Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 Looper Now is AuV3 Compatible!

«1345

Comments

  • Congrats on the update. Looking forward to using it 👊🏼™️

  • Fuckin rights, my night is planned now

  • Beta tested this morning

    Reached 21 tracks of two bar loops via Auv3.

    AUM as host.

    No problem.

  • edited January 2020

    Very excited about this. But had a few crashes already. Loaded up Zeeon and L7 in AUM with nothing else. Worked well a few times but after 3 tracks started to crash. How do you sync to host tempo?

  • Yes same here. Worked 2-3 times and now it crash after each recording.

  • @auxmux said:
    Very excited about this. But had a few crashes already. Loaded up Zeeon and L7 in AUM with nothing else. Worked well a few times but after 3 tracks started to crash. How do you sync to host tempo?

    What hardware and what OS?

  • @espiegel123 iPad Pro 2016, 13.3 or maybe 13.2.

  • @auxmux said:
    Very excited about this. But had a few crashes already. Loaded up Zeeon and L7 in AUM with nothing else. Worked well a few times but after 3 tracks started to crash. How do you sync to host tempo?

    I’ve had crashes too, hope this will be fixed, but like the potential of it :)..tempo can be synced with Link in the settings...it’s odd I’ve never seen Link in an AU before, but it works. Hope that host sync is added then it won’t be necessary though.

  • Yup, looking forward to updates. Also, state saving in the AU is not working.

  • I just bought this, hoping to use it to record loops in AUM (Multitrack is far too fiddly for me) but it only runs one instance, which is a bit of a letdown. Any plans to change this, does anyone know?

  • Crashed 3 times in a row in standalone mode with three tracks. Ipad pro 10.5 ios 12.4.1

  • Can’t get it to stay open in standalone. iPad 9.7 latest OS.

    Link start stop doesn’t always work in AUM.

    Live input monitoring seems buggy. Turning it off during playback didn’t actually turn it off for some reason. Also seems like a function that should be on the main screen?

    I know this is an audiokit collab but is the main dev active here?

  • @DCJ said:
    I know this is an audiokit collab but is the main dev active here?

    Very. I know it’ll get sorted quickly.

  • Awesome

  • Nice update, very nice.

  • I just bought it to reward the effort... any bugs will be addressed. Not all will be resolved.
    After purchase I then scanned and was not dismayed to have purchased a $4 AUv3 Looper
    that supports the AudioKit Team. That's like tipping Doug via Patreon. If you have the money please do the right thing for developer's like Aure. He could work for Apple or any major corporation but he has decided to code for the benefit or other developers and the community of users that want low cost solution that have solid engineering in their DNA.

  • @DCJ said:
    Can’t get it to stay open in standalone. iPad 9.7 latest OS.

    Link start stop doesn’t always work in AUM.

    Live input monitoring seems buggy. Turning it off during playback didn’t actually turn it off for some reason. Also seems like a function that should be on the main screen?

    I know this is an audiokit collab but is the main dev active here?

    @wim said:

    @DCJ said:
    I know this is an audiokit collab but is the main dev active here?

    Very. I know it’ll get sorted quickly.

    +1 Definitely.

    The sample rate fix was only implemented this morning.

    He needs some sleep.

  • Thanks for the updates audiokit!

  • AUv3 from AudioKit is so cool.. and having AUv3 in the Audio Kit just means more AUv3
    apps at great prices from smaller developers. The big shops tend to use JUCE or write their own framework.

    Some smaller developers seem to have coded their own frameworks like Audio Damage,
    ApeSoft, etc. They always get kudos and rotten fruit for their "out of the box" thinking about GUI's. When they are able to convert old products to AUv3 I'm impressed. It's not trivial.

  • It’s very nice, and promising, having this an AUv3, though split screen in Audiobus is great as well. Unfortunately I’m having problems with AUv3 in AUM. After the second track it starts to bog down about two measures in to the third and following tracks while recording. The playback starts to glitch and the timing is off until the loop is finished recording. The recording seems to be intact, though usually borked because timing is hard to keep when the backing tracks are glitching out.

    I’m on an Air 2, latest iOS, in AUM. Will stick with IAA for now, but I’m excited for when the glitches are ironed out. B)

  • @wim said:
    After the second track it starts to bog down about two measures in to the third and following tracks while recording.

    This could be the AUv3 "curse" based upon RAM limits. Enso had a similar performance
    profile. 3 tracks and it would crackle or just crash. The DAW is supposed to crash any AUv3 app that exceeds the limit. It's a challenge. It's painful to see 300 tracks in Logic Pro but I understand those Desktop/Laptop systems are designed and tuned for massive workloads.

    IOS/iPad/iPhones are like calculators on steroids. Still, a lot of fun if you can live with the
    limitations of the platforms. I like the pricing models and mobility and expect issues. I always find some and try to work within the realities of the products. One track of Enso can add some extra magic so I like it and just lament it's limitations. This will probably be that type of
    app for me. Not really flawed... just limited.

  • Thanks for the auv3 update! There are few issues:

    • at the end of loop recording every time I have audio glitches
    • Record buttons not showing in the Audiobus sidebar (although I’m not sure it is possible for auv3)
    • Crashed after 5 recorded tracks

    Been playing on iPhone X, iOS 13.3

  • @wim said:
    It’s very nice, and promising, having this an AUv3, though split screen in Audiobus is great as well. Unfortunately I’m having problems with AUv3 in AUM. After the second track it starts to bog down about two measures in to the third and following tracks while recording. The playback starts to glitch and the timing is off until the loop is finished recording. The recording seems to be intact, though usually borked because timing is hard to keep when the backing tracks are glitching out.

    I’m on an Air 2, latest iOS, in AUM. Will stick with IAA for now, but I’m excited for when the glitches are ironed out. B)

    I had the same problem.

    What sample rate do you normally use?

  • How do you route / learn midi for the AUv3
    ? It’s not sowing as a destination in AUM and not showing triggering params... what am I missing here 🧐

  • edited January 2020

    @McD said:
    AUv3 from AudioKit is so cool.. and having AUv3 in the Audio Kit just means more AUv3
    apps at great prices from smaller developers. The big shops tend to use JUCE or write their own framework.

    Thanks for the kind words.

    In related news, I'm very excited to announce that Jeff Cooper and I have been working on a robust MIT-licensed (completely free open-source) example of an open-source sample instrument playing AUv3 app.

    It will hopefully be one of the most complete examples of an AUv3 app. We've been writing it from the ground up, so it will be simpler to understand. (Much better than trying to tack AUv3 onto an existing app).

    We should be able to make the code public in March. And, we'll be able to give fellow developers access next month. ([email protected])

    In the meantime, thank you for supporting indie developers like @danielfromcodalabs on the L7 Looper app. He has been working incredibly hard on it for all of you here.

  • Nice to have this an an AU! 👍

    Found a bug with L7 in AUM with Ableton Link that the first beat is recorded at the end of the loop (tested with DigiStix and Pure Acid at various buffer settings, iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.3.1)

  • Really nice to have as AU. Thanks for pushing this through.

    As others have mentioned, it crashes quite a bit at the moment. I was using it in AUM in the effects slot to record from Mood (cpu was about 12-15%). I was able to record one track, but it kept crashing when I tried to record a second track while the other played. I am using the latest non-beta os on a 10.5 iPad Pro. I look forward to updates - the UI is really convenient.

    One more thing, and not as important: when exporting from standalone, the “master track” in the zip does not mirror the relative volume settings per track. Could this be offered as an option - export post fx? Like I said, not a huge deal, as the stems export as well and can be “massaged” later.

  • @analog_matt said:

    @McD said:
    AUv3 from AudioKit is so cool.. and having AUv3 in the Audio Kit just means more AUv3
    apps at great prices from smaller developers. The big shops tend to use JUCE or write their own framework.

    Thanks for the kind words.

    In related news, I'm very excited to announce that Jeff Cooper and I have been working on a robust MIT-licensed (completely free open-source) example of an open-source sample instrument playing AUv3 app.

    It will hopefully be one of the most complete examples of an AUv3 app. We've been writing it from the ground up, so it will be simpler to understand. (Much better than trying to tack AUv3 onto an existing app).

    We should be able to make the code public in March. And, we'll be able to give fellow developers access next month. ([email protected])

    In the meantime, thank you for supporting indie developers like @danielfromcodalabs on the L7 Looper app. He has been working incredibly hard on it for all of you here.

    Very interesting and very encouraging!

  • @wim @clowm @gdog

    I was having similar issues with both the IAA and the Auv3 version.

    It turned out that it was to do with the internal sample rate.
    I always have my system at 44.1khz and L7 was working internally at 48khz
    so have a look in settings and try changing the sample rate,
    another thing also to bear in mind, as it's been happening with other IAA apps
    and AUM is to start the IAA apps first and then instantiate AUM.

    Hope this assists.

  • @Gravitas said:
    @wim @clowm @gdog

    I was having similar issues with both the IAA and the Auv3 version.

    It turned out that it was to do with the internal sample rate.
    I always have my system at 44.1khz and L7 was working internally at 48khz
    so have a look in settings and try changing the sample rate,
    another thing also to bear in mind, as it's been happening with other IAA apps
    and AUM is to start the IAA apps first and then instantiate AUM.

    Hope this assists.

    Thanks. Unfortunately that didn’t clear it up. 48k does the same thing.

Sign In or Register to comment.