Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

At NAMM 2020 SSL 2/2+ are class compliant Audio interfaces for iPads

Talked to Fadi over at Solid State Logic and had him clear up somethings about there new interface and SSL SIX Mixer.

Comments

• Thank you!

• @jjkjjk said:
    Thank you!

My pleasure I tried to target most IOS gear and apps there was not alot

• I want to thank @Shazamm for not just writing a post describing his NAMM trip but for shooting the footage, asking these industry cats for interviews (most are cool but some can be dicks to freelancers), editing the video and posting it for us all to see.

It's really appreciated man, because since you are like most of us (completely devoted to using the iOS music production format) you're asking the questions we need answers to.

That SSL interface is really enticing. The A-D converters are from their broadcast equipment which is bulletproof, and the layout & feature set are just what we'd want in a mobile set up.

• @JRSIV said:
    I want to thank @Shazamm

Me too. NAMM is a crazy mess and I like getting to see the new stuff from my recliner.

• @JRSIV said:
    I want to thank @Shazamm for not just writing a post describing his NAMM trip but for shooting the footage, asking these industry cats for interviews (most are cool but some can be dicks to freelancers), editing the video and posting it for us all to see.

It's really appreciated man, because since you are like most of us (completely devoted to using the iOS music production format) you're asking the questions we need answers to.

That SSL interface is really enticing. The A-D converters are from their broadcast equipment which is bulletproof, and the layout & feature set are just what we'd want in a mobile set up.

Man I do it for us because we have a great community and thats why I started my channel to show people what an ipad can do. Appreciate you seeing the hard work that goes into these videos. Much respect

• @Shazamm said:

@JRSIV said:
    I want to thank @Shazamm for not just writing a post describing his NAMM trip but for shooting the footage, asking these industry cats for interviews (most are cool but some can be dicks to freelancers), editing the video and posting it for us all to see.

Man I do it for us because we have a great community and thats why I started my channel to show people what an ipad can do. Appreciate you seeing the hard work that goes into these videos. Much respect

The most important question
    was if the SSL audio interfaces
    where class compliant and
    they are.

I’m going to get one for sure.

Thank you for the video.

• @Gravitas said:

@Shazamm said:

@JRSIV said:

The most important question
    was if the SSL audio interfaces
    where class compliant and
    they are.

I’m going to get one for sure.

Thank you for the video.

awesome me too

• @JRSIV said:

Are they? So these would be like a
    Apogee or better class of A/D converters u think?

• Thanks for being the scout for iOS at NAMM, we appreciate it

• Fadi also told me off camera that you could use usb charger and use it without a computer

@animalelder said:
    Thanks for being the scout for iOS at NAMM, we appreciate it

your most welcome

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@JRSIV said:

The rep Fadi mentions it in the video and I did some digging and YES the A/D-D/A converters inside the SSL2/2+ are made by AKM and were the same ones used in their Alpha Link multichannel interfaces.

I mean those used to be like $3000 for 16 channels I/O, so to get that quality conversion, plus those SSL preamps, for the asking price is just insane.

I'm going to really have to be patient and hear them in person but I want one, lol. You know? It's like just the fact that it's SSL is badass... American brand-name impulsivity at it's best.

• @JRSIV said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@JRSIV said:

The rep Fadi mentions it in the video and I did some digging and YES the A/D-D/A converters inside the SSL2/2+ are made by AKM and were the same ones used in their Alpha Link multichannel interfaces.

I mean those used to be like $3000 for 16 channels I/O, so to get that quality conversion, plus those SSL preamps, for the asking price is just insane.

I'm going to really have to be patient and hear them in person but I want one, lol. You know? It's like just the fact that it's SSL is badass... American brand-name impulsivity at it's best.

Yeah
    SSL gifted us with these interfaces. I think they are gonna sell like hotcakes and you can use it with out a computer and still get the processing so you could buy a few of them for tracking or running your stems through

• thanks a lot @Shazamm ! i like this little box 😉.

• These definitely look cool, but I’m gonna hold out for the Neve interface 😉

• someone wrote : " Only thing is that it needs to go through a powered USB hub with at least 1A to work with an iOS device. " what is the 1A he's talking about ?

• @mlau said:
    someone wrote : " Only thing is that it needs to go through a powered USB hub with at least 1A to work with an iOS device. " what is the 1A he's talking about ? i mean, does someone has an example of such powered usb hub ? which one is ok ? and is this guy right ?

• @mlau said:
    thanks a lot @Shazamm ! i like this little box 😉.

your most welcome

• @Shazamm do you know about the usb power we need to make this interface work with ipad ?

• @mlau said:
    @Shazamm do you know about the usb power we need to make this interface work with ipad ?

Fadi said you use the USB 3 adapter and iPad charge cable

• @Shazamm ok but there’s a guy on gearlsutz that got the ssl2+ and says that you need a power hub 1 A to make it work... is that for real ?

• @JRSIV said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@JRSIV said:

Thanks for the info. If I have one cause to pause it’s this...just because the chip is the same doesn’t mean the clocking etc is the same and thus the results might not be as amazing as we hope. Also, I’m wondering if the 4K circuit can be ran in a way that isn’t just the preamps. For instance, can we take our digital sound and round trip it thru the box to get that 4K bite? Also, historically SSL hasn’t been the holy grail of preamps (that’s more of a neve thing) so I hope these are good. (I’m just trying to manage my personal expectations)

However, with all that said, the potential of this box at this price point looks nothing short of amazing. iPad compatibility just makes this that much better. SSL really is stirring the market up with this.

• @mlau said:
    @cloudswimmer which one ?

Well I was just joking .. but on two minutes of research I see Steinberg has interfaces with Neve transformers .. so I guess the jokes on me 🙄 lol

• @mlau said:
    @Shazamm ok but there’s a guy on gearlsutz that got the ssl2+ and says that you need a power hub 1 A to make it work... is that for real ?

where is the link to this? Thats not what I was told by them but they may have never tried it but because its class complaint they awesome it would work. The guy in the link may have just find out how. So I cant test to see how until mines arrives.

• edited January 2020

Think I found the post on gearsluts.

by Gonzbull
    My Studio
    So I received the SSL 2 a couple of days ago and it’s a great little device. Perfect for my intended use which is for video recording with my IPhone and field recording with a Mac. Only thing is that it needs to go through a powered USB hub with at least 1A to work with an iOS device.
    Headphone out sounds great although my Dangerous Music Source sounds a tad clearer. Maybe a little burnin might clear things up.
    Preamps are excellent and the 4K feature does exactly what it says on the box. It’s definitely not for everything but will come in handy for dull sources.
    I’d advise anyone who uses an an iPad to make music to check out the 2+. Match made in heaven.
    All up I’m well pleased.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/namm-2020-show/1294438-solid-state-logic-launches-ssl-2-ssl-2-audio-interfaces-8.html page 8

He also doesn't say which adapter he is using. If he is using the regular non powered adapter that is true for most interfaces. If he was using the newer USB 3 powered adapter this then kinda suck but worth it.

• @Shazamm that would be great. i’m sold if it works as it’s said... and again, thanks for your video. this guy looked all right, very calm, everything we shall expect from a solid manufacturer...

• @Shazamm just read your last post... so if you got it how does it work for you ? both soundwizey and how do you make it work with your ipad ?

• @mlau said:
    @Shazamm that would be great. i’m sold if it works as it’s said... and again, thanks for your video. this guy looked all right, very calm, everything we shall expect from a solid manufacturer...

Bro the guy in the video is Fadi Hayek - Vice President Music Products at Solid State Logic. He not just a guy that works at booths, so if hes says it he probably tried it. Then again I haven't yet lol

• @Shazamm i drink to that

• What’s the price on these things?