Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 Looper Now is AuV3 Compatible!

Comments

• @RJB said:

Playbeats is unstable for me in AUM. It can crash out and need to be reloaded if it is sitting around unused.

Hope this helps.

Cool, so it seems like PlayBeat could be the culprit.

Anyone having issues without PlayBeat?

• @danielfromcodalabs said:

@RJB said:

Playbeats is unstable for me in AUM. It can crash out and need to be reloaded if it is sitting around unused.

Hope this helps.

Sadly, yes. On my iPad gen 6, in AUM with just a few tracks in L7

• @espiegel123 said:

What's going on?

@espiegel123 said:

What's going on?

After recording a few loops (2 to 3 4-measure loops), the AU will crash trying to record another. This was in a simple AUM project with just three lanes. One lane is bus A feeding into L7 feeding bus p at the output. The second bus has an input at the top (mic or Pulse or AudioLayer) that has bus a as the destination. The third lane has bus P as its input. I use it as the master bus.

• I'm having a problem recording an automatic-length loop. I'm using an iRig BlueBoard to start and stop the recording, and there's no problem getting the recording started. However, when I click the BlueBoard button to stop the auto-length loop, it keeps recording for about a second before ending.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue (or tell me what I may be doing wrong)?

• @kgmessier said:
    I'm having a problem recording an automatic-length loop. I'm using an iRig BlueBoard to start and stop the recording, and there's no problem getting the recording started. However, when I click the BlueBoard button to stop the auto-length loop, it keeps recording for about a second before ending.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue (or tell me what I may be doing wrong)?

If you’re recording the first loop in the session, it will stop instantly and auto-set the tempo. If you’re recording subsequent loops, it’ll stop recording at the next divisible measure. That might be why you’re noticing a delay.

If you’re recording the first loop in the session, it will stop instantly and auto-set the tempo. If you’re recording subsequent loops, it’ll stop recording at the next divisible measure. That might be why you’re noticing a delay.

The problem I'm having is with the initial loop (before the tempo is even set).

• @kgmessier said:

@danielfromcodalabs said:

Ok, that shouldn’t be happening then. Can you send me a video? [email protected]

Thanks

• >

Yes.....
    Open L7 standalone, open settings, count to 10.. crash!!

• @Synthi said:

>

Yes.....
    Open L7 standalone, open settings, count to 10.. crash!!

Uninstalled and reinstalled and seem to work stable:)

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

What's going on?

After recording a few loops (2 to 3 4-measure loops), the AU will crash trying to record another. This was in a simple AUM project with just three lanes. One lane is bus A feeding into L7 feeding bus p at the output. The second bus has an input at the top (mic or Pulse or AudioLayer) that has bus a as the destination. The third lane has bus P as its input. I use it as the master bus.

After the crash, even the standalone was being flaky and crashing with few tracks or sometimes recording a first loop.

Deleting and re-installing helped.

Totally unrelated: I find that when using A to record the first loop, L7 pretty generally ends up recording for an amount of time equal to how long I have recorded. For instance, count from one to eight and tap to stop when you would have said 9. L7 continues recording for the amount of time it took to count to 8.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Totally unrelated: I find that when using A to record the first loop, L7 pretty generally ends up recording for an amount of time equal to how long I have recorded. For instance, count from one to eight and tap to stop when you would have said 9. L7 continues recording for the amount of time it took to count to 8.

Yes, this is what I’m seeing as well. I’ll provide a video later today.

• Hey @danielfromcodalabs are there plans to support midi control for L7? Would be great to being able to hit record/stop/delete/new track etc with my foot controller in AUM.

• @jacou

Have a look in midi bindings

Top left hand corner has three bars.
    Open that menu and you will see ,'midi bindings', underneath midi input.
    We can't route through AUM yet so try it in standalone mode first.

Looking forward to hearing your results.

• @Gravitas said:

It works via AUM (although I'm having an issue with stopping auto-length recordings—see my earlier post).

• @Gravitas said:
    @jacou

Have a look in midi bindings

Top left hand corner has three bars.
    Open that menu and you will see ,'midi bindings', underneath midi input.
    We can't route through AUM yet so try it in standalone mode first.

Oh that’s a great info! Thanks! :)
    Will try it out later

@kgmessier said:

Ok, that shouldn’t be happening then. Can you send me a video? [email protected]

Thanks

Daniel, I just emailed a video to you, but I'll share the video (and what I wrote) here for others to observe and perhaps attempt to recreate:

I'm at the office right now, so I can't put together a fully-fledged video of the issue using my guitar and iRig BlueBoard, but the example in the attached video illustrates the same behavior.

I'm using AUM with a synth in the input and L7 in the effect slot. All I did was click the A button in L7 to start an auto-length recording, click one of the synth keyboard keys three times, then immediately clicked the sound wave in L7 to stop the auto-length loop record.

As you can see, the recording process continues on its own for a period of time before ending and starting playback. Unfortunately, you can't tell from the screen recording exactly when I clicked the sound wave to terminate recording, but I can tell you it was immediately after pressing the synth keys three times (as though I wanted the recorded loop to be exactly the length of those three key presses without any space thereafter).

• Hey guys, I haven’t given up on this. Working on an update that will fix bugs and improve performance across the board. Just trying to make sure it’s the best it can be before releasing. Thanks for being patient! 🙌

• Excellent, I just got a blueboard yesterday and already upped my guitar looping game 👌

Hey guys, I haven’t given up on this. Working on an update that will fix bugs and improve performance across the board. Just trying to make sure it’s the best it can be before releasing. Thanks for being patient! 🙌

No worries dude.

We’ve been noticing the updates.

Focus on the improvements and
    know we’ve got your back on this.

🙌🏽

Hey guys, I haven’t given up on this. Working on an update that will fix bugs and improve performance across the board. Just trying to make sure it’s the best it can be before releasing. Thanks for being patient! 🙌

Thanks for the update, Daniel! I sent something to you last night regarding recording start and stop via BlueBoard. (Let me know if you need screenshots or video.)

Great work you've done to this point!

Lately I’ve been using only your app to record loop in aum.

Consider it far superior in easy of use the the other looper.

Keep it up the good work.

• @danielfromcodalabs mine was crashing in standalone only 5 seconds after opening without doing anything. Deleted and reinstalled. Recorded some loops and it crashed while recording the fourth loop with tempo delay. Now every time I open it, it crashes instantly after opening. I’m on an iPad 9.7 iOS 13.3.

• New update just dropped! Lots of stability and performance enhancements. And the AUv3 now shows up on iOS 11! Hope this works for you guys. If you have questions, email me at [email protected].

• Thanks for the update, will check this out tonight :)

• Thanks!!!

New update just dropped! Lots of stability and performance enhancements. And the AUv3 now shows up on iOS 11! Hope this works for you guys. If you have questions, email me at [email protected].

The reliability is much improved as an AU. I have been happily recording without crashes!

I am noticing that sometimes when terminating the initial recording when using A to start it that the end of the loop sometimes has some silence in it even if you tapped to stop while there was still audio. (As if there is a rounding error in the tempo calculation and so it didn't terminate when you pressed stop but waited to make the measure length match an integer tempo (or something).

An option to have a microfade at the beginning and end of the loop would be enormously helpful-- as looping pads and the like seems to consistently result in clicks.

• @danielfromcodalabs : any chance that you can make the AU use host sync rather than forcing the use of Ableton Link to sync with the host? Normally, AUs that can sync have a host sync option rather forcing he use of Ableton.

It would also be nice to have an option of a longer count-in for recording the first loop when using host sync/Ableton link. It seems like one has a maximum of one bar of count off (and less if you hit record after beat 1).

• Hello @danielfromcodalabs, I am really enjoying L7...but for some reason I can’t load more than one AUv3 instance inside AUM. Am I doing something wrong ?

• Are there any news on the „automatic overdub after recording“ feature?