Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordion has been updated

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

A great performance instrument autoharp style. Also the developer listened and implemented key slide to modulate but...I'm finding it is not triggering on separate channels as it should according to settings. Seems to be triggering on all channels. Any similar experiences?

Comments

• Hi Supadom
    Yes, unfortunately there is a MIDI channel bug, which we've located and fixed for the next update. To other folks, if you use multiple MIDI channels you might wait to update.

The good news is that we now can send to other apps Virtual MIDI ports (instead of just Chordion Virtual Out), so you can use separate ports to communicate to different apps. I should mention though that there is a bug with iMini's port, so to use that app, you still have to use the "Chordion Virtual Out"

-Ben

• Hi @benkamen I'm glad you listen to user suggestions (slide key to modulate?) ;). I was hoping that would also work with the internal synth (assigned to parameter of choice?).

So, can I still use it to control 2 different synths or do I need to wait for the update? It seems to be firing in omni mode.

• Yes, the internal synth modulation would be cool, especially with custom mapping! Unfortunately I'm deep into a new app right now so I had to go with just MIDI for now due to time constraints.

Right now the ports work correctly but it is always sending on channel 1. So, if you want to use Animoog and Magellan, for example, you can do that by using two different ports. They just both need to be listening on ch 1, (or Omni).

We are submitting the fix now -- should be a week (?) before that is available.

• @benkamen cool thanks! looking forward to the new app and to future updates too. Happy coding.

• edited March 2014

• @simon It's already been submitted. Turn around last time was about a week.

• edited March 2014

• The update is up now!

• Not where I am! @benkamen

• Cool, got it. Cheers for heads up..and the swift update.