibilities are blowing my mind

• Bought this, the Demo Songs sounds great... can't seem to sync with the host (Auv3)... And why does she have to be so ugly?
    Seems she can really perform, but a thing of beauty is a joy forever.

• I hadn't used SunVox since I was on Android, I didn't realize the iOS version had so much midi support! Pretty much every sound parameter can be modulated externally. I'm hooking it up to Octachron right now for some deep drum synthesis.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@rrc2soft said:

@cuscolima said:

@rrc2soft said:

@cuscolima said:

@echoopera said:

@wim said:

Thanks!

Pretty sure the empty folder in the AU version is a bug, I posted a query on the warmplace forum.
    Meanwhile this is nuts the possibilities are blowing my mind

Re missing instruments, demos etc, Mr. Zolotov replied with ”oops” on his forum and promised a quick fix...

• Ah looks like the missing files in AU version is being fixed :)

• From inside the SunVox AU instance, you can load in SunVox files you have on your iPad or in iCloud and when you save your project from within the AU, it will show up later when you want to load it again.

• You can copy modules, patterns, or parts of patterns from one AU instance to another. Be aware that patterns will have their output going to a specific module number in your setup so you may need to change it to match the current project or construct your project in a way that minimizes needing to do these sorts of edits.

• @RajahP said:
    Bought this, the Demo Songs sounds great... can't seem to sync with the host (Auv3)... And why does she have to be so ugly?

Press play in the AU window then afterwards it syncs to the plugin host controls.

I find the light background and low colour themes to be easier on the eye.

• @Jocphone said:

@RajahP said:
    Bought this, the Demo Songs sounds great... can't seem to sync with the host (Auv3)... And why does she have to be so ugly?

Press play in the AU window then afterwards it syncs to the plugin host controls.

I find the light background and low colour themes to be easier on the eye.

That wasn't my experience. I set it to sync and no matter what I did it would not sync - even if I changed the project tempo to match the host, it would play the pattern then pause waiting for the host to hit the next bar before continuing.

I'll have to try it further.

As for how it looks @RajahP ... that's part of its charm. Kind of like a pit-bull, ugly to me, cutest thing ever to their owners. You just need to embrace it. ;)

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

BTW, if it hasn't been mentioned already, PixiTracker is a really great way to jump-start a SunVox project. You can build up a set of patterns quick as anything, then export ready to go into SunVox. Super fun. $2.99. B)

Also, Fractal Bits kits export straight into SunVox with all samples and FX already set up. You can then save the project and load it up as a single instrument in a larger project.