Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Send/receive auv3 with variable Send?

Hello!

I am looking for an AUV3 that behaves like the apeMatrix Mixer Send Receive plug-in BUT instead of just sending a signal to another channel at 100% it would have a knob/slider that controlled the degree that the signal is sent~ is anyone aware of an AUV3 capable of behaving this way?

Comments

• Hi - do you own AUM? You can send to a bus and mix amount and wet/dry for any effect.

• @gusgranite said:
    Hi - do you own AUM? You can send to a bus and mix amount and wet/dry for any effect.

I know I adore AUM and wish I could use it for this but unfortunately I am working within zenbeats and need an AUV3 that will do this within that environment

• OK what type of FX?

• The first 4 FX I opened all have wet/dry mix controls so I think it’s quite common.

• @gusgranite said:
    OK what type of FX?

I’m not looking for any fx at all other than the ability to send the audio from one channel to another channel to a variable degree that is controlled by midi

This would be possible using the traditional SEND controls of a DAW, however in the current version of Zenbeats the SEND faders are not able to be midi-mapped. The apeMatrix Mixer Send Receive auv3 that allows you to pipe audio from one track to another would be perfect except there is no variability in how much of the signal is sent.

Is anyone aware of any plugs similar to Mixer Send Receive that allow variable control of how much of the signal is sent?

Thank you so much!

• Right! I see what you’re asking now. 🙂

That’s an interesting one. The only AU FX I can think of that do any kind of channel to channel send are the Woodpressor sidechain compressor and the FAC Envolver midi follower but neither send audio out.

It sounds like a Zenbeats feature request?

• So really you’re just looking for a midi controlled gain? You have audio on channel 1 and you want the same audio on channel 2 but you want to control the channel 2 volume by midi? Are you able to duplicate channel 1 audio on channel 2 for starters and then maybe look for an app with midi controlled wet/dry where there’s no gain on the wet or something?

• Not sure if i got correctly what you need - is it that you want to control send amount with midi, usimg some midi hw controller ??

This is possible in na Nanostudio2, ypu can map send fader (and send pan) to MIDI CC

• @dendy i think it needs to be in Zenbeats.

• @gusgranite said:
    @dendy i think it needs to be in Zenbeats.

ah ok, then my information is totally irrelevant :))

• edited January 2020

@annahahn said:

@gusgranite said:
    OK what type of FX?

I’m not looking for any fx at all other than the ability to send the audio from one channel to another channel to a variable degree that is controlled by midi

This would be possible using the traditional SEND controls of a DAW, however in the current version of Zenbeats the SEND faders are not able to be midi-mapped. The apeMatrix Mixer Send Receive auv3 that allows you to pipe audio from one track to another would be perfect except there is no variability in how much of the signal is sent.

Is anyone aware of any plugs similar to Mixer Send Receive that allow variable control of how much of the signal is sent?

Thank you so much!

A bit hack-y, but you could do this with four instances of the apeSoft Mixer Send Receive and a sacrificial channel.

Send from the source channel on, e.g., bus A. On the sacrificial channel, receive from bus A pre-fader.
    Post fader, send to another bus (e.g. B ) and on your ultimate receiving channel, receive bus B.
    Now the fader on the sacrificial channel is your level adjustor (and this assumes you can MIDI map channel faders in Zenbeats....)

Obviously this is showing AUM, but the concept should carry over....

• edited January 2020

You can get it using a Visual Mixer instance after the receiver. Checked in ZenBeats and it works.

• @torrescampalans said:
    You can get it using a Visual Mixer instance after the receiver. Checked in ZenBeats and it works.

Interesting, exactly how do you mean? I'm slightly confused, are you using Visual Mixer to send/receive audio or are you just using visual mixer as a midi controllable volume fader?

• sorry,,, I see I can control how much signal I receive, but I don’t find the way to MIDI map it, that seems what you are looking for...

• @torrescampalans said:
    sorry,,, I see I can control how much signal I receive, but I don’t find the way to MIDI map it, that seems what you are looking for...

I’m confused which task visual mixer would potentially handle the ~ is it the sending/receiving? Or are you just saying that it can be used to control the volume? If it’s the later then I am confused why you wouldn’t just use the volume fader built into zenbeats? Please correct me if I misunderstand, I feel like I am missing something in what you are suggesting

• @annahahn said:

@torrescampalans said:
    sorry,,, I see I can control how much signal I receive, but I don’t find the way to MIDI map it, that seems what you are looking for...

I’m confused which task visual mixer would potentially handle the ~ is it the sending/receiving? Or are you just saying that it can be used to control the volume? If it’s the later then I am confused why you wouldn’t just use the volume fader built into zenbeats? Please correct me if I misunderstand, I feel like I am missing something in what you are suggesting

Yes, I’m saying that you can use Visual Mixer to control the amount of signal you get from a receiver, kind of a prefader volume. Why this instead of the Zenbeats volume channel?. Dunno, I’m not who’s asking for a method to control the amount of signal in a Mixer Send Receive plug-in.
    Thinking more about it, it’s true that control the signal you receive doesn’t seem very useful. If you want control the amount of signal you send, you can do it using a dummy track.
    Track 1 sends signal to Track 2 using Mixer Send Receive bus A
    Track 2 receives signal from Track 1 using MSR bus A, after that you put an instance of Visual Mixer (this is your send volume) and after it another MSR instance that sends signal to Track 3 using bus B. This Track 2 must be muted.
    Track 3 receives signal from Track 2 using MSR bus B.

and you can feed this Track 3 with more sends in the same manner: Track 4 can send signal to a muted Track 5 using bus C, control the amount of signal with another Visual Mixer, and send it to Track 3 using bus B.

Not midi controlable I think, but you can achieve an alternative bus send system. Hope it helps