Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alert - Korg sale ends on 23rd!

Comments

• The only ones I don't have, I don't really want--iElectribe Gorillaz Edition and iKaossilator. :-) I have and like the others, and highly recommend them to any who don't have them. :-)

• With a little attention from Korg , Ikaossilator would be an awesome app instead of something to play around with a bit as it was left by them. You can get some very interesting results but iy needs an update badly and perhaps in app purchase options for grooves and new sounds. The file sharing is broken also it seems. I think Ikaossilator has become what is known as abandonedware..

• I'm getting very anxious about the sale. I don't particularly feel like I will use gadget very often yet the thought of missing the sale is tearing me apart! Should I just bite the bullett and pull the trigger, opt for caustic3, or get over my insignificant turmoil?

• If you won't use it do not buy. If you will use it then to wait would not be very wise. It will be getting some pretty neat updates at first at least but you have to choose. I have Caustic also but do not use as much as gadget. But caustic brings some interesting options to have also, I chose to get both and am happy and got both for less than gadget will be at full price even before updates!

• I think its worth it - the sounds are great and the synth engines quite varied, the composition side is very intuituve and quick to work with too.

• Also keep in mind that Korg has sales quite often. It's not exactly now or never.

• Don't worry. All the Korg apps are on sale regulary.

• For the people thinking about Caustic...... you can download a free windows version on their website, so you can check it out first before buying the iOS version.

But I highly recomment Gadget!

• Gadget is a blast. I own pretty much all the other Korg apps and never use them. The great thing about Gadget is that it really feels like it was designed for the iPad, instead of a recreation of a VST of a vintage synth.

• edited February 2014

I've purchased a lot of music apps, plenty of synths, AB, Cubasis, Caustic etc. but I've made more music with Gadget than with all of the others combined.

As Zymos says, it feels very much at home on the iPad, easy to work with, great sounds and inspiring collection of gadgets.

IMO the best electronic music production environment on the iPad - and versatile enough to allow you to create other styles as well.

There's much more under the surface. For example when you edit the drum kits, you realize that there are MANY more drum samples than you hear in the factory kits, by selecting the right sounds and tweaking the parameters (tuning, length, punch etc.) you can easily make for example a rock kit with 3 toms, crash cymbal and all :-)

I'm very impressed with what KORG has done here, and excited to see what they plan to add.

• edited February 2014

I made loads of tracks on gadget for the first 3 weeks. It was refreshing and enjoyable. The sound is good out of the box and is reasonably tweakable however...I haven't played it for a whole now and I'm back discovering new (at least to me) and interesting AB compatible apps and I'm finding the sound and routability quite superior. I see a lot of gadgetmania going on and I'm definitely part of it but the honeymoon is over. To me it is a sketchbook, if you want to paint in truly amazing colours I recommend larger canvas and richer colours ;)

I'm still looking forward to the updates etc but I have low expectations. For instant I'm not expecting fx gadgets or audiobus input for separate gadgets which it needs to be truly useful in AB. What I'm expecting is a string of specialized gadgets such as audio gadget or a sampler, maybe they'll add few more effect in the multieffect section but to be honest not much more than that. I hope I'm wrong of course :)

• I would think u could use whatever portion you choose to once audiobus gets impamentation.

• edited February 2014

Yes but in that case I just use a fully fledged synth or drum machine with all of the bells and whistles. Guess that will depend on the workflow anyway.

• Ah yes but you should also be able to tweak while recording sequences right into your daw of choice hopefully .

• It will be interesting to see how they implement AB, there are several potential scenarios. I wait with much interest!

• edited February 2014

Where is the update? I can't wait! :)

• edited March 2014

• Japan I believe.

• Did they ever explicitly promise an update as soon as the intro price ended?

• Think they said they are working hard to have an update by the end of the month

• edited February 2014

The sale price for Gadget has been extended until March 31st . . .

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/022102/

• Cheeky feckers getting us all to panic buy!

• Has to do with chart position and visibility. If they let the price bump, they have no idea where it will end up on the charts. They probably decided at the last minute not to test it.

• Either that or maybe because they're not ready with the update and pushing that back too?

• @SpookyZoo said:

Either that or maybe because they're not ready with the update and pushing that back too?

Probably more like it :)

• The update and the sale are two completely different things, in spite of people's imagination....

• @Zymos said:

The update and the sale are two completely different things, in spite of people's imagination....

Thanks for clearing that up !

• It looks like the sale price has ended for the other apps.

• edited February 2014

Answer: Waiting for the update to be accepted in the Apple store. /// What is Why has Korg extended their sale on Gadget but not on there other IOS apps, for $1000.00 Alex.