Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred not recording in Cubasis

I have GeoShred loaded as an Audio Unit on a midi track in Cubasis 3. It plays just fine, however, when I arm the track to record, it looks as if it is recording correctly in Cubasis, but actually, nothing is recorded.

I thought the answer might lie in the global midi settings in GeoShred and tried setting this to Record-Playback in the standalone app but this hasn’t helped.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Did you arm the the GeoShred MIDI track to record? I just tried and it works fine.

• Cubasis 3 currently doesn’t record MPE. It should work in Cubasis 2 though.

• @richardyot said:
    Cubasis 3 currently doesn’t record MPE. It should work in Cubasis 2 though.

Too bad I don’t have the old version, but bought the latest and greatest lol. I’m sure Steinberg will get there - what is MPE by the way? Thanks.

• @MobileMusic said:
    Did you arm the the GeoShred MIDI track to record? I just tried and it works fine.

I did - are you using Cubasis version 2 or 3?

• @BillS said:

@MobileMusic said:
    Did you arm the the GeoShred MIDI track to record? I just tried and it works fine.

I did - are you using Cubasis version 2 or 3?

Cubasis 2

• edited January 2020

Yeah.. I'm running into this issue with Mononoke. Works alright in Cubasis 2, not yet in Cubasis 3

@BillS said:
    what is MPE by the way?

MIDI Polyphonic Expression: it's an extension to the MIDI specs, which lets you add expression to each individual note you're playing. E.g. you can pitchbend one voice while modulating another. Normal MIDI only works on all voices simultaneously.

• @BillS said:

@richardyot said:
    Cubasis 3 currently doesn’t record MPE. It should work in Cubasis 2 though.

Too bad I don’t have the old version, but bought the latest and greatest lol. I’m sure Steinberg will get there - what is MPE by the way? Thanks.

MPE is expressive MIDI, which is what GeoShred uses.

• edited January 2020

Thanks - in Cubasis 2, are you able to access GeoShred’s presets and things like the performance settings to change key? Can’t see this in Cubasis 3.

• edited January 2020

@BillS said:
    Thanks - in Cubasis 2, are you able to access GeoShred’s presets and things like the performance settings to change key? Can’t see this in Cubasis 3.

Yes, full access to app’s UI

• @MobileMusic said:

@BillS said:

Bodes well for a solution - I will look forward to version 3 being as advanced as version 2!

• @BillS said:

@MobileMusic said:

@BillS said:

Bodes well for a solution - I will look forward to version 3 being as advanced as version 2!

Did you try Full Screen mode in AU?

• @MobileMusic said:

@BillS said:

@MobileMusic said:

@BillS said:

Sure did.

• @BillS said:

@MobileMusic said:

@BillS said:

@MobileMusic said:

@BillS said:

Sure did.

On my iPad Pro 11” in half screen mode, GeoShred is chopped off on the sides a bit and it’s menu is not visible. I reported to the dev and they increased its width a bit but still the menu is only visible in full screen mode, need to report it again with screenshot

• It’s been having display troubles for me as an au in aum on my phone

• I’ve reported the issues with screenshots to both GeoShred and Steinberg.