Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hyper real reverbs that aren’t convolution?

Any suggestions? Looking for the feel of a convolution reverb without the CPU usage

Comments

• What sound is 'feel'?

• @rs2000 said:
    What sound is 'feel'?

I guess I mean like this~ many of the reverbs I’ve used have a very synthetic/dreamy quality of them vs convolution reverbs where they have an almost photographic/hyper realistic quality to the sound

With the convolution reverbs you very much feel the qualities of the room in a very detailed way, vs many of the other reverbs I’ve used often feel more vague in terms of the space they attempt to mimic the acoustic properties of

• Well, I mean... there’s many styles

Room
    Hall
    Plate
    Spring

If you can eq a send with a reverb, you can possibly make it sound “more” real/present. I guess it would depend on what frequencies you’re trying to focus on.

But many reverbs are not emulating a specific distinct space, I think they’re often a bit more vague. And that’s where treating a send can give you more control.

The new Eventide really does sound like springs though!

• Virsyn Audio Reverb is a hybrid, it uses convolution for the early reflections and algorithmic for the late ones. So it has those realistic early reflections while still being light on CPU.

• @annahahn said:

@rs2000 said:
    What sound is 'feel'?

I guess I mean like this~ many of the reverbs I’ve used have a very synthetic/dreamy quality of them vs convolution reverbs where they have an almost photographic/hyper realistic quality to the sound

With the convolution reverbs you very much feel the qualities of the room in a very detailed way, vs many of the other reverbs I’ve used often feel more vague in terms of the space they attempt to mimic the acoustic properties of

In that case I would rather use a convolution reverb and freeze the audio track to save CPU.
    IRs give you a wide choice of ambiences and I don't know of any iOS plugin that would deliver anything similar without using IRs.

• @richardyot said:

Virsyn Audio Reverb is a hybrid, it uses convolution for the early reflections and algorithmic for the late ones. So it has those realistic early reflections while still being light on CPU.

+1